stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I completely agree with your numbers and I would think that is what Ford will do for MY2023
We'll soon find out. What does it say if they don't?
Sponsored

Brownmule247

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion, Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok, so 104,468 produced and 86,387 sold so far this year and Ford stating 99% of those are reservations. On another post it was stated something like 80-90k orders for '23 are left to convert/verify ... this should be a cake walk for Ford to knock out even if all the now 99 orders convert and still leave dealers with some for the lots.

@Ford Motor Company any reason why you can't just bypass allocations this MY and deliver to those who remaining reservations?
Yeah no shit Ford!! I agree with a lot of others that they could easily fill these reservations quickly, but its smells like favoritism to big dealers & perpetuating/ encouraging the act of massive mark ups. Pathetic greed in all it's ugly Ford glory.

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yup, they should have never taken a single walk in order and went down the list based on timestamp regardless of what dealer was getting it. Ford has really soured many folks to their brand.

Its worse -- here there is a Honda dealer with a new 4 door Wildtrack Sasquatch in Hot Pepper sitting out front for sale. This is not the first Bronco they've had out there either so how they are getting them in front of everyone else should piss off all of us. And it does!

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah no shit Ford!! I agree with a lot of others that they could easily fill these reservations quickly, but its smells like favoritism to big dealers & perpetuating/ encouraging the act of massive mark ups. Pathetic greed in all it's ugly Ford glory.
1st, I dig your handle; you are clearly a Ford die-hard.

2nd, I am not a Ford apologist, just another dude who rode through the pandemic without skipping a beat at work.

I ride in the middle of this apparent quagmire that Ford made. Dealers and customers both had expectations changed and Ford altered them throughout.

Large dealers have massive staff to support these major operations. The tax assessment on that 13-acre parking lot and massive sales floor and 30 mechanic service stalls with huge parts counters didn't disappear when the volume to sell went out the window. The tax bills, utility bills, workers comp, etc. are still very real expenses on all dealers, large or small. But those expenses are fairly matched to dealer size.

When the reservation system was announced, many shopped for crazy good deals. Small dealers smelled blood in the water and tried to get a very large share of the pie and consumers followed by taking advantage of transparent dealers offering excellent deals for the hottest new toy. Ford risked the contract they had with their invested franchise dealers at a time when they could not get inventory to stay afloat. I hate to say it, but circling back to allocation was the only way to back out of the mess.

Now, what should have happened was Ford owning the mistake. They clearly changed the disclaimer in the reservation portal, and for a good reason. They should have allowed customers with reservations to pick them up and move them back to a local dealer with allocation. Dealers could have been more transparent about their actual annual allocation as well. To date, I've only seen Granger be massively transparent about allocation and customers' place in line.

I just hope that the remaining MY21 to MY22 so to be MY23 crowd can get their units soon. It was that promise to build in reservation order that got them to use their reservation at a given dealer. Let's face it, if Ford could build and deliver 200k Broncos right now, they would gladly put that money in the bank and satisfy investors.

Sponsored

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

4 weeks and 2 days (Mon-Fri) = aprox 3,100 per week and it's says production dropped almost 12% from Aug. If that's from constraints wouldn't Ford build stock units?

Is 3k per week keeping the line moving at "full speed"? If Ford has made approx 3,500 per week in Aug, what slowed the line?

And, what is considered full speed with out adding a shift?

Is there options like adding just a weekend day without adding a night shift for example?
Labor Day weekend slowed production.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Odd numbers to me. Wonder if they count the ones waiting for chips as "produced"???
They must be selling better than those numbers. You rarely see them on any dealer lots except the big ones.
It seems that every month we have seen more Bronco's produced than sold. The YTD numbers also follow suit. I believe the 12,200 US Gross Stocks are dealer inventory.

Where are the 5,881 Bronco's? Chip hold? Awaiting Shipment? Exports?

Produced YTD 104,468
Sold YTD 86,387
-------------------------
Difference 18,081
U.S. Gross Stks 12,200
----------------------------
? Delta ? 5,881

Ford Bronco 📊 Bronco September 2022 Sales: 10,892 sold / 13,318 produced 1664914509224

Sponsored

WaitingForMyBroncoHTX

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Meanwhile the Kia dealership in Tomball, TX I drive by daily has 10 out front in their lot :LOL:

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, so 104,468 produced and 86,387 sold so far this year and Ford stating 99% of those are reservations. On another post it was stated something like 80-90k orders for '23 are left to convert/verify ... this should be a cake walk for Ford to knock out even if all the now 99 orders convert and still leave dealers with some for the lots.

@Ford Motor Company any reason why you can't just bypass allocations this MY and deliver to those who remaining reservations?
Can you point me in the direction to the total number of orders left?

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

kbeck

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So does this mean they have 12k in stock and is that counting the ones priced $20k over MSRP sitting on dealer lots that they purchased from other dealers over MSRP and marked up more or the ones sitting waiting on chips?
Ford Bronco 📊 Bronco September 2022 Sales: 10,892 sold / 13,318 produced 1664919688829

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Of course. I wouldn’t want to deprive you of your bronco. :)
Sponsored