Sponsored

165k Reservations might be the 2021 cut off and a tall order to fulfill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
“Stay Tuned” :honk honk:
Ford Bronco 165k Reservations might be the 2021 cut off and a tall order to fulfill. 4A0C9BFE-57E6-4E22-B7F6-1545DCC8A8DB
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'd like some comment from supply chain experts here:

Shouldn't suppliers be beginning component production now (or soon)? If Dana needs 200K more 44's, 190's and 210's starting next spring, and top suppliers and wheel (800K) suppliers et al shouldn't our "insiders" start seeing components coming off someone's line?

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd like some comment from supply chain experts here:

Shouldn't suppliers be beginning component production now (or soon)? If Dana needs 200K more 44's, 190's and 210's starting next spring, and top suppliers and wheel (800K) suppliers et al shouldn't our "insiders" start seeing components coming off someone's line?
And many of us in biz know the supply chain is squished to death right now...so wondering how all those parts are going to appear? Nightmare isn't even close. Because those component makers need parts, too....

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
One thing in favor of those with reservations is they will not be building the Ranger along side the Bronco for the 1st year at least. The plant will be Bronco only at the start AFAIK.
That plant is for the Bronco and the NEW Ranger, which hasn't even been spotted in camo yet. It's at least a year behind the Bronco
This is entirely incorrect as the plant is currently building the North American Ranger and will be doing so until the new Ranger is released, which will also be built at that plant.
Good thing I originally edited my comment to add "AFAIK". :D
I didn't know that. I'm surprised they'll build the existing Ranger along side the Bronco. Extra tooling to do that until the new Ranger comes out and they share the frame and other components.

JH1026

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Yaris, 2016 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There must be a lot of hair loss and stress eating going on in this thread. Zero sense in reading into $100 reservation numbers and comparing them to actual potential order intake and production capability. You'll have a heart attack from worrying before you even get to place your order.

Sponsored

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully it's sooner than that but I think it comes down to suppliers and such also.
Personally I think this is a big factor. Think about it. They put the Bronco out there, now they need time to source, tender, negotiate, and award to suppliers. This will be no small feat. And don't give me, they should have done all that before they released the Bronco, because that never happens. Sure they may have sourced some, but they would of had to gauge the demand, to determine the scope.

Add to the fact that they are still doing testing, tweaking and improving prior to going to market, along with the multitude of accessories that they are probably developing daily, the process will take time.

I for one, think it will be worth the wait.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lets wait and see...

You are getting worked up over the "potential" production of the Bronco?

When did you reserve yours...

Ford Bronco 165k Reservations might be the 2021 cut off and a tall order to fulfill. 4A0C9BFE-57E6-4E22-B7F6-1545DCC8A8DB
In not getting worked up. But I am in a sticky situation being that I just sold my Ram pickup truck to get the Bronco. And my back up car is now having engine problems.

I can stretch my driving situation out to probably next spring because of Covid-19 and not having to drive often. But after that or whenever Covid goes away I'll need a vehicle.

So because of my situation I'm just trying to figure out the realistic delivery time frame.

I placed my reservation on July 28th although my ticket says the 29th. Don't know why. But thats when I placed it.

dividebytube

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Mustang V6, 2008 Infiniti M35x
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
In not getting worked up. But I am in a sticky situation being that I just sold my Ram pickup truck to get the Bronco. And my back up car is now having engine problems.
I'm in the same boat - pushing an older car beyond it's expiration date. My wife has the newest car while I took over her city beater (a 2008 Infiniti M35x). I really want to get rid of it but will have to push it along further. Thankfully I've been working from home most of the time and only taking a rare car trip.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm in the same boat - pushing an older car beyond it's expiration date. My wife has the newest car while I took over her city beater (a 2008 Infiniti M35x). I really want to get rid of it but will have to push it along further. Thankfully I've been working from home most of the time and only taking a rare car trip.
I hear ya. Its not easy. People are acting like I'm flipping out or something just because I want to get a better grasp on the delivery situation.

The best option if I wanted the Bronco was for me to sell my Truck now while the used Truck market is hot. I got a good bit of money for it.

Everything in my plan was working out just fine until my back up car started having engine problems. The cooling fan broke and the engine light is on with the rpms going up and down wildly. Im thinking its carbon build up it one of 3 places.

I don't want to throw money into it either. Thankfully because of Covid-19 I don't have to drive many places like you.

Last edited:

Sponsored

cursed_hemi

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Charger Daytona / 03 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Personally I think this is a big factor. Think about it. They put the Bronco out there, now they need time to source, tender, negotiate, and award to suppliers. This will be no small feat. And don't give me, they should have done all that before they released the Bronco, because that never happens. Sure they may have sourced some, but they would of had to gauge the demand, to determine the scope.

Add to the fact that they are still doing testing, tweaking and improving prior to going to market, along with the multitude of accessories that they are probably developing daily, the process will take time.

I for one, think it will be worth the wait.
I agree. I do think everything is finalized at this point mechanically though. I think the "testing" is for huge amounts of free publicity (keeps people talking about it) and probably fine tuning software/ECM parameters.

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don’t remember where I saw it but there was an interview/quote - oh maybe it was the Q2 earnings call - some higher-up honcho than Mr. Levine said they were looking at an increase in (build) capacity due to the reservation numbers. But, TBH, I really have a hard time believe ALL 165k, $100 order reservations will convert to actual orders. I’d guess maybe 30% in the high side.

JK

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don’t remember where I saw it but there was an interview/quote - oh maybe it was the Q2 earnings call - some higher-up honcho than Mr. Levine said they were looking at an increase in (build) capacity due to the reservation numbers. But, TBH, I really have a hard time believe ALL 165k, $100 order reservations will convert to actual orders. I’d guess maybe 30% in the high side.

JK
I don't know. I think there's a lot more die hards that are into the Bronco more then just a regular SUV. Plus we still have 4 more months of new people making reservations. I think most will fulfill them. I guess we'll find out within a year.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some people could (and did) make two pre-orders on their account. Curious if the 165K includes the folks (like myself) that put in two pre-orders. I only did this because at the time, it was not clear if you could change the trim... and I assume others did the same thing.

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't know. I think there's a lot more die hards that are into the Bronco more then just a regular SUV. Plus we still have 4 more months of new people making reservations. I think most will fulfill them. I guess we'll find out within a year.
$100 will barely feed a family of four at APPLEBEES anymore. And it’s refundable. Not to mention we are living in a economic nightmare and a LOT will change over the next year. All this is to say - the order reservation is not the thing to contemplate - it’s the order count come December.

Not even Ford is expecting to build 165k+ of these in one year.

If Levine is saying 165k reservations that’s only an increase of about 15k since the end of July. If the actually hit 180/200k reservations by December I’d be shocked.

JK
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.