First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2-Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone tried the AEV Jack Base with their factory scissor jack? They make it for JL/JK/Colorado I had to put the spare down the other day and the factory jack worked fine in a flat/smooth parking lot. I do think the extra height would have made me feel a bit more comfortable, as I was extending the scissor jack way up there. This would also be nicer than tossing a few blocks of wood in the back. Now if I could find one that fits in the 2 door storage space, I'm sold.
https://www.aev-conversions.com/product/jk-jack-base/
Sponsored

C4MAN

Base
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door base
Your Bronco Model
Base
So how well does a floor jack work on uneven rocky terrain? I've been in many situations where the amount of level ground is very limited, and a floor jack wouldn't be fully supported. Also, doesn't the fact that the jack has wheels present the possibility of the jack wandering?

Not criticizing, just trying to understand. FWIW, I currently carry a HMMWV jack in my gen 1 Bronco. I do also have a Hi Lift which while it has its limitations for safely lifting a vehicle, it can also be used as a come-along.

Herb
ALLLLLL jacks roll, ours just rolls easier. ALLLL jacks have to roll because the lift arm moves up in an arc, so it moves back as much as it moves up. In dirt, depending on hos soft it is, the wheels will sink to the belly of the jack which is a solid skid plate, giving you a 12"x20" footprint. If you are working on rock or solid ground, our footprint is nearly double what other jacks offer and with 1.5" of ground clearance, it is not so high that it will become unbalanced.

C4MAN

Base
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was wondering this too...at trails like Moab on slickrock, seems like it would roll away, or worse tip over completely 🤔

Or in the mud or snow? What a fiasco having all the mechanism down in the slop? No thanks!
All of our jacks have a solid bottom for that reason. It keeps debris out of the working parts of the jack while also giving it a large footprint to rest on in soft conditions.

Sponsored

newclubfront

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
X2 on the Safe Jack. I called them to talk jacks and they were super helpful...military discount, free shipping, and they make jacks for the military. Their bottle jacks are meant to withstand being laid on their sides with no leaking. You can buy either an entire kit or just parts for your bottle jack...but because ram sizes vary so much, I just at ate it and went with the kit. Everything fits in the 2 door floor cubby.
20211217_173105.jpg
Do you have a pic of it in the bronco jack cubby?

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you have a pic of it in the bronco jack cubby?
I have the GooseGear platform which gave me about an inch or so of additional height from bottom of cubby to underside of cover...with that, it is a perfect fit in the front cubby. The extensions all fit (along with my tire wrench extensions and sockets) in a roll up Rhino bag to the driver side of that cubby. I cut out a section of an Amsoil container in which the jack fits closely in case of any leakage.

I now use the rear cubby for my air hose/deflator/etc. The rear cubby has wonky brackets in it for the OEM jack that make it tough to fit much of anything else in there.
Ford Bronco Jack Options 20220829_063928
Ford Bronco Jack Options 20220829_063917

Mustbeheresomewhere

Badlands
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevrolet Silverado, 2022 Bronco Badlands 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Soooo many things that could go sideways...for those if you who have not had the pleasure/anxiety of using a hilift, this is a good quick watch:

Great video. This should help if you can’t understand him.
Ford Bronco Jack Options 1661782306533

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So I got a shorty bottle jack and it didn't even reach the lift point in my Bronco at full height, so I measured it and it's 14" from floor to bottom of lift point. So that was sent back.

What's a good jack for the Bronco that can fit under the car with zero PSI (assuming 8.5" with no tire and a bare 17" wheel) up to 19" for fully inflated tire with wiggle room to get the tire on?
That's a total of 10.5" of travel for the jack, starting at 8.5" height.

There are no hi-lift points without an aftermarket bumper or rock rails, so not sure what else has that kind of range.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I got a shorty bottle jack and it didn't even reach the lift point in my Bronco at full height, so I measured it and it's 14" from floor to bottom of lift point. So that was sent back.

What's a good jack for the Bronco that can fit under the car with zero PSI (assuming 8.5" with no tire and a bare 17" wheel) up to 19" for fully inflated tire with wiggle room to get the tire on?
That's a total of 10.5" of travel for the jack, starting at 8.5" height.

There are no hi-lift points without an aftermarket bumper or rock rails, so not sure what else has that kind of range.
My kit from Safe Jack lifts my Badlands SAS high enough to eat a sandwich under it...using one extension. I will say that initially it didn't do that, but then I found out that the jack was not bled prior to shipment. In that condition, even with the extension, it didn't even get the front wheel off the ground. After I bled it per their instructions, it became a little skyscraper. As an added bonus it is far more stable than any hi-lift I've ever had and it is much easier to stow. The kit I have also came with a flat mount that works well on the frame as well as a curved mount that works well on the diff.

Sponsored

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My kit from Safe Jack lifts my Badlands SAS high enough to eat a sandwich under it...using one extension. I will say that initially it didn't do that, but then I found out that the jack was not bled prior to shipment. In that condition, even with the extension, it didn't even get the front wheel off the ground. After I bled it per their instructions, it became a little skyscraper. As an added bonus it is far more stable than any hi-lift I've ever had and it is much easier to stow. The kit I have also came with a flat mount that works well on the frame as well as a curved mount that works well on the diff.
I would like to eat sandwiches under my Bronco.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same but hopefully I won't have to spend that much time under her...
I noticed that you're in LA so if you're ever over in the Ventura County area and you want to check the setup I have out let me know.

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those using the SafeJack, does it fit in the storage area where the stock scissor jack was stored?

Specifically, using the least number of extension to get a Sas Bronco tire off the ground....

The Beaz

First Edition
First Name
Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

For those using the SafeJack, does it fit in the storage area where the stock scissor jack was stored?

Specifically, using the least number of extension to get a Sas Bronco tire off the ground....
I don't have the safejack jack, just a generic 4ton, but I do have the 5" lift pad and the 8.5"-12" extension all tucked in there, I'll take a pic and post it.
That said.....when I do it over again, I'd skip the adj. extension and just go with the 3" or 6" extension. Not enough room to get the jack and adj. extension under the frame. So to change a tire I had to jack it up enough without the extension and use a stand, then pull out the jack and add the extension. Would be better to skip the 2 step process!
Sponsored