Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's been raining almost non stop since I picked my Bronco up. Was actually raining the day I got ot as well.. So basically been using the wipers for almost the last 2k miles.

I haven't run into any noticeable issues with my windshield wipers....am I just Lucky or oblivious to whatever issue it is you guys are talking about?
Sponsored

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Some have it, some don't. Mine work fine as well.

LittleMule#1

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 WILDTRAK, 2019 Expedition MAX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Update: I took it to my local dealership for a look into this issue. When I got out of work, I stopped in and they took me to the service bay where my Bronco was running with the wipers going and a water stand jig with a shower head spraying water onto the windshield...wipers were going, going, going....the service writer said it has been like that for an hour (the shower head jig was like driving in a monsoon) so, I picked it up and went out last night for dinner, in the rain...guess what...still does it. Luckily, I woke up this morning and it was still raining hard enough that you would want your wipers on (not intermittent). I stopped down at the dealership and took the service writer for a ride, and SHOWED him what it was doing. He agreed that there is an issue, so I am bringing it back on 1/17 for them to start "tearing into" the system further.
Please keep us posted!

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 GT500ā€™s FGT MACH I Z8
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's been raining almost non stop since I picked my Bronco up. Was actually raining the day I got ot as well.. So basically been using the wipers for almost the last 2k miles.

I haven't run into any noticeable issues with my windshield wipers....am I just Lucky or oblivious to whatever issue it is you guys are talking about?
You could not be oblivious. The wipers gradually slow to a stop when set on Normal or High speeds, and you must rotate the knob between the two to get them going again.

Sponsored

ScottyC

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
UPDATE:

SUCCESS!!! Tech replaced wiper motor and now system is functioning as designed with no "slow down" noted. Rain / snow mix enough when I got out of work today (just now) to have wipers on low wipe mode (not intermittent) and the system did not slow down!! Thank you to Steet Ponte in Yorkville NY and to @Ford Motor Company for getting to the bottom of it.

Limpetman

Everglades
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

UPDATE:

SUCCESS!!! Tech replaced wiper motor and now system is functioning as designed with no "slow down" noted. Rain / snow mix enough when I got out of work today (just now) to have wipers on low wipe mode (not intermittent) and the system did not slow down!! Thank you to Steet Ponte in Yorkville NY and to @Ford Motor Company for getting to the bottom of it.
Thats great news...but how do I get my local dealer to take the same action rather than just repeating the same old 'they are supposed to do that' rubbish?

ScottyC

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thats great news...but how do I get my local dealer to take the same action rather than just repeating the same old 'they are supposed to do that' rubbish?
Try another dealer.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

ScottyC

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Try another dealer.
I just want to point out the dealers reluctance since my tech told me quite frankly that if this did not correct the issue, Ford would not reimburse the dealership for the repair. I understood that since the dealer would have taken the repair job on the chin if the repair did not correct the issue, they were loath to attempt the repair when they could not get the system to act up on them in the shop.

It was after my drive with the tech during the rain event that gave me the ability to SHOW him what is was doing "in the real world" and not in the shop with a metal stand and a shower head spraying water onto the windshield.

Sponsored

TATRunner

Raptor
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor 2020 F250Tremor 2018 911GT3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Update: This is going to be a real problem for Ford to figure out. Hoped in my Bronco this afternoon. Raining like crazy. Just flipped my wipers to low speed and drove off. Drove maybe 15 minutes and NOT a dang thing happened. The wipers worked just as they should. Once I got home, I realized "huh, you've got to be kidding me".

Maybe @Ford MoCo engineering should reach out to any and all of us to get very specific details to help them troubleshoot this.

BadlandzT

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang Mach1, 22 Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine is doing the same thing. 22 black diamond. 2000 miles.

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Was raining on my way to drop the Bronco off to the dealer for them to look at the transmission noise. I swear I had it on setting 3/4 and all of a sudden they slow and I couldnā€™t see much and had to turn it on low.
Thought maybe it was in my head but after seeing this, that must have been what I experienced. I have a 2023 Base.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You could not be oblivious. The wipers gradually slow to a stop when set on Normal or High speeds, and you must rotate the knob between the two to get them going again.
And in true Murphy's fashion, yesterday was the last day of rain for at least a week. If it starts raining again, I'll have to check this out. But I'm pretty sure I've had it on one of the "constant speed" settings and never had it slow down.... But I could be wrong.

I have this thing about not letting my wipers go on dry windshields, so I'm constantly adjusting for the conditions and messing with the speed dial.... Man I miss my Mazda's automatic wipers!

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And in true Murphy's fashion, yesterday was the last day of rain for at least a week. If it starts raining again, I'll have to check this out. But I'm pretty sure I've had it on one of the "constant speed" settings and never had it slow down.... But I could be wrong.

I have this thing about not letting my wipers go on dry windshields, so I'm constantly adjusting for the conditions and messing with the speed dial.... Man I miss my Mazda's automatic wipers!
Me too. Never across dry windshields. Donā€™t want to scratch up my windows. Itā€™s during downpours when you actually need constant speed. Sucks to have them come to a stop while running down the interstate.
Sponsored