indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's the one thing that worries me about long term ownership. Not the engine, not the technology, not the general hardware, but how long can my hardtop actually last?
Same. My CJ hardtop has been to hell and back with no issues. My kids are constantly taking my TJ hardtop off and on (not gingerly) with no issues.

How will the Bronco hardtop hold up over time and with abuse? It does concern me, given some of the issues occurring. And it's not like you can go out and buy a nice used replacement hardtop for 800 bucks, like you can with a Jeep. Time will tell ...
Sponsored

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ah yes, the global supply chain excuse and the, “unprecedented demand.” Because it’s not like this vehicle was unveiled DURING A PANDEMIC. Then Ford took reservations, DURING A PANDEMIC. Then they took orders, DURING A PANDEMIC. Then they kept taking orders, DURING A PANDEMIC for ANOTHER YEAR. Then they unveiled MORE BRONCO MODELS when they couldn’t build the original ones.

How could Ford have seen this coming?! They were just so blindsided by everything! If only they’re pristine, guilt free execs could have had all this information, maybe they could have had a better plan in place!! Poor Ford, the scrutiny is unfounded.

Thankfully, the “unprecedented demand” and the “global supply chain issues” help me sleep at night knowing Ford is doing everything to build a Bronco for me. In the meantime I just scroll through the scheduled threads and look at all the 2 doors that ordered days, months and some a year after me celebrating their vins. It puts a little smile on my face and a little hope that someday Ford can overcome this unfair criticism and build our 700 day old order.
I'm in the same boat. WT order and hard top is a hard stop. From everything I've heard, wheel and tire constraints are what is hitting Sasquatch. Ford offers optional wheel and tires on several models. Perhaps they could do do for Sasquatch.

The hard top is tougher, because there are only two, smaller companies that are making aftermarket versions. I'm not sure what the solution is there.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think the bigger mistake Ford made was offering SAS on every trim-at least in the first few model years. I think it's totally awesome for the consumer, but on their end they greatly under estimated how many people were going to order SAS. To me SAS should have only been offered on Badlands/Wildtrak and whatever that years special edition was.

And not having a factory 2 door soft top option.
It seems that the ties and wheels are the big SAS constraint. Since their current vendors cannot keep up with demand, how about sourcing from a different vendor? Vendor profit on wheels and tires is not huge. Ford could renegotiate a deal to allow another vendor to help build out 2023 orders. They've had many months to sort this out.

Sponsored

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It seems that the ties and wheels are the big SAS constraint. Since their current vendors cannot keep up with demand, how about sourcing from a different vendor? Vendor profit on wheels and tires is not huge. Ford could renegotiate a deal to allow another vendor to help build out 2023 orders. They've had many months to sort this out.
It was said somewhere else it’s probably about the mpg rating and/or safety rating. They were tested with the specific SAS tire so they have to be sold with them. Can’t switch it out now without re-certification.

could be BS, but makes sense.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Global supply chain.... Hmmpf. I stopped hearing that excuse from every company except Ford....6 months ago.
In my workplace we are still facing crazy lead times, sometimes over 100 weeks. This is on electronic components (including "chips") that normally would be stock or if they had a long delivery it might be 12 or 16 weeks. There were always the few with longer times, it is just crazy now

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I feel for any in this situation now especially for 2020 reservation holders.

When my Base got built surprisingly early (just months after ordering in fall of 21), I felt much less pressure about my Black Diamond order (from a week one reservation) that seemed like it would never be scheduled. I really wanted the BD because of the manual and SAS, but felt less pressure.

In a way, having just purchased one Bronco, was hoping for a delay before the next. Of course in Murphy's law fashion two weeks after getting my base I find out my black diamond was scheduled and then it was delivered in record time. I was happy to have it put a second purchase so soon had its complications.

With all this recent crap, I am sure glad that Black Diamond got built and I am now facing this new threat.

My hopes are with you all.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It was said somewhere else it’s probably about the mpg rating and/or safety rating. They were tested with the specific SAS tire so they have to be sold with them. Can’t switch it out now without re-certification.

could be BS, but makes sense.
It makes sense, I guess.

Sponsored

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Same. My CJ hardtop has been to hell and back with no issues. My kids are constantly taking my TJ hardtop off and on (not gingerly) with no issues.

How will the Bronco hardtop hold up over time and with abuse? It does concern me, given some of the issues occurring. And it's not like you can go out and buy a nice used replacement hardtop for 800 bucks, like you can with a Jeep. Time will tell ...
I won't do anything major under the warranty period, but after that I will look into coatings to preserve the hard top.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Never got email, am I in the clear or did they already cancel me lol?
Give it a few days and check with your dealer to see if you’re possible scheduled or if they have the offer.
Things needed to get email .
  1. MY23 COVP certified order
  2. Wildtrak
  3. Any other build that has all the constraints

Last edited:

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Last edited:

Bronco Snow Dog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150, 2009 GT500, 2018 POS Forester
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
There is a huge lesson to be learned by Ford regarding new vehicle launches. "START OUT WITH LESS OPTIONS AND CONFIRGURATIONS"!!!!!!!!!!!
The Maverick is another example of too many options and configurations out of the gate.
This is hurting the brand and hurting the stock price.
K.I.S.S.!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
WT205

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you are going to take the deal, I’d do it sooner than March 7th. If Ford really does try to build all orders before they open it back up for retail in late March- AND- they are allowing allocations to be pulled forward AND they haven’t scheduled regular trims for 5 weeks now- the next couple of scheduling days could be really heavy and those “buildable” broncos get scheduled.

Cliffs Notes- take the deal now and possibly get scheduled in the next two- three weeks.
Sponsored