First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why would you leave your doors or top off or your windows rolled down over night?.....,
Some people will have soft tops and will usually have the top down or completely removed. I went to a jamboree in Aspen with my soft top removed and safari straps on the back area.

Only bad part was one morning I went to the Jeep and found raccoon foot prints on the center arm rest. That rascal got into the goldfish crackers that we’re a road trip snack on the back seat. He had a good time feasting, there were Goldfish pieces and footprints everywhere. Just had to laugh about it, was kinda cool and funny.
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I don't believe there are plugs under the carpet. Just passive drains (i.e., holes).
I don’t know the actual answer, but my interpretation of “passive” = you have to pull the plug to drain it, and “active” = some kind of one way flapper valve.
They don't need rubberized floors. But having them would be so much easier than having to pull the carpet. That is the appeal of this feature to me and many others. It's all about making life a little easier.
Well unfortunately we all have to make compromises-this is where you have to choose either building from a Black Diamond or Badlands, or running without carpet / just rubber floor mats or pulling the carpet when you’re going to get wet and muddy or consider bed lining down the road.

It’s not like 7MT or 2.7TT, but it is a compromise just the same.

My advice and point of view after driving a non-rubberized painted floor Rubicon for 12 years is: if there are other more important things in non-rubber lined models for the money, you aren’t losing much.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think the idea was that if you get into your car with mud on you or your shoes you can wash out the floor and wipe off the seats, not to take the hose to the whole interior. I gave up on the wash out interior long ago when i realized I could probably get some good rubber mats and accomplish the same thing.
Agreed. Even with the wash out interior, I doubt I would take a hose to the inside of my $40K bronco. Get some good seat covers and Weathertech floor liners, that will be good enough.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some people will have soft tops and will usually have the top down or completely removed. I went to a jamboree in Aspen with my soft top removed and safari straps on the back area.

Only bad part was one morning I went to the Jeep and found raccoon foot prints on the center arm rest. That rascal got into the goldfish crackers that we’re a road trip snack on the back seat. He had a good time feasting, there were Goldfish pieces and footprints everywhere. Just had to laugh about it, was kinda cool and funny.
Lol I get that but I don’t get people expecting a car they can keep the tops off and expect nothing to get inside? If you’re worried about that, put the top on. Some people sound like they’re expecting a vehicle they can just spray with the hose inside and out.

Sponsored

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did they actually mention "washout interior" somewhere?

The term I see in the literature is specifically calling out "floor" only

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Did they actually mention "washout interior" somewhere?

The term I see in the literature is specifically calling out "floor" only
Ford Bronco Washout interior is a fail!!! C513F8F1-4C63-4383-814A-4205B1F49D14

Easy-Clean / washable floors

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t know the actual answer, but my interpretation of “passive” = you have to pull the plug to drain it, and “active” = some kind of one way flapper valve.
Passive means you don't do anything.

Active means you have to pull the plugs.

Passive drains are simply holes.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Passive means you don't do anything.

Active means you have to pull the plugs.

Passive drains are simply holes.
Maybe I am mis-remembering which model has what or what they are called, but I think Black Diamond and Badlands have the flapper valve kind and the non-rubberized models have the trusty old pull out the plug kind.

My cousin just runs carpets and plugs out

Sponsored

aternie

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Come on! So if the back of the second row seats were vinyl, you would spray it all down with water?

The "washout interior" is for the floor where peoples feet go, that's where 90% of the mud/dirt comes from.

Nobody sits behind the second row, hence, no need for anything special back there.
Dogs with dog fur that gets stuck to the carpet maybe. That's why I was looking for a washout interior and for the days that we may get in a pop-up rain storm with the top off. Seems reasonable to me. Certainly no reason for some of the people (not @ you) to act the way they have towards the OP.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe I am mis-remembering which model has what or what they are called, but I think Black Diamond and Badlands have the flapper valve kind and the non-rubberized models have the trusty old pull out the plug kind.

My cousin just runs carpets and plugs out
I saw the Badlands IRL and was playing with the plugs, before I was scolded by the Ford staff, LOL.

Badlands and Black Diamond have active plugs. The rest have passive holes.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Agreed. Even with the wash out interior, I doubt I would take a hose to the inside of my $40K bronco. Get some good seat covers and Weathertech floor liners, that will be good enough.
My Wife forgot to put the rear passenger window up and there was a slight drizzle for about 15-20 mins and I saw that and went to the car and found some water was on the corner of the seat and some on the Door hand rest and some drops on the foot step, just took a Paper Towel and dried all the wet parts and thought at least I cleaned that part of the car due to this, If I take my Car to the Detail, I would be shelling out about a $100 bucks to Vacuum and Soap Clean the Carpet and Cloth Seats.

I bet I would do the same on the Base Bronco if it gets wet with rain or my Kids drop their fruit punch or get in the car with their shoes when it snows and take the car once a Year to the nearest Detailing, I guess I could put it as Spring Cleaning ?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I saw the Badlands IRL and was playing with the plugs, before I was scolded by the Ford staff, LOL.

Badlands and Black Diamond have active plugs. The rest have passive holes.
Ok - I am betting the passive come with removable plugs in those holes just like the Wrangler and Gladiator.
Sponsored