First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you don’t plan on removing the hard top panels, you don’t need the brackets. But if at any time in the future you want to remove the panels, the latches won’t clear the lights.
Note - the brackets move the lights to a better position imo. A little further forward so it illuminates in front of you instead of behind your head. I prefer the position w the brackets.
Thanks for the detailed explanation. Just eye balling it without lights in hand, to me it looked like they would not interfere with each other while in the recessed position, but that makes more sense that the issue is actually the lack of clearance while pivoting the latches to remove. Thank you for confirming.
Sponsored

thewedge

Wildtrak
First Name
Joby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco WIldtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can't get the fookin things to work. Haven't tried the "Ground Washer" thing yet, but getting somerthing on that Gray/purple wire is damn near impossible. My issue is probably there or the washer. About ready to punt and just see how complicated it is to run a wire through the firewall somewhere and use a switch.

TheGhost

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2009 Mazda RX-8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't get the fookin things to work. Haven't tried the "Ground Washer" thing yet, but getting somerthing on that Gray/purple wire is damn near impossible. My issue is probably there or the washer. About ready to punt and just see how complicated it is to run a wire through the firewall somewhere and use a switch.
That's just what I did...I lost my wire tap (fell into the abyss under the panel) while trying to get it to close on the gray/purple wire. In the end, I just ran a wire through the firewall to Aux 6.

@IAG Performance how do I go about getting a new wire tap in case I want to attempt to connect it to the gray/purple again?

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Has anyone trimmed the harness down, then just connected to an upfitter switch using the wire in the windshield frame? That wire seems too small for any sort of lightbar that I'd want to run, so was considering doing that. Figured it would keep me from having to deal with the firewall and contorting myself to get under the dash.

thewedge

Wildtrak
First Name
Joby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Has anyone trimmed the harness down, then just connected to an upfitter switch using the wire in the windshield frame? That wire seems too small for any sort of lightbar that I'd want to run, so was considering doing that. Figured it would keep me from having to deal with the firewall and contorting myself to get under the dash.
Yea hell, that's the best idea I've heard yet....jacking around with the harness with one hand about 6 inches back in a tight space should be the last option. Since the feedback is they are super bright, I'm just going to send them to an Aux and turn on when daylight is required.

Sponsored

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yea hell, that's the best idea I've heard yet....jacking around with the harness with one hand about 6 inches back in a tight space should be the last option. Since the feedback is they are super bright, I'm just going to send them to an Aux and turn on when daylight is required.
That's where my head was at with it. I don't have kids, so no need for super bright lights every time a door is opened. To be clear though, I have not even gotten the harness out of the box yet. Hoping to get some time to work on her this weekend. This is definitely on the list!

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I thought it was much harder crimping the aux pass through wires under the glove box than it was tapping the gray/purple wire. Those wires under the glove box are no easier to access.

DallasCajun

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm tackling this project Friday along with installing Lux Rock Lights while I'm at it. But I'm also planning to not connect to the wire harness and only using the Aux Switch for activation. While the factory interior lighting isn't exactly blinding it's not something that needs to be 100% lit up every time I open a door.

What I do need to go back and find is the guidance regarding the ground wire...don't need that being a nag that drives unneeded frustration and trouble-shooting.

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's just what I did...I lost my wire tap (fell into the abyss under the panel) while trying to get it to close on the gray/purple wire. In the end, I just ran a wire through the firewall to Aux 6.

@IAG Performance how do I go about getting a new wire tap in case I want to attempt to connect it to the gray/purple again?
You can always call us, but realistically the quickest way is to run up to your local auto parts store and grab an 18ga t-tap for under a dollar.

OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I thought it was much harder crimping the aux pass through wires under the glove box than it was tapping the gray/purple wire. Those wires under the glove box are no easier to access.
We have seen only 3 instances where the ground wire was not making a solid connection. One customer said he just put the ground wire between the bracket and the rollbar and that solved it. The other one had loosened the bolt to re-run the harness and forgot to tighten the bolt back up. The third left the ground wire on the front side of the bracket and added a washer under the head of the bolt.

Sponsored
OP
OP
IAG Performance

IAG Performance

Wildtrak
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iagperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Personally, even if you never plan on connecting a lightbar up there, I would still run through the grommet on the driver's side to under the hood. That is going to require much less work and frustration, particularly because the one above the passenger visor is unpowered.

thewedge

Wildtrak
First Name
Joby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ran a wire through firewall to Yellow/orange (aux6). Still didn’t work so took it apart and tried the washer trick…worked once I got the washer right. (Screw, then washer, ground cable). No idea why this even works for some people…those are galvanized bolts being used there…guessing that has to do with the issue. Dunno. Flipped switch on tonight and angels appeared…good to go.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Personally, even if you never plan on connecting a lightbar up there, I would still run through the grommet on the driver's side to under the hood. That is going to require much less work and frustration, particularly because the one above the passenger visor is unpowered.
Isn’t that just a matter of connecting Aux 3, 4, 5 or 6 to B1 or B2 then to D? I haven’t actually looked closely into that D wire - because I never had plans to install a light bar - but, this seems like a perfect way to use that factory wiring.

Why are people mentioning reversing the harness?

Just got my kit yesterday. Plan on installing these + GMRS antenna at the same time since I need to run the antenna cable down the A pillar. Debating what my best course of action is.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Isn’t that just a matter of connecting Aux 3, 4, 5 or 6 to B1 or B2 then to D? I haven’t actually looked closely into that D wire - because I never had plans to install a light bar - but, this seems like a perfect way to use that factory wiring.

Why are people mentioning reversing the harness?

Just got my kit yesterday. Plan on installing these + GMRS antenna at the same time since I need to run the antenna cable down the A pillar. Debating what my best course of action is.
While using that wire and making more connections under the glovebox would work, there is absolutely no reason to. It is way more work to access those wires and make those connections, than to run a couple feet of wire to the engine bay. Why make it more difficult for absolutely no gain?