Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just poked the wire in the hole and grabbed it on the other end with needle nose pliers. Quick and easy. I don’t have the Lux package so there was probably more space to work with on mine.
I'm just a base, but it's still proving to be anything but "quick and easy." Factory harness still obscures a lot of that opening. Gonna try a pick set this evening and see if that helps any.
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm just a base, but it's still proving to be anything but "quick and easy." Factory harness still obscures a lot of that opening. Gonna try a pick set this evening and see if that helps any.

Move the wire loom to the side. Bend the end of the wire at a 90 degree angle. Stick it in the hole and grab it with a small set of needle nose pliers at the bottom and pull. Takes longer to type than do.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Move the wire loom to the side. Bend the end of the wire at a 90 degree angle. Stick it in the hole and grab it with a small set of needle nose pliers at the bottom and pull. Takes longer to type than do.
Glad it worked for you.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Oh, didn't realize there were two threads about this.

A few suggestions...if you have a lux, you don't have to undo the wiring and remove the mirror glass, you can just pop it loose and let it hang while you get those top two screws.

Try using a long traveler's hook or o-ring removal pick to fish the wire through the pivot. Drop it down until you can see it, then guide it through with the hook. You can either keep guiding it with the hook or use some long needle nose pliers to grab the connector the rest of the way. My problem was that I was pushing the wire too far and went past the opening in the side, thinking I hadn't gone down far enough. Get yourself a good flashlight so you can see what you're doing.

If you're sending the wires through the weather stripping, take one of the twist ties that were on the wires in the kit and use it to lock the two connectors together. Go between the two wires on the back of each connector so the twist tie won't slip off. Bend the twist tie ends smooth or tape over it to prevent any snags inside. If I recall, the connector was only a few inches inside the weather stripping with the way I routed the wiring. Would really suck in the future if you snagged the wires working on something else and the connection came loose.

If you end up with a gap between the frame and shell, try smacking it. I couldn't get rid of the gap on the bottom until I gave a couple of good whacks. I used my hand, but maybe a soft hammer would be better. Might be breaking some little tab on the shell that isn't fitting right, but the bottom half feels more solid than it did with a gap.

Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed yesterday.

If you have the mirror with 2 wires, undo the defroster and let it hang by the remaining.

If you have the side lights already, the piece they put on yours you need to take out is taped and mounted in place. Undoing the clips and twisting the cap helped separated it for me. Camera stay on the mirror. Holes in the cap. Puddle light just in clips and goes in the new cap.

Where it says loosen screws in both steps, take them out.

I used bright wire to fish down the hole, forceps to grab the end. Tape wire on, pull through. Turn has a drop down. So it’s hard to fish back up around that. Could probably be done with thick solder, but I didn’t have it with me.

The clear lights offended my ocd. Take all the face screws off, t10. Take cover off, apply color of choice, put cover back on. Put all screws back in randomly, real loose. Then HAND tighten. Thin plastic. Go around twice.

I had problem getting the mirror caps flush the first time round. Ended up using a panel removal tool and worked it around until everything popped into place.

OP
OP
ORACLE Lighting

ORACLE Lighting

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
ORACLE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I had problem getting the mirror caps flush the first time round. Ended up using a panel removal tool and worked it around until everything popped into place.
The little clips are Fords design and yes they can be a bit tedious but, like you said, take your time work around it it should all go together.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The little clips are Fords design and yes they can be a bit tedious but, like you said, take your time work around it it should all go together.
Wasn’t a complaint by any means. Just so others know not to flip out and start beating things. I know my drivers mirror was tweaked from the factory. Cap never fit right from the get go. Figure some others will have a tweaked mirror housing too.

Dino171

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 BMWs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If anyone here is installing these on their Outer Banks and wants to sell their OEM mirror caps - I would be very interested. Gloss Black or Eruption Green.

Thank you!

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

@ORACLE Lighting, any remedy for those of us with the drivers side caps that don’t fit correctly with the lux package?

Sponsored

JP_Oracle

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
@ORACLE Lighting, any remedy for those of us with the drivers side caps that don’t fit correctly with the lux package?
Can you PM me some detailed pictures so I can try to understand where the obstruction may be?

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here are mine installed! I have the LUX package and had no difficulty with the install, took me about an hour and 15 minutes, but I took my time and heat shrinked all my connection points. I thought the scariest part for me was removing the mirror glass. I was sure that it was going to break on me.

Ford Bronco First Look! ORACLE Bronco Side Mirrors w/ Integrated LED Ditch Lights 20230217_075752

Ford Bronco First Look! ORACLE Bronco Side Mirrors w/ Integrated LED Ditch Lights 20230217_075807

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got mine today. I have the Lux package as well, so I'm a little anxious after reading these comments. fingers crossed!

Dabo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Installed my set today. Drivers side was a PIA. If you have LUX, be sure to inspect the camera port prior to attempted installation, and remove any lips or burrs with a file. And watch out for the clip for the puddle lights, as the tolerance is pretty snug and you may damage the connector. Passenger side was a breeze, but had a harder time removing the glass.

Ford Bronco First Look! ORACLE Bronco Side Mirrors w/ Integrated LED Ditch Lights IMG_0842.JPG
Ford Bronco First Look! ORACLE Bronco Side Mirrors w/ Integrated LED Ditch Lights IMG_0833 - Copy.JPG

EaglesFan91

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Finally put mine on. Pretty simple install for the most part. Don’t do what I did and break your mirror when trying to pull it off lol
Ford Bronco First Look! ORACLE Bronco Side Mirrors w/ Integrated LED Ditch Lights EB0C7C9D-D997-4424-9A68-6C5B222BB2E0

Ford Bronco First Look! ORACLE Bronco Side Mirrors w/ Integrated LED Ditch Lights 6872B787-A56D-484C-8507-E645D9118F5C
Sponsored