Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Was that the right amount? I’m moving from the black steelies on my BD to 33” tires and want to make sure I trim the right amount.
I can't say for sure because I don't know what width of 33" tire you are going to use or the width or off-set of the new rim.
To be sure, put a straight edge across the back of the original tire/rim and measure from the straight edge to the wheel's bolting flange surface. Do the same to the new tire/rim and whatever the difference is between the 2 measurements is what you will need to remove or add (depending on width/off-set) from the rubber bumper.
Sponsored

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I can't say for sure because I don't know what width of 33" tire you are going to use or the width or off-set of the new rim.
To be sure, put a straight edge across the back of the original tire/rim and measure from the straight edge to the wheel's bolting flange surface. Do the same to the new tire/rim and whatever the difference is between the 2 measurements is what you will need to remove or add (depending on width/off-set) from the rubber bumper.
Thank you! Same offset as factory and tires is a little more than 3/4” wider than previous. Great advice on how to confirm, really appreciate it.

crimsonhokie

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Civic Si, '17 Ducati Supersport S
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I need a bumper about 1/2" taller. I was thinking about putting a spacer behind mine but they're only held on with those cheesy push clips and it's not long enough for both. Maybe base bumpers are longer?

20220224_151345.jpg

20220224_151350.jpg
How did you get the fasteners off? I've unscrewed and ensured the fastener's still saying in place, but the screw doesn't back out at all.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did you get the fasteners off? I've unscrewed and ensured the fastener's still saying in place, but the screw doesn't back out at all.
You have turn without putting any pressure and hope they don't strip. If that doesn't work a small pick can get them out.

crimsonhokie

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Civic Si, '17 Ducati Supersport S
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You have turn without putting any pressure and hope they don't strip. If that doesn't work a small pick can get them out.
I ended up cutting them off with a dremel :oops:. Now I've gotta get a couple replacements.

Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford makes two lengths...the shorter one comes on SAS. I had to buy the other when I went with a different tailgate support plate.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford makes two lengths...the shorter one comes on SAS. I had to buy the other when I went with a different tailgate support plate.
@flip You wouldn’t happen to have the two part numbers for the long and short bump stops for the spare tires?

Does anyone have the length of the longer ones?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

M2DZ-1A401-A 50mm (1.97in)
M2DZ-1A401-B 33mm (1.28in)
M2DZ-1A401-C 42mm (1.64in)

Of course I need the A which is out of stock. It will still let me order and gives a shipping date estimate. I assume that means that Ruxer will pull from Ford warehouse and ship?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

M2DZ-1A401-A 50mm (1.97in)
M2DZ-1A401-B 33mm (1.28in)
M2DZ-1A401-C 42mm (1.64in)

Of course I need the A which is out of stock. It will still let me order and gives a shipping date estimate. I assume that means that Ruxer will pull from Ford warehouse and ship?
Yes. You can get where ever, I was just too lazy to pull up each pic to get measurements. Don't want anyone to think I was promoting our store.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. You can get where ever, I was just too lazy to pull up each pic to get measurements. Don't want anyone to think I was promoting our store.
Yes, but you have the juicy delicious pricing. And by far the least expensive shipping.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, but you have the juicy delicious pricing. And by far the least expensive shipping.
Makes me feel like a filthy whore sometimes when I like to the store to show a pic or details of something. I had to manually add a lot of the bronco stuff to the store since the catalogue (Motors) that Revolution uses has horrible pics and is about 1 year behind. Just easier to post the link than try to find a note I may have buried on my desk.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Makes me feel like a filthy whore sometimes when I like to the store to show a pic or details of something. I had to manually add a lot of the bronco stuff to the store since the catalogue (Motors) that Revolution uses has horrible pics and is about 1 year behind. Just easier to post the link than try to find a note I may have buried on my desk.
You are doing the Lord's work for us poor Bronco owners. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.