Sponsored

Flat tow equipment needed to flat tow the 2021 Bronco?

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I normally wouldn't disagree with Grant, he being Bronco flat tow royalty and all (seriously, not being sarcastic) but I wouldn't think you'd need towed battery charge. I have a 2.3 with vacuum assist, but the end result should be the same. I use an RVI brake with a compressor that cycles every third brake use or so and have never had a battery issue with the Bronco or previous Jeep. If you're using a 6 or 7 wire plug I'd say go ahead and do it, but if 4 wire (like me) just for lights, don't bother.

Note: I said every third brake use, I mean every third time the RVI brake engages which is seldom in a normal stop. It only engages when I am vigorously braking.
I have the same setup and haven’t had my battery discharge nor do I charge it while towing. Longest tow is for three straight days.
Sponsored

lni

Badlands
First Name
Lni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2Dr Badsquatch, Porsche GT4, BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the same setup and haven’t had my battery discharge nor do I charge it while towing. Longest tow is for three straight days.
Funny, I have wireless lighting and roadmaster air brakes on my 2.7 and for whatever reason, I've been using my Jackery and a trickle charger while towing it.

Now that I think about it, I doubt the brake assist drains much, and neutral tow mode is not like accessory mode is on.

I have not been to the dealership, but I do get those warning messages when going into tow mode. I have a 5 hour tow on Saturday and will test. My coach is a heavy bastard and the Bronco behind it is easy braking, even if EBB goes to sleep.

If I crash and burn, I'll make sure that my last living thing is to report results here. 🤪

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Funny, I have wireless lighting and roadmaster air brakes on my 2.7 and for whatever reason, I've been using my Jackery and a trickle charger while towing it.

Now that I think about it, I doubt the brake assist drains much, and neutral tow mode is not like accessory mode is on.

I have not been to the dealership, but I do get those warning messages when going into tow mode. I have a 5 hour tow on Saturday and will test. My coach is a heavy bastard and the Bronco behind it is easy braking, even if EBB goes to sleep.

If I crash and burn, I'll make sure that my last living thing is to report results here. 🤪
I would say you are good to go, enjoy!!

kpecks

Wildtrak
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2023 Wildtrak 4dr Lux
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
soooooo has anyone successfully retained their OEM tow hooks and used a blueox or roadmaster adapter to flat tow???? Cant seem to find an answer and im tired of reading.

ksdon

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I do not know if this is the adapter you ask about or need.
We used the Smittybilt adapter to connect to our existing factory mod bumper and the Ready Brute tow bar. Some of these are listed for Blue Ox.

The pin hole diameter listed on their site for the Smittybilt was a little small. I called RSA RV and asked about them milling the Smittybilt clevis to fit the holes on our Mod Bumper. They did mill their product to fit and they supplied the correct size red handled pins at no extra cost.

https://nsarvproducts.com/collections/steel-clevis

Sponsored

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
soooooo has anyone successfully retained their OEM tow hooks and used a blueox or roadmaster adapter to flat tow???? Cant seem to find an answer and im tired of reading.
Yes, several of us. The blueox adapters have to be opened up a bit to fit. The roadmaster work out of the box and LOD also makes adapters that will work with a BlueOx and roadmaster tow bars and there are others. BlueOx are the most costly.

Ford Bronco Flat tow equipment needed to flat tow the 2021 Bronco? IMG_4827

EN2DIRT

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, several of us. The blueox adapters have to be opened up a bit to fit. The roadmaster work out of the box and LOD also makes adapters that will work with a BlueOx and roadmaster tow bars and there are others. BlueOx are the most costly.

Ford Bronco Flat tow equipment needed to flat tow the 2021 Bronco? IMG_4827
I purchased the Roadmaster adaptors and they will not go over the tow point, it's just barely too tight.

Vezfly

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I purchased the Roadmaster adaptors and they will not go over the tow point, it's just barely too tight.
Take a little metal off the d rings and respray with black paint. Had to do that with one of mine. D rings aren’t consistent width

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, post #63 shows the Roadmaster 035-1 adapter. Like Vezfly said the D rings aren’t consistent width. Do you have a Ford winch?

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What are you connecting your safety cables to on the Bronco?

Sponsored

EN2DIRT

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are you connecting your safety cables to on the Bronco?
Not sure yet. I haven't had much time to spend on it to make the Roadmaster 035-1 Adaptors work.

ksdon

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Last edited: