Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2.7L Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So 83.5K for a V6 3.0L? Seesh this makes me want to switch to a raptor even less. With my 48K V6 2.7L
Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I paid $55k ($2k below sticker) for a 2021 loaded sasquatch 4 door (leather, lux, sas, H/T etc). It was a couple hundred more than a similarly equipped 2021 WT at the time. The fact that its almost half the cost of a now fully loaded raptor (well 59%) of $93k (noted by another member) is preposterous.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Question......Heritage Edition price is going up another $1000 on 4/10. Ordering banks for the 2023 Heritage Edition are supposedly closed. So, everyone that already ordered their Heritage Edition will be price protected? So, who is Ford getting this extra $1000 from?
People that buy them off the dealers lots when people bale or if the dealer ordered them. We all know none of those will be delivered before 4/10.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

šŸ˜¬

Ford Bronco Price Increase on Bronco Raptor, Heritage Edition, Heritage Limited Effective April 10, 2023 3F61FE8F-D313-42BC-BC7F-127B7E49D286
I

When you find out you canā€™t afford the real HE your wife talks you into one of these.
Except if that was a HEL Sport, thatā€™s almost the same price as a std 2 dr HE.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't buy into that, the percent of increases make no sense other than greed-inflation is slowly going down.
With all due respect, you donā€™t understand inflationā€¦. If the government indicates the inflation rate is say 9%, that means prices have gone up on the average 9% over the last 12 months. Prices do not go back down from there. Inflation might go down but the effect is cumulative. If the current inflation rate is say 5% prices are still going up at a rate of 5% in 12 months.

If youā€™re waiting for prices to go down, youā€™re going to have a long wait.

I Whatā€™sAppā€™ed my friend in Argentina last week since their inflation rate is AGAIN over 100%.

Generally speaking, Americanā€™s have no clue about inflation since we have never really had to deal with itā€¦..(1970ā€™s being the exception).

Inflation scares the shit out of me since I am retired and on a fixed income that has devalued at a 9%+ Rate last year.

Rant over.

Last edited:

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This isn't an inflation increase, it's Ford raising prices to profit off demand.

If demand goes down, the prices will likely fall.
Ford is a public corporation. Why not buy their stock and participate in the profits?!!!!

Cyber2D

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

After tax it's 100K on a Ford, I'd just buy a G wagon instead and get that glorious twin turbo V8. And the G wagon looks better in a mall/school parking lot, which is 99% of the Braptor would end up being anyway.
LOL. $100k
Ford is a public corporation. Why not buy their stock and participate in the profits?!!!!
Anyone who willingly purchases stock in Ford is a moron. It was a good deal in 09, that's it.

Sponsored

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone who willingly purchases stock in Ford is a moron. It was a good deal in 09, that's it.
So theyā€™re really not making much profit Off of the demand?

coachoates

Raptor
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm sure I'll get beat up for saying this, but the Raptor isn't worth the price increase. Certainly glad I paid MSRP for my Braptor, but it isn't the god almighty beast they make it out to be. Sure, it's nice and has an awesome suspension, but it still has a lot of plastic on the interior making it cheap. The carbon fiber package is a joke at $1800 for the pieces you get.

With the price increases, I think you'd be better off with a different Bronco model and modding it to your own specs and engine tune. Just my opinion.
You just lose the warranty and still spend the same amount of cash. Same money & no warranty. A vehicle that isnā€™t equipped properly to last. So I donā€™t agree for those reasons. I originally wanted a 4 door bronco and was going to mod it with lifts, 37s, etcā€¦cost was going to be the same with no warranty and long term my bronco would not go the distance. Raptor is worth the moneyā€¦if that setup is what you ultimately want.

coachoates

Raptor
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I don't buy into that, the percent of increases make no sense other than greed-inflation is slowly going down.
Itā€™s a mix of wages, payroll, taxes, parts, and Ford is a business (not a charity).

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Plenty of new vehicles have dealer or manufacturer discounts but Iā€™m sure those depend on regions. Anyone ever wonder how the more popular Ford vehicles seem to be mostly the ones affected by this inflation? Lightning and Braptor up almost 20k due to inflation from a yr ago even though they share most of the body and parts with base bronco and base f-150 but those havenā€™t gone up 20k in less than a yr.
It's not "inflation" on those models, it's just econ 101 - supply vs. demand. They can charge as much as the market will bear. And in a capitalist economy, it is their duty to the shareholders to do so...

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You know that and I know that but Fordā€™s official reasoning is mostly due to inflation and increased cost of production but I doubt more than 5-10% in those costs raised is due to that reason alone. The extra 90%-95% is Added Manufacture Adjustment which is of Fordā€™s own doing.

Another vehicle that is popular and sells right away is the C8 corvette but even that vehicle hasnā€™t been that ridiculous with constant price increases due to ā€œinflationā€. I doubt GM would want to alienate its fan base cause GM prefers they keep coming back.

The extra 45 million Ford would bring in from say 3000 Braptors sold at new price point ainā€™t putting a dent into billions of profit losses sure to be reported yet again this quarter and the next and the next and the last one for the year either.

It's not "inflation" on those models, it's just econ 101 - supply vs. demand. They can charge as much as the market will bear. And in a capitalist economy, it is their duty to the shareholders to do so...
Sponsored