First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 4dr Bronco Badlands/22 Expedition Stealth
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m actually a female, but whatevs. I think it’s important to live with it a little while and see what works. I have two vehicles and just doing trial and error on the sound, not driving till I’m done.
Haha my bad! Yeah I get what you mean!
Sponsored

Mason09

Badlands
First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll be completely honest; swapping out the speakers without adding an amp or integration solution is probably not worth the trouble. For anyone wanting some nice aftermarket parts I’d look into mti acoustics or sounds good stereo shop parts. They make some really sweet stuff. MTI makes some sweet rear speaker pods which house 6.5s as opposed to what comes stock.
Understandable! Thanks for the insight.

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just finished changing out the four 4'' speakers with Kickers. I did not use Base Blockers for the front two. It was worth the upgrade. Easy install. I also put sound deadening in the speaker compartments on all four as well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WheresMyCar

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just finished changing out the four 4'' speakers with Kickers. I did not use Base Blockers for the front two. It was worth the upgrade. Easy install. I also put sound deadening in the speaker compartments on all four as well.
Did you change out the amp or make any other mods?

Breptar

Raptor
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I highly doubt there is a huge difference with just swapping speakers unless the kickers are that much more efficient. they are still receiving the same amount of power from your stock amplifier/head unit. With the same amount of power, the only variable is the speaker’s efficiency. If they are coaxial speakers they should come with crossovers as the tweeter shouldn’t see a full range signal.

Sponsored

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I highly doubt there is a huge difference with just swapping speakers unless the kickers are that much more efficient. they are still receiving the same amount of power from your stock amplifier/head unit. With the same amount of power, the only variable is the speaker’s efficiency. If they are coaxial speakers they should come with crossovers as the tweeter shouldn’t see a full range signal.
The Kickers made difference. I’m not an audio expert, however, I do have ears. :)

OP
OP
WheresMyCar

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m going to solder two different Bass Blockers Tomorrow. 300hz and a 0-600hz. I’ll test the 3 new fronts with the blockers and without any. I’ll report back.
The fronts I have are Kicker CS, which I don’t think I like and Hertz DCX-1003. The center is a PRV woofer. I have the B&O, no mods on amp or sub.

OP
OP
WheresMyCar

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In the name of science, I tested two different bass blockers on multiple speakers.

The test was done with 4” Hertx DCX-1003, Kicker CS, and PRV woofer for Center. W/ 300 Hz and a 0-600 hz bass blocker.

I also test two different aftermarket 6.5 kick panel speakers. Currently have B&O, no mods on sub Or amp. Rears switched out to kicker CS 4”.

Here are my results. PRV Center woofer sounded better with the 300hz blocker.
The Kicker CS sounded significantly better with the 0-600 hz blocker.

Surprisingly, the Kicker CS with blocker, sounded better than the more expensive hetz speaker. The most significant upgrade was replacing the center with the PRV woofer.

After installing two different 6.5 kick panel speakers, I concluded that none of the after market sounded better than the OEM. Agree, don’t mess with the kick panel if you aren’t replacing the B&O amp.

Suggested settings, stereo and settings pictured.

Ford Bronco B&O front speakers worth changing? B1B4EE0C-B6CC-440B-9ED9-B0BC665EAAE3

Ford Bronco B&O front speakers worth changing? AC4F282D-01B9-44AC-9107-6B6E3DF620AB

F7F55517-6BEB-482C-851F-6364FB8B8D6F.jpeg

Last edited:

Frebaln

Badlands
First Name
Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 VW Variant (Squareback)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the B&O system, replaced the 3 dash 4” speakers and 2 rear pod 4” speakers. Noticed a difference with the dash, but rear pods nothing. Still sounds muffled
Only did speaker upgrade, learned that with B&O system and the built in DSP that u aren’t able to use FORScan for rear
Since I already modified the read Focal 4” speakers might as well leave them installed, I did swap back and forth with OEM didn’t notice a difference, still muffled
Any suggestions without upgrading amp

Sponsored
OP
OP
WheresMyCar

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the B&O system, replaced the 3 dash 4” speakers and 2 rear pod 4” speakers. Noticed a difference with the dash, but rear pods nothing. Still sounds muffled
Only did speaker upgrade, learned that with B&O system and the built in DSP that u aren’t able to use FORScan for rear
Since I already modified the read Focal 4” speakers might as well leave them installed, I did swap back and forth with OEM didn’t notice a difference, still muffled
Yeah, I’m guessing only 6.5 in rears would be the difference. That PRV woofer is pretty darn good in my center. It might be worth a try in the rear, but I think I’m good for now.
I’m just glad I didn’t trash my 6.5 OEM speaker like did with the rest.
Ford Bronco B&O front speakers worth changing? 3C607A5C-6749-48FA-A990-5A491C9F011D

Last edited:
OP
OP
WheresMyCar

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here are the bass blockers that sounded significantly better with the 4” kicker CS. PAC - BB4PR BB-4PR Pair of 4" Bass Blocker https://a.co/d/eq2yqyS

Ford Bronco B&O front speakers worth changing? 6D61236E-83E9-42A0-8AC0-EEF6661B14E5

Last edited:
OP
OP
WheresMyCar

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Slightly better sound with these bass blockers for center PRV woofer. Skar Audio SK300HZBB-PR Elite Frequency Filters - Eliminates Frequencies 0-300 Hz at 4 Ohms - Pair https://a.co/d/e8IoN0B

304C82A6-05D4-4EBC-810D-49D221B8EA57.jpeg

Mason09

Badlands
First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Which speakers did you use for the dash and rears?

OP
OP
WheresMyCar

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I recall testing between OEM and kickers in the rear and it was slightly better. They definitely sound weak, but with the 3 fronts upgraded, I think I’m satisfied with the overall sound now.

I’m still missing the left speaker install actually, due to being short on wiring harnesses. Just the center, right and rears it sounds good. Someone gave me advice on trying different setting and that was vast improvement as well.

It might be worth upgrading to a bigger pod later.
Sponsored

Last edited: