Sponsored

Spy Video, Underbody / Suspension and Interior Closeups of 2021 Bronco Prototype!

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As someone already mentioned, it's a different segment...
You mean the segment that contains a Jeep that already has an open roof ...

Ford Bronco Spy Video, Underbody / Suspension and Interior Closeups of 2021 Bronco Prototype! 1457123582-Renegade-open-roof

If the removable top on an SUV was 'THE' motivating factor, then why doesn't the baby have one too???

If that was 'THE' fun / adventure factor in the equation that Ford thought everyone else missed and not the off road capability, why don't all Bronco badged vehicles get one?
Sponsored

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not a bad idea, or they build a no frills bare bones rock crawling trim
Yes and by no frills, bare bones you mean front and rear lockers, sway bar disconnects, pitch and roll software in a 8” touch screen, premium sound, beefy axles, rock rails and 33” inch tires...

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes and by no frills, bare bones you mean front and rear lockers, sway bar disconnects, pitch and roll software in a 8” touch screen, premium sound, beefy axles, rock rails and 33” inch tires...
As long as they offer MyColor with it as a shits and giggles option, hell yeah

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Really? Why is the GT PP2 1 second faster around VIR than an SS 1LE

Easy, they were never run together on the same day. Varying weather conditions can cost MULTIPLE seconds on a course as large as VIR grand. And even at that, grand is t a very technical course, so it favors the Mustang. Yet, every single same day track comparison out there has the SS 1LE faster, so it’s not a stretch to think that on the same day, it would be faster at VIR as well

You mean the segment that contains a Jeep that already has an open roof ...

Ford Bronco Spy Video, Underbody / Suspension and Interior Closeups of 2021 Bronco Prototype! 1457123582-Renegade-open-roof
Pretty sure this forum has already found that the BB is more of a Cherokee fighter than a renegade fighter. But be real, that’s not a “removable roof”, that’s a damn sunroof... and we have NO confirmation or denial yet whether BB will have something similar

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
Naw, I'd name it after the character it's based on
Yeah your probably right..
I’d never have a vanity plate anyway. Kinda like angry eyes. Totally goofy expenses in my opinion..
Saw a Dodge hellcat today that had a vanity plate that said “PONY LOL” I’m sure his car gets keyed at some point.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah your probably right..
I’d never have a vanity plate anyway. Kinda like angry eyes. Totally goofy expenses in my opinion..
Saw a Dodge hellcat today that had a vanity plate that said “PONY LOL” I’m sure his car gets keyed at some point.
Me either, rather just give it a name and call it that

There are other asinine ways to express yourself now

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Plus, Ford has nothing that can even compete with a Corvette.

Don't say GT, because those are rare as hen's teeth and cost more than two of most people's houses.
Guess you haven't seen the 500 vs vette comparisons including those who've lapped the c8?

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Our spy photographers just got a revealling close-up look ...

I think the folks entertaining the idea that a removable roof is 'THE' characteristic that will make the difference in sales or survival of the Bronco are exercising even more cognitive dissonance that the ones still expecting Ford to design another chassis with a SFA. All you have to do is look at Ford's advertising campaign to see what they think is important ...

Looking at all the media we're received from Ford this year, and everyone has agreed so far that the pictures we've seen since the Frankenranger video are completely staged by Ford, are almost entirely focused on portraying and displaying the Bronco's off road capability. In the video Humpty Dumpty wasn't showing off an open air experience of adventure, it was feebly attempting to show us the mule's off road chops. The first Ford photoshoot was displaying the minivan Bronco in a 'wild woodsy off road environment' giving us a look at basic proportions. The second photoshoot was loaded with pictures showing us the parts and angles etc that were important for gauging the Bronco's off road capability, and only one "oh and by the way, before we forget, the roof does come off" picture.

The language and imagery all the way back to when we first started hearing about the Bronco has been about off road capability, because that is what appeals to buyers, even if they have no intention of pushing the vehicle to those limits. Just like sports cars are sold en masse based on power and handling characteristics even though the vast majority of owners will never take it to a track and rarely go more than 10mph over the speed limit in a straight line on the highway -- so the people buying a Bronco based on its off road ability even though they won't use any more of it than is needed to drive over a curb at the mall will fit right in.

The Wrangler community is no different, there are many conversations that bring up the topic of "why do so many Wrangler buyers never take the top down/off" ... Do you really think vast numbers of people were really so swayed, not by off road capability, but by toplessness, that they spend a bunch of extra money and put up with extra bumps and noises just to have a top they could remove in minutes, in any location, at any time of their choosing, but never do?

Casuals and the general public don't need to spend time to understand why X is better than Y when making a purchasing decision, all they have to do is look at the tiny group of enthusiasts who will push the limits of the vehicle to do the boring "figuring stuff out" part for them. For every YouTuber or forum member there are a hundred or more casual passers by and observers who just glean the jist of the long boring conversations. If the second and third owners of Broncos who aren't paying for new car smell can't build one up on the cheap to do the extreme, the resale value won't exist, and the image of capability won't either.

Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think the folks entertaining the idea that a removable roof is 'THE' characteristic that will make the difference in sales or survival of the Bronco are exercising even more cognitive dissonance that the ones still expecting Ford to design another chassis with a SFA. All you have to do is look at Ford's advertising campaign to see what they think is important ...

Looking at all the media we're received from Ford this year, and everyone has agreed so far that the pictures we've seen since the Frankenranger video are completely staged by Ford, are almost entirely focused on portraying and displaying the Bronco's off road capability. In the video Humpty Dumpty wasn't showing off an open air experience of adventure, it was feebly attempting to show us the mule's off road chops. The first Ford photoshoot was displaying the minivan Bronco in a 'wild woodsy off road environment' giving us a look at basic proportions. The second photoshoot was loaded with pictures showing us the parts and angles etc that were important for gauging the Bronco's off road capability, and only one "oh and by the way, before we forget, the roof does come off" picture.

The language and imagery all the way back to when we first started hearing about the Bronco has been about off road capability, because that is what appeals to buyers, even if they have no intention of pushing the vehicle to those limits. Just like sports cars are sold en masse based on power and handling characteristics even though the vast majority of owners will never take it to a track and rarely go more than 10mph over the speed limit in a straight line on the highway -- so the people buying a Bronco based on its off road ability even though they won't use any more of it than is needed to drive over a curb at the mall will fit right in.

The Wrangler community is no different, there are many conversations that bring up the topic of "why do so many Wrangler buyers never take the top down/off" ... Do you really think vast numbers of people were really so swayed, not by off road capability, but by toplessness, that they spend a bunch of extra money and put up with extra bumps and noises just to have a top they could remove in minutes, in any location, at any time of their choosing, but never do?

Casuals and the general public don't need to spend time to understand why X is better than Y when making a purchasing decision, all they have to do is look at the tiny group of enthusiasts who will push the limits of the vehicle to do the boring "figuring stuff out" part for them. For every YouTuber or forum member there are a hundred or more casual passers by and observers who just glean the jist of the long boring conversations. If the second and third owners of Broncos who aren't paying for new car smell can't build one up on the cheap to do the extreme, the resale value won't exist, and the image of capability won't either.
So at what point will you stop telling us how much you hate it and how oh so terribly Ford has messed everything up?

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

This is all so wrong

Ford isn't showing off the teaser videos to appeal to the masses... hell, most of them probably have no idea a Bronco is even coming. Ford is doing that to get the enthusiasts amped up, because we're the only ones who care about spy shots and videos and such. The general public will start to care when they see a Bronco rolling down the street with its top and doors removed and thinks "man, that looks cool". Like I said, the offroad capability is important, but that alone won't carry the vehicle. A Wrangler with a fixed roof would sell FAR less than a Wrangler with a removable one, period.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So at what point will you stop telling us how much you hate it and how oh so terribly Ford has messed everything up?
Right? It's insane the way his demeanor has done a complete 180 to the point of delusion since the BroncoR came out and showed him that he'll only be able to drive over medium sized pebbles rather than large pebbles. He used to be a likable figure on this forum, but I know I'm not the only one getting tired of seeing the BS spewed all over the place

Let us enjoy things, go be a grumpy ass somewhere else... like maybe a JL forum, since that's really what you want

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The “enthusiasts” include over landing fans and not just “extreme” rock crawlers.
Serious question that I know no one will truly be able to answer. What % of rubicon owners actually live within a reasonable (1 hour or less) distance from a trail that requires a Rubicon?

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The “enthusiasts” include over landing fans and not just “extreme” rock crawlers.
I'm glad someone recognizes this. I'm probably not going to do any rock crawling in mine, as it's way out of my forte. I don't call myself an enthusiast on this board solely because I'm not big into the offroading scene and lack experience in the field. But I definitely plan on starting by doing overlanding with mine, as that's more my style than slowly creeping up some rocks
Sponsored

Last edited: