NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sooooo . . . does anyone have any real inside knowledge as to how negotiations are actually going? I saw a comment where there was inital "Progress" between Ford and UAW, but nothing since.
Right to work is better than unions...Ask your question to any of the local 6g union reps who respond negatively to this post.
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Dude - youve been waiting for over 3 years???? I thought all of the 2020 builds have been built - how is that even possible?? (Not saying your story, talking about Ford)
There's still some of us out there, I literally got mine yesterday, long story but yes, July '20 reservation.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree with what you say; however, they want to work 42 and be paid for 40.

As I said, the market should determine their worth. Who would want to work more for less? Some people act as if there is some badge of honor with spending all your time at work.
They are basically asking for a big ass raise and to only work 32hr weeks. The big 3 will have to determine if the labor is worth that or not. I don't think their value will be near what they are asking, but that's how negotiations work.

Last edited:

INFINITE23

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 C63 AMG, 2015 GL 450 4M, 2023 OBX on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm sorry you MISSED the whole point. "Handouts" not sure where you got that from but I sometimes work 20 hour weeks, sometimes 80 hour weeks and enjoy the shit out of my job. I get to travel, drive big, shiny red trucks occasionally and rack-up flight and hotel perks by the gross monthly. It must suck being forced to be a member of a productive society against your will.
I'm sorry you MISSED the whole point. "Handouts" not sure where you got that from but I sometimes work 20 hour weeks, sometimes 80 hour weeks and enjoy the shit out of my job. I get to travel, drive big, shiny red trucks occasionally and rack-up flight and hotel perks by the gross monthly. It must suck being forced to be a member of a productive society against your will.
If you go back and read what I responded to, EV incentives aka handouts you just might grasp the conservation. I love the work that I do, doesn’t mean I love my work more than my family. It must suck being married to a job.

Sponsored

INFINITE23

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 C63 AMG, 2015 GL 450 4M, 2023 OBX on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
..We all know what would have happened if the UAW would have come in with a demand of 5 or 6 % (a year) over 4 years...The companies would have cried and offered a whopping 3%...and the union workers get screwed again...maybe the 32 hours was telling the companies all the O/T is to much..Corporate America was sitting on 4 trillion dollar in cash(mostly offshore) in 2018..today they are sitting on 5.9 trillion in cash..just think how good the economy would be.. instead of striking and begging for the raise if..C/A would give back a few pennies on the dollar to the US workforce..
You absolutely nailed it. The number of people here that don’t know how to negotiate deals explains why Bronco ADMs were so high.
You can always negotiate down but back up? Far more difficult.

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

If you go back and read what I responded to, EV incentives aka handouts you just might grasp the conservation. I love the work that I do, doesn’t mean I love my work more than my family. It must suck being married to a job.
LOL, your right I did not grasp but for reasons other than you think, It appears that I did not grasp how you completely missed both of my points.

As far as married to my job, I have been based out of my home for the last 18 years and my wife is retired so in an odd way, you are correct.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One topic I don't think has been answered but would certainly help everyone better understand the strike (from both sides) is the 32 hour part. If anyone that is part of the UAW (or Ford for that matter) that is on here that can clarify these points, I think would help all that are engaging in discussion.

• Is the UAW asking for 32 hours of work but be paid 40 hours of work? (or is it work 32 hours and the pay raise they are asking for equates to the current 40 hours of work)
  • If a worker works over the 32 hours, would the overtime start at the 32 hours or the normal 40 hours?
  • If a 32 hours of work is approved, does that mean more down time at the factory or would an additional shift be added?
    • If an additional shift is added would it go to existing UAW workers or would more workers be hired?

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A lot of crabs in a bucket here, sufferage or the perception of having that is not something we should champion. I get it we all walked through the snow to school and stayed out til the street lights with no supervision etc. life was different period, but now we no longer live in that world. Corporate responsibility is only to the share holders and we are losing what made this country great which is a middle class. 80k a year is not middle class hell I would argue 150k isn’t middle class, we need to fight for workers rights and pay or we are doomed to fall into the societies we have rallied against. We should embolden those who wish to spend more time with their families, bc in the end our most precious resource is time. I don’t think anyone is talking down to the coal miner that broke his back for his family or the farm worker who did the same, but we are hoping that by doing this so that their hard work and hope for a better world will not be dashed by corporate greed. If you want to work 110 hours a week (somehow) then you should be able to do it but you should get a boatload of over time.

Also if fair wages mean jobs shipped to other countries then that is an issue we should stop, we can choose goods made here period. We can pass legislation and make American goods the staple of this country instead of shipping jobs abroad. If jobs are shipped overseas that’s our fault for letting it happen.
We can't pass any legislation because the politicians are on the take for whomever gives them the biggest bag of money.

Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My fuel pump died 50 days ago and my Bronco has been sitting at the dealership waiting for "backordered" fuel pump. Suddenly, Friday fuel pumps are in stock. Coincidence?

How Ford points should I ask for because of this BS?
They won't give you points because your fuel pump took a crap. You can ask but don't hold your breath.

• Sad
Reactions: jon

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just in case you don't know, here are just a few of the demands (there are more):
  • 46% salary increase
  • Return of the traditional pension system
  • 32 hour work week
These demands are beyond crazy. Anybody who thinks this is about an honest days pay for an honest days work is delusional. Bottom line how is Ford and GM going to compete with Toyota, Honda, KIA, Hyundai? It was reported during the bailout of GM that $2000 for every vehicle sold went to pay for pensions. How short our memory is! Not only that, the aforementioned "foreign" brands are considered a superior quality product, especially Toyota.

Ever wonder why you never hear the Union or news report what the salary range is? They don't want you to know, this is obvious! What makes UAW workers so valuable, is there work so much better than Toyota workers? Is there work so much better than Mexican workers? One thing is for sure, the domestic parts content which is already very low will continue to decline. The Union has nobody to blame but themselves when production is moved to Mexico and China.

Honestly, my decision to purchase a Bronco was largely to support the "home team". I don't care anymore! That new 4-Runner is looking better all the time.
The UAW has abandoned the 46% pay increase. Do you really think the Big 3 will close every Union plant in the US and Canada and open up plants in China and Mexico?

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The UAW has abandoned the 46% pay increase. Do you really think the Big 3 will close every Union plant in the US and Canada and open up plants in China and Mexico?

They did? Just saw the UAW president confirm that as one of the demands today.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
They did? Just saw the UAW president confirm that as one of the demands today.
Out of date source. I'm not sure they made their latest figure public and precise, but it is mid 30's, with some of that immediate and COL increases over 4 years.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The big 3 have offered 20% roughly and the UAW president has said not even close and threatened to ramp it up. That’s where it’s at- according to the news anyway. Whether the 32 hour work week is being discussed I haven’t heard.
Sponsored