First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 1978 K5, 2007.5 Ram 2500, 2022 F150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
What kind of CEO would ford or GM get for say $2 million a year total comp.……… compare their comp to other CEOs as major good corps in the USA.

Also… say take $20 million from a ceo pay… divide that up by say 186,000 ford employees… that’s only $107 more a year per employee….

Not going down the rabbit of USA ceo pay.
Everyone's good with Beyonce and Derek Jeter making huge salaries (hundreds of millions) but CEO's? that where we draw the line...lol us Americans are ridiculous.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a little surprised at the disdain for a 32 hr work week. I think it's coming and is inevitable.

2035 (the deadline for every thing ; )
I don't have any issues with the 32 hour work week, you just get paid for 32 hours not 40. The OEM's would need to hire additional workers to keep up with production demands

Sponsored

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone's good with Beyonce and Derek Jeter making huge salaries (hundreds of millions) but CEO's? that where we draw the line...lol us Americans are ridiculous.
excellent point

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't have any issues with the 32 hour work week, you just get paid for 32 hours not 40. The OEM's would need to hire additional workers to keep up with production demands
And those additional workers would contribute to the strike/embezzlement fund.

DBX2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco; '23 F150 reg cab 5.0, custom interior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What kind of CEO would ford or GM get for say $2 million a year total comp.……… compare their comp to other CEOs as major good corps in the USA.

Also… say take $20 million from a ceo pay… divide that up by say 186,000 ford employees… that’s only $107 more a year per employee….

Not going down the rabbit of USA ceo pay.
CEOs, sports and entertainers, politicians - few of which provide a betterment to the citizens of America.

jnlambert

Outer Banks
First Name
Julee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine was built 9/7, shipped 9/9 and arrived at the dealer 9/15. I’m picking it up on Wednesday 9/20. It shipped via rail to St. Louis, Mo. I have no idea why in the world yours would be sitting?!
Me either! It's making me nuts considering I've already paid my first note.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Yep. Salaried folks will still be working 60 and getting paid for 32. Awesome

Sponsored

Blakshukvw

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 explorer, 99 explorer, 04 marauder, 23 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I for sure think 40% is a no go. It is hard to justify saying no when you're okay giving an already over paid position a 40% raise. I believe that's the message they're trying to send. It's a Good talking point.
46% was the starting point. We’re of course hoping to get something as close to that as possible, along with the return of cola.

Overpaid? You clearly haven’t been following uaw wages decline over the last decade or more. We at ford gave up cola and regular raises, as well as pensions and other benefits, back in 08 to help ford survive that crash and we never got any of it back. That’s right, no raise of top pay in over 15 years and no cola to combat inflation. So many people quick to say we’re overpaid but the same people have no actual knowledge of the facts about our pay or the work we do.

With the current actual inflation rate somewhere in the middle teens, we’re making less than we did 15 years ago. Everyone is.

Have you had a raise in the last 15 years?

UAW wages used to be the gold standard pay of the middle/upper middle class. Now with wages having been stagnant for the better part of the last 2 decades we’re struggling to stay in the middle class. In a world where the banks and elites continue to buy up every asset and hoard a lot of the wealth, it should be in every lower and middle class Americans interest to support higher wages for the workers to help protect those classes. A raise for us will mean a raise for more workers not in unions.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some figures to further beat up on Ford CEOs (total compensation).

Mulally
2006- $28,183,476
2007- $21,670,674
2008- $13,565,378
2009- $17,916,654
2010- $26,520,515
2011- $29,497,572
2012- $20,955,806
2013- $23,204,534
2014- $22,042,128

Fields
2015- $17,718,789
2016- $19,257,495
2017- $17,504,625

Hacket
2018- $17,752,835
2019- $17,355,506

Farley
2020- $11,802,054
2021- $22,813,174
2022- $20,966,146

My opinion, after looking at several years of compensations of the most current CEOs, is that this is what Bill Ford and board are willing to pay someone to do the job. Based on product quality problems leading to tons of recall expense and stagnant stock price, I believe Ford is overpaying their top person based on performance.

That said, if the position pays that much, who the hell wouldn't take it knowing that all you need to do is no worse than the previous occupant? There are too many factors to say what that job should pay but if I were structuring that pay plan, the base would probably be $5M-$8M and incentives tied directly to stock performance, market penetration, expense reduction and customer loyalty and top out at no more than $20M if all goals were hit.

Mulally was probably the only one you could make an argument that he deserved his compensation even factoring in 2008. They secured lending before things blew up, he brought about a ton of change and really un-f'd the mess Bill Ford left. The subsequent CEOs completely undid most of the good Alan did before leaving. Throwing money at the problem is not always the right or good option. Sometimes you just need to throw a fox in the henhouse.

Nellezhar

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
46% was the starting point. We’re of course hoping to get something as close to that as possible, along with the return of cola.

Overpaid? You clearly haven’t been following uaw wages decline over the last decade or more. We at ford gave up cola and regular raises, as well as pensions and other benefits, back in 08 to help ford survive that crash and we never got any of it back. That’s right, no raise of top pay in over 15 years and no cola to combat inflation. So many people quick to say we’re overpaid but the same people have no actual knowledge of the facts about our pay or the work we do.

With the current actual inflation rate somewhere in the middle teens, we’re making less than we did 15 years ago. Everyone is.

Have you had a raise in the last 15 years?

UAW wages used to be the gold standard pay of the middle/upper middle class. Now with wages having been stagnant for the better part of the last 2 decades we’re struggling to stay in the middle class. In a world where the banks and elites continue to buy up every asset and hoard a lot of the wealth, it should be in every lower and middle class Americans interest to support higher wages for the workers to help protect those classes. A raise for us will mean a raise for more workers not in unions.

You're the second person to read that response, without understanding what I said.

I said the reason the UAW started that high was because that was the CEO raise, and I said it was smart to do so. I never said the UAW members are overpaid. I said I don't think they'll get 40%. I think they'll compromise a little lower.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep. Salaried folks will still be working 60 and getting paid for 32. Awesome
Why?
The standard work week of 40 hours will not change because of this strike

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And those additional workers would contribute to the strike/embezzlement fund.
lol - true that would be a path to a larger UAW membership
Sponsored