Rhonda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

IMO people worry too much about things like this. Anyone can pop a Jeep hood and steal a battery but that rarely happens.
Not worrying, just wondering. A thief is a thief. I'm not going to lock my doors with the top off, but I would want them to work for it! ?
Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that's what she said. (sorry doug i couldn't resist)

1TNgirl

Wildtrak
First Name
Rhonda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Where do people like you, who worry about stuff like this, live?

I really don't get it.

Like at all.

And I worry about literally everthing.
Again... not worried. And it's not about where I live. It's about anywhere you go. It is not deterring me in the least bit or I would just stay in my Tahoe. I've had convertibles my whole licensed life and they all come with some risk of some a-hole helping themselves to anything available. Key word there "available " . I don't like handing it over to some POS.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Again... not worried. And it's not about where I live. It's about anywhere you go. It is not deterring me in the least bit or I would just stay in my Tahoe. I've had convertibles my whole licensed life and they all come with some risk of some a-hole helping themselves to anything available. Key word there "available " . I don't like handing it over to some POS.
I get you.

Things like that never cross my mind. Other than doing my part, doors locked, or unlocked if convertible, nothing enticing visible, etc. I give it zero thought.

Chances are slim to none that I'll ever have to deal with it. And if I do, that's what insurance is for.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sounds like I’m going to have to start acquiring some tools...bc I’m about to finally get my wrench on! ?? I’m not really handy usually but I’m fixing to learn Bc I know somehow, someway I’ll dent a QP and I’ll be damned watch some YT videos learn to fix stuff myself!

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Where do people like you, who worry about stuff like this, live?

I really don't get it.

Like at all.

And I worry about literally everthing.
Yeah idk. If someone seriously went through the effort of unbolting a quarter panel off of my vehicle they probably needed it more than I did tbh. I’d be laughing my ass off.

D K

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
That should make replacement/aftermarket parts much cheaper.

N3T

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 e320 wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sounds good, but just promise me not these sort of fender/body panels. This model YJ was a bit of a jump the shark moment for Jeep, lol.

1601304404700.png
Whoah.

On the bright side, that big step at the front should make working on the engine a lot easier. ???

Sponsored

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From the pic it looks like 3 bolts along the door, and 4 more along the bottom. Extrapolate that out to 14, round up to 20 for giggles. Doesnt look that complicated.

Easily, and significant are very subjective.

Everybody has a different idea of how much time and effort this would be worth it.

I'd do it if I could get it done in roughly an hour, which seems reasonably doable after the first time.

Although first time someone drops that rear quarter on the garage floor trying to remove it to protect from trail damage they're gonna be pissed.

Time will tell.
That’s after you remove top, tail lights, the fuel door and fuel pocket, possibly the rear bumper, possibly the rear gate and hinges, whatever interior trim necessary to gain access, etc.

I’m not saying it’s an overly difficult job, what I’m saying is that it seems people are confusing an engineering decision with modularity. I do not think the intention for Ford was ever for people to quick swap body panels for a weekend excursion.

Quite a few members of this community have a history of creating something in their heads based on some information and being incredibly disappointed with Ford when whatever they concocted in their head doesn’t happen to be the case.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That’s after you remove top, tail lights, the fuel door and fuel pocket, possibly the rear bumper, possibly the rear gate and hinges, whatever interior trim necessary to gain access, etc.

I’m not saying it’s an overly difficult job, what I’m saying is that it seems people are confusing an engineering decision with modularity. I do not think the intention for Ford was ever for people to quick swap body panels for a weekend excursion.

Quite a few members of this community have a history of creating something in their heads based on some information and being incredibly disappointed with Ford when whatever they concocted in their head doesn’t happen to be the case.
Why would the top be on?

My GUESS would be fuel door and pocket + trim. And there's only one fuel door.

But I get your point. And I can appreciate you wanting to try to keep people's expectations in check.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base

Agreed. I don’t think it is going to be “easy” but it will definitely be easier than a Jeep.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Should also help chop shops steal your crap! :p

In all seriousness, wonder if this will make the Bronco a higher target for stealing...
And I was worried someone would steal my fender flares. Hell the whole fender might be gone! In all seriousness, I really like the idea. Cool thing about the EB is the ability to basically unbolt everything except the rear fenders. This is a game changer.
Sponsored