Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for sharing.

Ive been considered selling my 2023 MIC hardtop and ordering one of these since I got the dual top option and I want a painted hardtop. But damn that looks like it was painted with a roller by a 3rd grade art class!

I agree with others, Anderson has to know many are waiting for these and as the saying goes ā€œYou never get a second chance to make a first impression.ā€
Just an FYI, if you want to paint it, it will come primered without the glass installed and then your local body shop will do the painting. So no worries there.
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks sharp!
Of course it does. Now can you tell us why we're going into 4th model year of the 6G and you still can't order an OEM hardtop kit like was promised?

OP
OP

Busyhands

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A little update. When I arrived at Auto Addicts I noticed a small chip in the fiberglass on the side of the center section, likely caused during installation. At first they acknowledged their mistake and offered to have it fixed at their body shop, but then said they wouldn't. I was told I could either give the top back, or pay in full for the now-damaged top. I don't want to get into the rest of what happened, but after my experience I can't recommend doing business with Auto Addicts.
Ford Bronco Anderson Composites white top delivered & installed photos! tempImage8TYjZ4

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A little update. When I arrived at Auto Addicts I noticed a small chip in the fiberglass on the side of the center section, likely caused during installation. At first they acknowledged their mistake and offered to have it fixed at their body shop, but then said they wouldn't. I was told I could either give the top back, or pay in full for the now-damaged top. I don't want to get into the rest of what happened, but after my experience I can't recommend doing business with Auto Addicts.
Ford Bronco Anderson Composites white top delivered & installed photos! tempImage8TYjZ4
I canā€™t believe they said they wouldnā€™t fix it! Wow that is bad business!!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Busyhands

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok so itā€™s still better than MIC? I mean neither of mine have any of these problems
If I could go back in time and keep the hard top I originally ordered, I would. Having said that, you can't get a MIC in white, which I think looks better, and the hardware and headliner of the AC top is definitely superior to MIC. Also, the fact that the rear shell is one piece instead of 4 seems to be a better design. But yeah if I could go back and choose to wait a few months for the hard top I would do that and wrap it.

And, as someone noted, I got $1,000 in ford cash and can sell the soft top to mitigate the cost of the new roof.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok so itā€™s still better than MIC? I mean neither of mine have any of these problems
I would not say that is so much an issue with Anderson quality of the top, but is more of an issue with the 3rd party. I doubt that the Anderson top will have the "waves" I have seen from so many members here with the OEM top.

OP
OP

Busyhands

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would not say that is so much an issue with Anderson quality of the top, but is more of an issue with the 3rd party. I doubt that the Anderson top will have the "waves" I have seen from so many members here with the OEM top.
Yes, IMO Auto Addicts should have never accepted delivery from AC with that spray job around the windows.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
(y)šŸ‘†
That closeup photo in #78 (https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...delivered-installed-photos.85112/post-2102426) would be a deal-killer for me. The top looks too much like popcorn ceilings in old houses. I wonder if they do that because it's cheaper than making it smooth and there would be less complaints about build quality with the heavy texture covering up all the unevenness. It's not like auto parts haven't been made from fiberglass for the past 70 years.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How could anyone see "waves" through that heavy texture?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Busyhands

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
(y)šŸ‘†
That closeup photo in #78 (https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...delivered-installed-photos.85112/post-2102426) would be a deal-killer for me. The top looks too much like popcorn ceilings in old houses. I wonder if they do that because it's cheaper than making it smooth and there would be less complaints about build quality with the heavy texture covering up all the unevenness. It's not like auto parts haven't been made from fiberglass for the past 70 years.
Lol fair point. Personally I like the texture, but if you are texture averse definitely do not look at the black version of AC. They had one in the shop and it's twice as chunky. BTW I spoke to AC and the rep explained to me that the tops aren't actually finished with 'paint' per-se, it's actually similar to the stuff they spray truck beds with for Rhino liner and similar products. They had a custom compound made for the white top.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How could anyone see "waves" through that heavy texture?
The simple fact that is made in a one-piece and not a panel configuration, also has a heavier texture, whether you want to say it is a popcorn ceiling is an opinion and not a fact, the interior and headliner are better, even in pictures, these things all put it line than being a better top than the OEM version. If the OEM version was of such superior quality, then you would not have people on their 2nd and 3rd tops.

I would not judge one ill-fated painted top on the entirety of what the company quality of the top will be. While looking at Ford's quality, the facts speak for themselves in how MIC top has been done.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The simple fact that is made in a one-piece and not a panel configuration, also has a heavier texture, whether you want to say it is a popcorn ceiling is an opinion and not a fact, the interior and headliner are better, even in pictures, these things all put it line than being a better top than the OEM version. If the OEM version was of such superior quality, then you would not have people on their 2nd and 3rd tops.

I would not judge one ill-fated painted top on the entirety of what the company quality of the top will be. While looking at Ford's quality, the facts speak for themselves in how MIC top has been done.
This. Iā€™ll definitely make sure to do a thorough inspection when I receive my top since Iā€™m also using Auto Addicts. If they canā€™t install a top without chipping it then I will take delivery in my F-150 bed and install it myself in the garage

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What metric is ā€˜betterā€™ when you keep stating these facts

I mean I donā€™t look at the interior of my hardtop, I donā€™t sit or lay on it or run my hands on it. So Iā€™m not sure what ā€˜betterā€™ even means. And then a designer headliner? Is it quieter? More comfortable to sit on ? Run your hands on? What metric is it better. Athletics are a metric. Is that what you mean?

granted I have limited experience with interior modifications limited to first hand installation of:
Jute
Closed cell foam
Open cell foam
Canvas hesdliners
Spray sound deadening
Stick on sound deadening

including separation of panels and double layering firewalls with fire retardant and sound deadening

so I am asking what comparisons have been done, or is this just visual?

OP
OP

Busyhands

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This. Iā€™ll definitely make sure to do a thorough inspection when I receive my top since Iā€™m also using Auto Addicts. If they canā€™t install a top without chipping it then I will take delivery in my F-150 bed and install it myself in the garage
I think that would be wise, just inspect throughly before you accept delivery from them. Hopefully with your primer order you wonā€™t have my issues. FWIW they had a black one in which seemed to not have any issues with flaws.
Sponsored