Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma(no more) F-250, Hiker Trailer, Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco No Ragrets- which mod do you wish you hadn’t? IMG_0549
Simple. Which mod(s) ,accessory, option do you ‘regret’ and why- cost, look, performance etc…?
A ‘Like’ for a post means you agree- it shouldn’t have been done. Post your worst or your cautionary tales.
Ford Bronco No Ragrets- which mod do you wish you hadn’t? 1704478023496
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For me, it was upgrading the rear speakers. I had purchased (4) 4" speakers to upgrade the front and rear before the Bronco was delivered. The front are a noticeable upgrade and I recommend it. But the rear speakers, there has been no difference. It would have easier if I had taped a hundred dollars over the rear speaker pods. At least I could have seen the money as it made no difference in audio quality.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me, it was upgrading the rear speakers. I had purchased (4) 4" speakers to upgrade the front and rear before the Bronco was delivered. The front are a noticeable upgrade and I recommend it. But the rear speakers, there has been no difference. It would have easier if I had taped a hundred dollars over the rear speaker pods. At least I could have seen the money as it made no difference in audio quality.
I did my speaker upgrade. I used component speakers in the kick panels with crossovers and used Alpin s40 in the pods. What makes the difference in the pod, if using the stock B&O amp, is a higher sensitivity speaker.

Later I will probably do the sub, and purchase a M0bridge amp. But for now, it does the Job.

As for the question, probably my JTops, as I do not take my top down as much, and now I have purchased a hard top. Looking to see if I keep the JTop shade on.

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmm. I got out pretty cheap on my first mod-no mod reversal.
I made a shelf for the cargo area that rested on the two ledges of the side panels.
Invested in the plywood, bought a new router, bit, and the edging. Bought kayak deck matting to make it waterproof and neat looking. Affixed a couple of boards underneath for lateral strength.
Hated it.
It did not cover as much as I wanted, as I didn't do the entire rear opening perimeter (kept it rectangular). It was cumbersome and in the way of storing the cooler I had under it and still be useful.
All the effort and expense for nothing in the end but a lesson learned.
Coming in a close 2nd is the cheap Amazon pod lights that are knockoff LP6's.
When new they were awesome. Plenty bright beam to the ditches and saved my bacon more than once with suicidal deer.
Soon enough they began to get moisture inside the lenses.
That moisture quickly degraded the reflector pans.
Even taking them apart, cleaning and shining up what I could of the pans, and sealing them back up offered only a few weeks of semi-improved beam throwing.
Now they just puke random lumens downrange, all across the hood, and illuminate the ditches somewhat. Yeah they were $40 or so but I'd have been better off long term buying a reputable set.
My mindset at the time was "I could replace them 10X for the cost of actual LP6's".
True, but the time and aggravation is worth something as well.
Buy once, cry once is ringing somewhat true with a few Aftermarket Bronco parts. Sadly.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So far pretty happy with mods…did go overboard on stereo…too many dollars for too little improvement but it does sound better…

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My first and only regret is the tailgate reinforcement brace I attempted today. Did not fit right, spent 3 hrs trying to get it to work then another 2 hrs backing out of it and re-aligning the gate. I only run 33s so this was purely because I liked the look.

Dantastic

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
OBX Sas Bronco, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m too stubborn to ever admit to regretting a decision

Sponsored

SeptuagenarianSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mabbet mudflaps. I considered RokBlokz and Gatorback. Since a lot of my trail mods were big $$, I figured the Mabbets "will do." I got them on a false sale of about $140. Sure enough, snapped one on the medium-rated Ma Bell trail in Northampton, Mass. Looking online, I saw a set of identical no-names (iAG sells them, too) for about $60, and ordered them, since the best replacement I could find was front pair for $80. "Heck--I'll replace the broken one and have three spares!" I figuired.

So I'm replacing the broken one, and it hits me: "I'm going to keep replacing these stupid things and just get more mad at myself." So I ordered a set of RokBlokz, and am very pleased with them. I take them off for seriously rocky trails, and they bend enough for the occasional obstacle on a less challenging trail.

Epilogue: I gave the six flaps (set of four + two additional rears), plus two sets of hardware, to a street-Bronco owner in NYC. They now have a home where they truly belong.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I thought I always wanted a real loud horn to spook people, but it turns out I’m not really a ‘horn guy’. So I just use it to let the dog know I’m home. It wasn’t expensive and was a gift, so no real regrets. I’m sure one day, I’ll scare the beegeezus outta somebody and will be happy I had it then.

Dantastic

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
OBX Sas Bronco, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I thought I always wanted a real loud horn to spook people, but it turns out I’m not really a ‘horn guy’. So I just use it to let the dog know I’m home. It wasn’t expensive and was a gift, so no real regrets. I’m sure one day, I’ll scare the beegeezus outta somebody and will be happy I had it then.
Your double honk must be terrifying.

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Snap in grille inserts for the Big Bend grille. Grille is gray and the inserts were piano black like the OBX grille. the lip around the insert that holds it in place looked cheap when installed in the gray grille. They are still sitting in the box.

Even if they were gray I don't think I would like the look. $40 down the tube.

When my new Bronco BB gets here I am going to fab up some aluminum screen behind the grille and paint that matte black.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Illuminated cup holder inserts. Yes, they were cheap but seems like they need to be recharged via USB every 48 hours. You can see one is dead already about 36 hours and 4 hours of road use later.
Ford Bronco No Ragrets- which mod do you wish you hadn’t? IMG_9465
Sponsored