Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like I said before, if a 100% deposit on something not in production didn't shout "red flag" to you, well a fool and their money are soon parted. $6000+ is not an amount of money most people can put out and wait months or years for results for. Sadly ADV may have may have done unrepairable damage to their reputation if nothing else because of lack of communication.
This was the reason I slammed the brakes on this top. When I saw the first renderings and the hype posts/emails I got pretty excited for it. I saved the date on the big announcement. Then it came out and you had to pay 100% up front just to get on the list. On a product that was only a CAD rendering? No prototype to see or have some media review? Production nowhere close to ready?

Uh- no thanks. Giant red flags. I honestly don’t know if I should admire those who have stuck this ordeal out with infinite patience or ridicule them for bankrolling one of the worst product roll outs I’ve ever witnessed!
Sponsored

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Those holidays just snuck right up, you never would have been able to account for them coming up in december!!
This excuse certainly holds in line with all of the rest - only looking a few days ahead, and the rest will just sort itself out. "That's for future ADV to figure out!"
Do the Chinese even take Christmas vacation?

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I remember that guy lol.

Interesting the beta testers are chiming in now. All ADV had to do was communicate honestly and maybe have some or even just one tester provide feedback since they have had them since June like they have in the last day or so. Why didn't ADV post links to their accounts? Something to give us order holders a reason to hold out. Would have really liked a one piece but I like doing business with a reputable company even better especially at a proper price point.

Still excited to see the one piece on your rig!
I'm guessing they finally "encouraged" a beta-tester to speak here as a response to TOR being just about ready to ship orders. (And the fact that most people here don't believe anything ADV says directly at this point)

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I understand. I hope the tops work out for those who still have orders. The one-piece option was what drew me in in the first place.

I haven't been following this thread closely and just caught up on the manufacturing news. While I was originally willing to pay a premium for a US-made product, I'm disappointed they weren't upfront about outsourcing production.

Ultimately, I don't need a hardtop enough to justify the extra cost, especially when comparable options are available at a lower price point.
Me too, I justifed this very high price to the cost of proudction in the USA. I stayed with ADV through many months of delays, but felt let down finding out they were made offshore. I was already on TORs list (just in case), and scheduled for shipment Feb 6th. I don't know if TOR's top is made offshore or not, but at least its $2000 less and so far it has been a positive experience. Only time will tell, but I'm impressed by the TOR photos and their aluminum OEM mounting points compatible with OEM roof racks. I don't care about a rear wiper/defoster, so this was not an issue for me.

Sponsored

woodsman44

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like I said before, if a 100% deposit on something not in production didn't shout "red flag" to you, well a fool and their money are soon parted. $6000+ is not an amount of money most people can put out and wait months or years for results for. Sadly ADV may have may have done unrepairable damage to their reputation if nothing else because of lack of communication.
Me too, I justifed this very high price to the cost of proudction in the USA. I stayed with ADV through many months of delays, but felt let down finding out they were made offshore. I was already on TORs list (just in case), and scheduled for shipment Feb 6th. I don't know if TOR's top is made offshore or not, but at least its $2000 less and so far it has been a positive experience. Only time will tell, but I'm impressed by the TOR photos and their aluminum OEM mounting points compatible with OEM roof racks. I don't care about a rear wiper/defoster, so this was not an issue for me.
TOR is made in Mexico and they were transparent about it from the beginning

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is the Anderson liner, the one that looks like they cross stitched together the vinyl from an 80's Chevette seat then glued it to the ceiling?
80's Chevette? No -- what did you think they did with the stuff they removed from Jeffery Epstein's jet Lolita Express?

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
We've waited this long, anticipating a superior product from ADV. Feeling pretty confident it will ship as promised this time. When else along the journey have they provided batches and potential shipping windows! Though frustrating at times, switching now might lead to regret seeing those ADV tops soon!
Only time will tell if its a superior product or not. Nothing against ADV (aside form being stealthy about where they are made and the delays), but the TOR looks good in the photos. Only time will tell.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got the emails to "buy now" but when I went to that screen, it looks like the top is still out of stock. I'm sure someone on here was first on the list and it's the manual process they described of emailing shipping details/timeline.

It's verrry tempting, but if you're in batch 1/2 for ADV and they follow-up again in the next week/two weeks with good news, it's not worth switching because you'd probably get either top in the same timeframe.
If you are alreay on TORs list you should have received an email with a ship date and batch number. I got on the list in November when I first leaned about TOR and am secheduled for Feb 6th. If you are not on the list, send them a message and they will give you a ship date and batch number. You don't have to pay until 2 weeks before your scheduled ship date.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Come on get real. You can get a refund at any time they aren't scamming anybody!
Do customers get the interest back that they made off our money for the several months/year+? Also, as someone who did wait almost a year and requested a refund, I'm still out money due to the exchange rate changing between the purchase time and the time a refund was requested. I know that the exchange rate is not controlled by ADV, however I'm still out of pocket and shouldn't be as I would have preferred to get my hard top and not request a refund.

Your logic is like saying a thief didn't steal my pet goose - He gave it back when he was caught, so that's ok. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rd1103

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are alreay on TORs list you should have received an email with a ship date and batch number. I got on the list in November when I first leaned about TOR and am secheduled for Feb 6th. If you are not on the list, send them a message and they will give you a ship date and batch number. You don't have to pay until 2 weeks before your scheduled ship date.
Yeah, I'm on the list as well and ended up going with TOR. I have another post further down about the reasons why, but I'm sure you know them by now. Can't wait to get this TOR top in early Feb!

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do customers get the interest back that they made off our money for the several months/year+?

Your logic is like saying a thief didn't steal my pet goose - He gave it back when he was caught, so that's ok. :rolleyes:
Wow -- and where did they say they would pay interest, send me the link? I bet you are not an order holder, why are you even here? Troll?

In case you don't know how to use Google, here is the defintion of scamming:
someone who makes money using illegal methods, especially by tricking people: Phishing is used by scammers to get bank account numbers, credit card details, etc.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Wow -- and where did they say they would pay interest, send me the link? I bet you are not an order holder, why are you even here? Troll?

In case you don't know how to use Google, here is the defintion of scamming:
someone who makes money using illegal methods, especially by tricking people: Phishing is used by scammers to get bank account numbers, credit card details, etc.
Promising people a product that was supposed to be delivered over a year ago is both tricking and scamming.

@Administrator it's time to ban vendors that make two year promises and don't deliver!

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agree, but 2 years holding on to your money!!!
Did they have your money for 2 years? If so, why did you pay them 2 years ago when they were not in production yet, and why do you expect interest payments when there was no such agreement? And did they deny your request to cancel?
Sponsored