2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you turn it off permanently or do you need to do it with every start? Sounds AWFUL in a manual.
Yes, can be turned off permanently through Forscan. Disabled mine 3yrs ago.
Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they make the modular bumper an accessory instead of a factory option, that would be the ultimate solution, assuming they didn't ship it minus the bumper.
doesn't help out the Badlands and FE that get the modular bumper standard.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm aware of the the Aux switches and their wiring back to the fuse box. I would rather the fog lights not be controlled via Aux. Down at the left knee are the headlights controls and fog lights. If the trim doesn't include fog lights due to other option (steel bumper), then the fog light control at the knee just gets a dummy switch with no wiring guts behind it. That is no bueno.
I'm confused. Are there no fog lights at all on the Bronco? This seems really stupid, if so. I need fog lights every single morning in Florida.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm confused. Are there no fog lights at all on the Bronco? This seems really stupid, if so. I need fog lights every single morning in Florida.
It depends on the trim level. In my case, I'm looking at the Big Bend. It comes with plastic bumpers and includes fog lights standard. The steel bumpers are optional. But if you get the steel, than no fog lamps. You can still put fogs on a steel, but you don't have the same wiring harness and organic control. You have to wire using the Aux switch and live with a dummy switch where the fog lamps switch would be.

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'd prefer to see a solution that adds them into the bumper like on Raptor, but I can live with what they show with the cubes under the safari bar.
Raptor doesn't have factory fogs either.

Models with the plastic bumper can have them, depending on trim. Modular bumper doesn't get them at all, regardless of trim.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It depends on the trim level. In my case, I'm looking at the Big Bend. It comes with plastic bumpers and includes fog lights standard. The steel bumpers are optional. But if you get the steel, than no fog lamps. You can still put fogs on a steel, but you don't have the same wiring harness and organic control. You have to wire using the Aux switch and live with a dummy switch where the fog lamps switch would be.
What on earth? People are paying a huge amount of money for a vehicle with no real fog lights? This is disenchanting.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What on earth? People are paying a huge amount of money for a vehicle with no real fog lights? This is disenchanting.
See my earlier response in this thread. It is why I will stay with the plastic (at first) just to retain the native fog lamps/wiring/switch. When the plastic needs to be replaced, I'll just look to the aftermarket options or get the steel from Ford. At least, I would have the fogs already fleshed out. They only way that I will consider the steel which I do want is if it a great deal. Otherwise, Ford just saved me some money (initially).

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Can you turn it off permanently or do you need to do it with every start? Sounds AWFUL in a manual.
When you stop and have clutch engaged it'll stay running, if you it in neutral and disengage clutch it'll turn off, reengage clutch and it restarts.

30ips

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
When you stop and have clutch engaged it'll stay running, if you it in neutral and disengage clutch it'll turn off, reengage clutch and it restarts.
Well, that’s not as bad as it could be. But I’ll still disable it. I hate that feature.

Sponsored

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Reldn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4Runner SR5P, '17 Patriot, '04 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If there are any unanswered questions quote this post and I will try to ask them tomorrow. This is what I have so far...

-bolt pattern?
-offset for Sasquatch?

I will be asking as well about 33-35 inch tires on stock suspension for Big Bend and lower tiered models.
They probably won't be able to answer this, but, is there a functional difference that differentiates the Wildtrak from other trims? Or, is it merely the "package deal" trim level? (which, I highly suspect it is.) Thanks in advance!

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yes, can be turned off permanently through Forscan. Disabled mine 3yrs ago.
The mustang has a menu option. The F150 needs Forscan as the button on the dash resets everytime.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

See my earlier response in this thread. It is why I will stay with the plastic (at first) just to retain the native fog lamps/wiring/switch. When the plastic needs to be replaced, I'll just look to the aftermarket options or get the steel from Ford. At least, I would have the fogs already fleshed out. They only way that I will consider the steel which I do want is if it a great deal. Otherwise, Ford just saved me some money (initially).
I really wanted a steel bumper, but I NEED fog lights.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I really wanted a steel bumper, but I NEED fog lights.
Double-check your Wildtrak trim spec. I never looked at what is included on it as It was never in consideration.
Sponsored