Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not to derail the hate train, but the Bronco Sport has these. Decent chance big brother might as well.

ronco-sport-interior-fold-down-flat-rear-seats-jpg.jpg

Would be ironic if the Baby Bronc got some better items than the flagship.
This is part of the reason why so many of us are perplexed by the carpeted rear seat backs we've seen so far. They got it right on the Sport, which has a solid roof. Makes it all the more perplexing to not have the washout interior extend throughout the Bronco for which they're advertising a washout interior and open air experience.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I asked if you lose fog lights upgrading to HD is the wiring & switch left. It’s not and Rep said need to go to Aux switch.
It bothers me that they failed to design a steel bumper with foglights and internal winch mounting. I hope they eventually come up with something better.

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is part of the reason why so many of us are perplexed by the carpeted rear seat backs we've seen so far. They got it right on the Sport, which has a solid roof. Makes it all the more perplexing to not have the washout interior extend throughout the Bronco for which they're advertising a washout interior and open air experience.
Clearly more rugged. And it looks much nicer!

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I asked if you lose fog lights upgrading to HD is the wiring & switch left. It’s not and Rep said need to go to Aux switch.
That confirms that I'm going to stick with the plastic bumpers on the Big Bend. The wiring along with the inside control will exist where it is supposed to. When the plastic inevitably needs to be replaced, I'll either get the modular steel or aftermarket. But at least the wiring/control will be in place. Saves me the initial cost of steel.

Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
That confirms that I'm going to stick with the plastic bumpers on the Big Bend. The wiring along with the inside control will exist where it is supposed to. When the plastic inevitably needs to be replaced, I'll either get the modular steel or aftermarket. But at least the wiring/control will be in place. Saves me the initial cost of steel.
He did follow up the all Aux switches are wiring back to the fuse box

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

He did follow up the all Aux switches are wiring back to the fuse box
I'm aware of the the Aux switches and their wiring back to the fuse box. I would rather the fog lights not be controlled via Aux. Down at the left knee are the headlights controls and fog lights. If the trim doesn't include fog lights due to other option (steel bumper), then the fog light control at the knee just gets a dummy switch with no wiring guts behind it. That is no bueno.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's what I'm thinking too. Unless the steel bumpers are too good of a deal to pass up, I'll wait for a hybrid winch bumper from the aftermarket. Having the wiring and switch already there is a plus.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's what I'm thinking too. Unless the steel bumpers are too good of a deal to pass up, I'll wait for a hybrid winch bumper from the aftermarket. Having the wiring and switch already there is a plus.
With the confirmation of the fog lights wiring/switch delete, the factory steel has to be a good deal for me to consider. It isn't just about saving money initially, but the "sloppiness" of not having an organic solution. Fog on Aux is fine, but I'll need a great deal on the steel bumpers in order to overcome my OCD seeing a dummy switch at my knee.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I hope everyone realizes that those Sport seats are carpeted too, they just have an additional rubber mat over them.

Sponsored

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I thought the ford rep said the idea of the donut doors were nixed due to crash tests
??

Is it possible that the Bronco with the tube doors fared worse in a crash test than the Bronco with NO doors?

Colorado

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Chevrolet Corvette GS, 15 Subaru Forrester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I asked about the seat backing being rubber instead of carpet. They mentioned it on Sport and are looking at it for Big Bronco. He would not confirm it though.
This made me do a triple take. I thought you were casually mentioning a full-sized Bronco which is what I really want. Glad they are considering rubber seat backings as that is a major need of mine with 2 dogs. But can you get them to consider a "real" Big Bronco? ;)

Hobgoblin

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Touareg, ‘10 Jetta, ‘07 Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This made me do a triple take. I thought you were casually mentioning a full-sized Bronco which is what I really want. Glad they are considering rubber seat backings as that is a major need of mine with 2 dogs. But can you get them to consider a "real" Big Bronco? ;)
Yeah, sorry about that. We have been referring to them as Sport and Big Bronco since they both have the Bronco name. Who knows, they may want to build that family with a bigger one down the road?

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is just getting comical at this point. The worst thing Ford ever did was parade around those "concept vehicles" at launch.
And the Tennessee jerry can rainbow show rolled out an area 51 with tires and wheels that are aftermarket. It wood be stupid for ford to expect people to place orders with out at the very least having several photos with various lighting conditions for each color on you know, like actual vehicles. For the first time, I am thinking about pushing to a subsequent year build if the white top is not available, no real paint color samples (on broncos , not tin cans) are made available and the B and P is pushed back again. Ford, get your act together-now.

HeritageRider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Xterra Pro-4X 2014 Focus SE 5MT 1994 H-D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
this is kinda funny considering the 2 door is roughly the same length as the 4 door. At least we know which car is the most WATER CAPABLE now that we know the 2 door doesnt have the dreaded mold traps from hell! shame that 2 door rear passengers will freeze to death!
Or suffocate from no ventilation! :mad:
Sponsored