2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah that seems... odd. As far as I know we haven’t seen any clarification on how the rear portion of the rack is attached and/or secured and the front is just held on by those two attachment points above the windshield. But either way I just can’t see it taking 15 minutes to remove the roof rack. Maybe if you don’t have the proper tools ?‍♂.
I asked when it was on the 2dr in person and the rear is bolted on. It didn't appear it would take 10-15 minutes to do it. With Jeeps the 10mm socket and wrenches are notorious for walking off...wonder what size Allen wrench will take its place with the Bronco lol.
Sponsored

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought the ford rep said the idea of the donut doors were nixed due to crash tests
Jeep showed their version when they revealed the JL for 2018. It never made it to the market and I didn’t think Ford’s version would either.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeep showed their version when they revealed the JL for 2018. It never made it to the market and I didn’t think Ford’s version would either.
Yeah JLs still don't even have half doors at all. Luckily they're stock on the Bronco. :)

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah JLs still don't even have half doors at all. Luckily they're stock on the Bronco. :)
Yep. This is one of the reasons I am buying the Bronco. I really like my JL (and prior Jeeps) and have never had any major issues including steering, etc. I am looking forward to the new BroncoI but I don’t get all the Jeep hate on this site.

Reactions: LMB

Sponsored

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Couldn't agree more. Especially with carpet on the back of the rear seats.
That is the part that will be folded down and you will be throwing gear/muddy crap all over it.

This is a big mistake by Ford. Really surprised they over looked this.
Not to derail the hate train, but the Bronco Sport has these. Decent chance big brother might as well.

ronco-sport-interior-fold-down-flat-rear-seats-jpg.jpg

Also has seats trimmed similarly to the brown leather in the Cyber Orange that people were going nuts over:

bronco-sport-interior-07-1594669472-jpg.jpg

Would be ironic if the Baby Bronc got some better items than the flagship.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I imagine it's the difference between using one of these:

GetImage.ashx.jpeg

Vs one of these:

1560225161-01-milwaukee18v-1560225132.jpg
the allen wrench would be faster, the Milwaukee would break halfway through.;)

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
18. all trims offer the sway-bar. only a few offer the disconnect.
Correct- the question posed was about disconnect. These were my shorthand Q & A
Can you point me in the direction of the 33's tire answer? Is in not recommend becuase of turning rub or articulation?
most of the answers I got were yes- no. On the 33” I asked “ will 33” fit on standard suspension.

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not to derail the hate train, but the Bronco Sport has these. Decent chance big brother might as well.

Ford Bronco For people who asked and got answers at the supercel east. Post them here bronco-sport-interior-07-1594669472-

Also has seats trimmed similarly to the brown leather in the Cyber Orange that people were going nuts over:

Ford Bronco For people who asked and got answers at the supercel east. Post them here bronco-sport-interior-07-1594669472-

Would be ironic if the Baby Bronc got some better items than the flagship.
Yeah that would be ridiculous. The Escape's slightly bigger brother gets this and Bronco doesn't? Makes no sense. This should be standard on BD and BL and optional on other trims, or included with vinyl seats or a wash-out interior "package". According to @Hobgoblin, who was at SuperCel East, a Ford rep told him they were "exploring" the idea of the rubberized seat backing, but it seems a little late to be "exploring" the idea when it should clearly be standard if they're advertising the interior as wash-out capable.

Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wonder about the 33" tires. One of the answers was: "Sasquatch has stiffer springs and longer shocks. There is no “ spacer” ". I assume that means the stiffer springs compress less, thus keeping the ride height of the vehicle higher? Also I had read the Sasquatch has longer bump stops. So basically, that combo stiffer springs/longer bump stops, would keep the body higher, and allow less compression ... to accommodate the larger 35" tires and not have them contact the body.

If otherwise the Sasquatch has no changes to the front A-arms or other geometry, that is good news for people wanting to lift after the fact. Meaning some small spring spacers (and bump stop spacers if needed) would lift the Bronco same as Sasquatch in terms of geometry. That might be the way to go to give 33" tires a bit more clearance.
So-this kinda went back and forth with the Ford rep. The first part is what he told me, when I used the term “ body lift “ he said it’s not. So there more to this. At this moment I asked about the 37”’s he said total different set up.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep. This is one of the reasons I am buying the Bronco. I really like my JL (and prior Jeeps) and have never had any major issues including steering, etc. I am looking forward to the new BroncoI but I don’t get all the Jeep hate on this site.
I don't either. I find it strange how many people on this site seemingly have no interest in or knowledge of Jeeps at all.

Reactions: LMB

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

me-the rep gave a reluctant yes to them on 4 door- but I did not post because it seem uncertain.
Interesting! Seems doubtful they'll be offered. But I thought it was doubtful from the moment they were revealed.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Solution for storage of front row roof panels (specifically on the 2-door)?

Factory fog light option for heavy duty bumper?
I asked if you lose fog lights upgrading to HD is the wiring & switch left. It’s not and Rep said need to go to Aux switch.
Sponsored