Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm happy to hear that Ford is still actively addressing (or at least considering addressing) some things like the cargo area and rear seat backing for the BD/BL, placement of front license plate, trail camera placement with winch, etc. Keeps me hopeful that these little details will get ironed out and not torpedo an otherwise great design.

However, it is concerning that we're still hearing so much "we're looking into that" and "we're still working on that" this close to B&P and ordering.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It’s continues to feel like the interior design team really dropped the ball on some of these concepts. Washout material but the 2nd row backing is cloth?? Floor vents instead of center console?

And why on earth would they show accessories and equipment on the Bronco that won’t even be available? Donut Doors, White Roof/handles/etc, blacked out MIC back windows, etc. This only confuses their customer base... never really a wise marketing decision.
Ford is still in marketing mode as they are using these franken broncos with accessories to gauge future sales. Ford is basically throwing stuff at the wall and see what sticks while giving us an actual Bronco, but it might take another year or 3 to nail down what the masses want.

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s continues to feel like the interior design team really dropped the ball on some of these concepts. Washout material but the 2nd row backing is cloth?? Floor vents instead of center console?

And why on earth would they show accessories and equipment on the Bronco that won’t even be available? Donut Doors, White Roof/handles/etc, blacked out MIC back windows, etc. This only confuses their customer base... never really a wise marketing decision.
I think ford actually announced this product 6 months to a year early.

If you look at the first reveal cars. They do not run. They are basically clay models. If anything these are likely the "final design" concept cars that were created for corporate to sign off on.

Those doors will be recreated by the aftermarket quite fast because they look awesome. Its fords loss of money.

The white interior was striking and modern. People really liked that. But alas , no dice.

The black out removable plastic windows will be aftermarket within 6 months of the launch of the vehicle since its such a good idea not only for security of the car , but for other potential load bearing purposes.

I think ford is going to do the white roof. They have had unprecedented love and feedback from it. It might not be in the first model year but i would bet money they do it in the future.

Sponsored

tnobull

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr BD Bronco + Salsa Journeyman Flat Bar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm happy to hear that Ford is still actively addressing (or at least considering addressing) some things like the cargo area and rear seat backing for the BD/BL, placement of front license plate, trail camera placement with winch, etc. Keeps me hopeful that these little details will get ironed out and not torpedo an otherwise great design.

However, it is concerning that we're still hearing so much "we're looking into that" and "we're still working on that" this close to B&P and ordering.

This is my biggest frustration. How can we build & price our Bronco (don’t even get me started on ordering) without Ford answering these questions with definitive facts instead of “we’re looking into that”?

fraserjr

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone from here asked about the donut doors yesterday. They will not be available at all.
This is just getting comical at this point. The worst thing Ford ever did was parade around those "concept vehicles" at launch.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
this is kinda funny considering the 2 door is roughly the same length as the 4 door. At least we know which car is the most WATER CAPABLE now that we know the 2 door doesnt have the dreaded mold traps from hell! shame that 2 door rear passengers will freeze to death!
2 door rear passengers will be fine. They will work up a sweat climbing through the turret hatch to gain access, because Ford screwed up the slide and flip access. FML!

tnobull

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr BD Bronco + Salsa Journeyman Flat Bar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think ford actually announced this product 6 months to a year early.

If you look at the first reveal cars. They do not run. They are basically clay models. If anything these are likely the "final design" concept cars that were created for corporate to sign off on.

Those doors will be recreated by the aftermarket quite fast because they look awesome. Its fords loss of money.

The white interior was striking and modern. People really liked that. But alas , no dice.

The black out removable plastic windows will be aftermarket within 6 months of the launch of the vehicle since its such a good idea not only for security of the car , but for other potential load bearing purposes.

I think ford is going to do the white roof. They have had unprecedented love and feedback from it. It might not be in the first model year but i would bet money they do it in the future.

Oh, no doubt! It’s more surprising to me that Ford is letting money run out the door on some of these accessories and the aftermarket will gladly pick them up and quickly produce.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We know that they can put the rubber backing on the 2nd row, considering they did on the Sport that I saw in person.

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh, no doubt! It’s more surprising to me that Ford is letting money run out the door on some of these accessories and the aftermarket will gladly pick them up and quickly produce.
like i said its probly a time thing. They were really doing a hail mary with all of these cool accessories. They likely had no idea that they would have to produce them due to demand.

Now ford could be looking at 100k+ in the first year. They need to focus on streamlining that line before they can add stuff like aluminum painted donut doors.

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The way I read it is just that the front seat won’t slide forward unless the seat back is in the upright position
When the Black Badlands was in Buena Vista in September I asked them to demonstrate how the front seat moves to allow rear passenger in the back seat.
It did move back and forth with the seat back pushed forward. At least on the drivers side.