stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
First of all, outstanding observations and thanks very much for taking the time to share them. Like many folks on this site, I am still trying to navigate the paint choice challenge. You seemed to really like VB but seemed not to prefer it on the four door as you might tire of it. You were very, very impressed by the A51. So why would you tire of the VB and not the A51, was it because the VB is metallic? My choice will be based on what all the ultimate colors are including if the white top does or does not materialize. And what the cost is of the body painted mod top. I know everything boils down to individual taste, but what are your thoughts, based on seeing the colors up close and personal about possibly getting either CG, VB or Race Red in body color top if white is not available? Too much color and not enough contrast or it would look good? Thanks again!
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It seems like the more recent builds are showing better fit and finish, but still wouldn't put total faith in every aspect yet. Many parts may still be early examples and hopefully will be better for real builds. I feel like I'd rather live with orange peel than the color of the MIC top. That just doesn't work for me.

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thank you for feedback!

Seeing them in person, how did the 33’s compare to the 35’s in terms of looks? I’m going badlands but struggling to determine if 33’s will look too small on the 4-door or if the 35’s are worth the upgrade (and price). I’m no experienced off roader so 33’s will be more than I’ll ever need, I just wouldn’t want to regret not upgrading to Sasquatch.

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First of all, outstanding observations and thanks very much for taking the time to share them. Like many folks on this site, I am still trying to navigate the paint choice challenge. You seemed to really like VB but seemed not to prefer it on the four door as you might tire of it. You were very, very impressed by the A51. So why would you tire of the VB and not the A51, was it because the VB is metallic? My choice will be based on what all the ultimate colors are including if the white top does or does not materialize. And what the cost is of the body painted mod top. I know everything boils down to individual taste, but what are your thoughts, based on seeing the colors up close and personal about possibly getting either CG, VB or Race Red in body color top if white is not available? Too much color and not enough contrast or it would look good? Thanks again!
I was all in on VB. But ford rep said as of today it is still delayed delivery. I love it but not enough to wait. I really liked the look of A51 as well, but my wife didn't like it. Back in color choice hell. Maybe AMB?

Sponsored

Mustard

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler 300C, Dodge Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for the review! What are your thoughts on the orange interior accents with the Area51 exterior? Do they clash or are they subtle enough to look right? Provide thoughts on other exterior colors if you have them. Thanks.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was all in on VB. But ford rep said as of today it is still delayed delivery. I love it but not enough to wait. I really liked the look of A51 as well, but my wife didn't like it. Back in color choice hell. Maybe AMB?
I have been haunted by AMB, no other way to put it. Off again, on again. But it does seem very dark and sort of purple in that factory photo. But if you listen to the audio on the video of the AMB jerry can, the lady says it all, Beautiful color if there is sun or under a street light. Decisions, decisions...

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m sold on 4-door Area 51 after seeing this reveal. I love the grill on the Badlands and am disappointed that the Wildtrak grill will be the painted/gloss black. I’ve been leaning towards the Wildtrak simply for the std packages; 2.7L, Auto, Sasquatch. I would love to see a Wildtrak Area 51 in clear images like this event was. I would love to get a Badlands but once I add the 2.7, Auto, Sasquatch, I imagine it will cost more than the Wildtrak. I don’t need the sway bar disconnect, but the badlands is the best looking in my opinion. We need more Wildtrak images.

OP
OP
broadicustomworks

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks!
my opinion is that colors on a vehicle need to compliment the shapes and body lines. Contrast, done tastefully, is a big help to make it look richer, draw the eye to a detail, help set off a color.
I like the AMB and VB both a lot. I think some effort and thought, and probably a LOT of trial, error, and test panels went into their final decision.
for the 4 door I think solid tones and/or darker colors help it look firmly planted.
too much of a good thing is a real deal.
ive Done lace jobs on hoods, roofs, etc. always as an accent or a compliment. Never as a full body effect.
I liken the pearl effects here to that. It may look fine. But it could also flirt easily with being too much on a big billboard of a 4 door.
I definitely would not go Body color on the 4 door, especially with these pearl tricoats
Black, white, Carb Grey, maybe red would look ok with color match top.
Once you go so far it begins to look like a glittery Sahara.
I’ve owned some loud cars in my day. Yellow Cobalt SS
Yellow Ranger Splash
Calypso Green Ranger and 92 Mustang
Comp orange 72 Camaro
Viper Blue pearl C10

the yellow ones faded faster than they should have.
I got so tired of the green/teal in the 90’s and got sick of looking at the color
I could never tire of the 72 Camaro. But you weren’t blending into any traffic, ever.

Sponsored

tx96

Outer Banks
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you for feedback!

Seeing them in person, how did the 33’s compare to the 35’s in terms of looks? I’m going badlands but struggling to determine if 33’s will look too small on the 4-door or if the 35’s are worth the upgrade (and price). I’m no experienced off roader so 33’s will be more than I’ll ever need, I just wouldn’t want to regret not upgrading to Sasquatch.
If you're going to spending a lot on the car, make it want you want with no regrets! That's what I'm telling myself anyway

OP
OP
broadicustomworks

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for feedback!

I’m going to run the 33’s until they wear out.
then selling the stock wheels and getting probably the exact ones here with 35’s.
By then there will be some sort of affordable 1.5-3” lift and I’ll probably lift it.
but no, the 33’s will look plenty good.
35’s look better but to me it isn’t worth the extra 3k right out of the gate to get them.

Idiosyncratic

Base
First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Extreme closeup of the MIC showing grain and texture.
IF this is the final grain I can tell you it will be difficult to paint and get it to stick definitively from experience.
It looks identical to the grain on Harley speaker pods. I’ve painted several, prepped them adequately, used adhesion promoter, and fought to keep the paint from peeling with the slightest impact.
It’s a great look and easy to clean.
may not be the best for painting. Rhino would be fine. You can scratch the crap out of it with some 80 grit and it would stick.

B006430F-5142-4DCE-9288-4086BA4EBF27.jpeg
I read you first post, thought this guy is a painter. Got to this post and confirmed it. Unfortunately you confirm what I suspected about MIC top, that it would not take paint very well. Thank for the pic and professional opinion.

OP
OP
broadicustomworks

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for the review! What are your thoughts on the orange interior accents with the Area51 exterior? Do they clash or are they subtle enough to look right? Provide thoughts on other exterior colors if you have them. Thanks.
They actually compliment very well.
it isn’t a slap-In-the-face orange. It’s tasteful. And the soft orange color along with the softer A51 hue it works just fine.
to me, anyway.

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was concerned about the yellow accents. Not as concerned now. If you are really OCD, it might bother you. The handles are the most visible, but I feel like aftermarket or a switch with someone would solve that. The seat stitching wasnt bad.
Sponsored