First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was a bit disappointed when I heard no power seats with vinyl, but when the rep said that with the leather seats you get carpeted floors , i was back on with vinyl.
I didn’t know leather seats got you carpet floors in the badlands. Good to know.
The only benefit to power seats if it has driver presets, if not it’s much faster to switch drivers with manual seats. I guess I’m just use to the auto exit Feature and driver presets on our grand Cherokee.
Sponsored

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Since I reserved a Wildtrak in white, I am thinking the white/grey interior (MGV) would look sweet (and understand it may NOT be an option!!!)? Anyone know what colors are available int he leather vs vinyl? Love the large twine baseball glove stitching in the seats, back lathe would be OK but really liken the white/grey? Really need to see it, any idea if December ordering time the dealers will have demo units to sit in see the paint and seating options?

Ford Bronco Pics of Marine Grade Vinyl Seats vs Leather Seats in 2021 Bronco - comparison 2ced7d059b3900d0cc41b20bc3c48b55

Ford Bronco Pics of Marine Grade Vinyl Seats vs Leather Seats in 2021 Bronco - comparison 109109907_4677762522241272_3349457082410665189_n

Ford Bronco Pics of Marine Grade Vinyl Seats vs Leather Seats in 2021 Bronco - comparison 115820883_4677762462241278_2116776361484655677_n

Ford Bronco Pics of Marine Grade Vinyl Seats vs Leather Seats in 2021 Bronco - comparison 115820886_4677762688907922_6795114809979928090_n

Ford Bronco Pics of Marine Grade Vinyl Seats vs Leather Seats in 2021 Bronco - comparison Bronco all white

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since I reserved a Wildtrak in white, I am thinking the white/grey interior (MGV) would look sweet (and understand it may NOT be an option!!!)? Anyone know what colors are available int he leather vs vinyl? Love the large twine baseball glove stitching in the seats, back lathe would be OK but really liken the white/grey? Really need to see it, any idea if December ordering time the dealers will have demo units to sit in see the paint and seating options?
That interior won't be available.

We can kind of piece together what will be available form the leaks that happened before reveal, from what we've heard, and from what we've seen.

Vinyl is standard (and only available) on Black Diamond and Badlands. The only choice is most likely Dark Space Gray

From the leaks, the available leather colors were brown/black, navy pier, and sandstone. We are not sure which colors are available on which trims.

Files extracted from the (future) Bronco build & price show the brown/black cloth interior on a Wildtrak. Not sure if there are other options.

But... they've been showing Badlands with a black leather interior. That might be an option on other trims as well.

Navy Pier is definitely an option on OBX, and is the only interior available on FE.

We have yet to see sandstone on anything.

Caveat: the brown/black leather interior is not like the prototype that was initially shown.

Lambert2559

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ7, 2019 Chevrolet RST Z71, 1990 300ZX,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will all the vinyl have the yellow stitching? Or will the stitching color match the paint???? I’m not a fan of the color stitching unless it matched the paint job.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will all the vinyl have the yellow stitching? Or will the stitching color match the paint???? I’m not a fan of the color stitching unless it matched the paint job.
Interior accent colors are by trim, not exterior paint

Sponsored

WNC_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4,2017 Honda Civic LX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You had a chance to touch them? Is the vinyl water resistant and easy to clean? And it didn't have that smooth slippy texture like the leather does?
Yeah i just reach over the rope and touched them and pushed down on the seat and seatback when the ford guys wasnt looking

Yes i would say it is water resistant and it didnt get very hot in the 80 degree sun either like i thought it would. No slippery feel,kinda felt like a fake leather feel.my hand jumped across the vinyl like it grabbed my skin if that makes sense.It wasnt slick but looked like it was

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For those asking if vinyl cracks, german cars have had "leatherette" for years. If you go look up old jettas, etc. with them, they don't crease or age nearly as bad as real leather. No brainer IMO.
Can confirm. I’ve had leatherette in my last 3 VWs and I’ll accept no other seating material now. It’s absolutely immortal. No sagging, stretching, discoloring, cracking like leather; no fuzzing, staining, fart-absorbing, dirt/dust-retaining, wear-through like cloth. It looks just as good in year 5 as it does on day 1.

Ford needs to get with the times and stop calling it “vinyl” though. A turnoff for any of us that remember vinyl interiors from the 70s (my first car was a ‘77 Camaro with white (!!!) vinyl seats).

The Germans understand this. So they call their vinyl seating “MB-Tex,” “Sensatec,” “leatherette,” etc. It really is amazing stuff.

LoneStarBridger

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Pics taken from preproduction Broncos.

MARINE GRADE VINYL SEAT

View attachment 46898

LEATHER SEAT

View attachment 46895

SIDE BY SIDE

View attachment 46899

Another vinyl seat photo (and feedback) by @BellyRat

Got to put my hands on the vinyl seats today. They are a lot softer than I thought. Definitely softer than leather. They look and feel fantastic. A leather upgrade would be a waste of money.

Ford Bronco Pics of Marine Grade Vinyl Seats vs Leather Seats in 2021 Bronco - comparison Bronco all white
Thanks so much for the pictures! I’m so appreciative of all the posts, this information is so helpful.

which do you think would feel more comfortable in the Texas sun/heat? i just imagine top off and sun beating down the whole time I’m in HEB, then sitting on the leather or MV. Of course both will be hot, any thoughts on which is less “sticky” or gross with sweat?
id think given its “marine” vinyl, it would withstand the sun best. But I’ve heard others say leather is better than just vinyl in other vehicles they had. all insights appreciated, and apologies if I missed this topic in other threads.

ByeByeJeep

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 and 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I promise you, after getting to touch the vinyl seat yesterday, that’s the softest damn seat out there. In this case, I would argue that the leather would be a downgrade

71A9D40C-87A4-4BC7-897C-711F1D4CC35F.jpeg

5E1AADFE-0B0C-4009-BAE0-DBBFB85D6A06.jpeg

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am still looking for the Marine Grade White/Gray Interior for a Cactus Gray Badlands Bronco with the wash out floors......

Hello, Ford?

Sponsored

john.noonan

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI, Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These photos just make me more excited for my Badlands. I was somewhat worried about the vinyl seats but no longer am worried at all.

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I promise you, after getting to touch the vinyl seat yesterday, that’s the softest damn seat out there. In this case, I would argue that the leather would be a downgrade
With BMW, the base vinyl (Sensatec) is superior in every way to the Dakota leather 'upgrade', except variety of colors. They offer additional tiers of leather above Dakota at a significant upcharge (Merino leather, like an extra $3k I think) that are VERY nice, but the base vinyl beats the cheapest leather.

Cheap leather is so processed it might as well be vinyl, anyway.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can get black aluminum rims on the bd, I am going to do that, I was on a big bend for a while but the washout interior and steel bumpers are def worth the extra 3 grand for the trim bump but idk how it is for u going down
I was poking around in the BD thread on the last page. If the A51 shown last week I didn’t notice has those black rims as an upgrade that’s a big help, those rims are amazing.

MannyFrescoSC

Badlands
First Name
Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Honda Accord, 18’ Jeep Compass
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After seeing both in person, MGV, 35’s are a must. The vinyl doesn’t feel cheap and has a pattern you can’t see in pictures. Really beautiful and looks sturdy.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So didn't see it asked and if it did sorry for the repeat question. Those that got to see and touch the vinyl, how does it compare to say leatherette, or fords active x seating?

From these pictures its way nicer than I thought it would be
Sponsored