First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 and 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So didn't see it asked and if it did sorry for the repeat question. Those that got to see and touch the vinyl, how does it compare to say leatherette, or fords active x seating?

From these pictures its way nicer than I thought it would be
I don’t know about Ford Active X seating. But I’ll compare it to two leatherettes I know about and have had. Compared to 2016 4Runner: Looked better and felt more supple and soft

compared to a 2015 BMW X1: Looked better and felt more supple and much softer

seriously the best “vinyl” I’ve ever seen. If it holds up like most leatherette, then it will be the option to go with if you hate the typical Ford wrinkled ass and cracked ass leather.

In the meantime, I’m going to rock my Raptor with leather and hope it holds up for a couple years without looking like trash so I can scoop up a 2023 Warthog (hopefully with vinyl) and call it good

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There were concerns that the marine grade vinyl seats would not be able to be heated even with the mid package optioned. The question was asked at the Super Celebration East event and the Ford rep confirmed that having the vinyl seats would not affect having them heated with the mid package. So, no worries for those with marine grade vinyl.
To add to this, some boats come with heated seats now. It shouldn’t be a problem in the Bronco.

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Meh, I've been stuck with leather seats for a decade now. In the summer they are just plain miserable and I have to bring a towel for the wife to sit on. Maybe the remote start would solve the issue? I've never had it so I can't say. I imagine the MGV is just as bad. I'm on the other end wishing I could get cloth seats in a BL/BD

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don’t know about Ford Active X seating. But I’ll compare it to two leatherettes I know about and have had. Compared to 2016 4Runner: Looked better and felt more supple and soft

compared to a 2015 BMW X1: Looked better and felt more supple and much softer

seriously the best “vinyl” I’ve ever seen. If it holds up like most leatherette, then it will be the option to go with if you hate the typical Ford wrinkled ass and cracked ass leather.

In the meantime, I’m going to rock my Raptor with leather and hope it holds up for a couple years without looking like trash so I can scoop up a 2023 Warthog (hopefully with vinyl) and call it good
Thanks!

So let me ask it this way. Would someone who doesn't know its vinyl think its leather?

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn, am I really going to have to buy a maxed out Badlands now? I was going to get the WT to save money, but those marine grade seats though........ :love:
Yeah, they are really, really awesome in person. I 100% switched from WT to BL this Sat when I saw it in person in TN. Unless the B&P makes it possible to put the flooring and seats from a BL into the WT, I'll be going BL.
I've installed some high end seating in my day and these are outstanding initial quality seats.
I think none of us on here other than the Ford factory guys have actually sat in one yet.
But just from the look, feel, and as much squeezing and fondling as the Ford reps would allow me, These are 100%.
And that totally sounded weird.

Last edited:

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, they are really, really awesome in person. I 100% switched form WT to BL this Sat when I saw it in person in TN. Unless the B&P makes it possible to put the flooring and seats from a BL into he WT, I'll be going BL.
I've installed some high end seating in my day and these are outstanding initial quality seats.
I think none of us on here other than the Ford factory guys have actually sat in one yet.
But just from the look, feel, and as much squeezing and fondling as the Ford reps would allow me, These are 100%.
And that totally sounded weird.
Ford Bronco Pics of Marine Grade Vinyl Seats vs Leather Seats in 2021 Bronco - comparison 42D922D1-758A-4248-BE16-6D0A1B3B1288

MannyFrescoSC

Badlands
First Name
Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Honda Accord, 18’ Jeep Compass
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Vinyl looks like it would be extra miserable to sit on in the summer. Doesn't look good either and the tactile feel relative to leather is probably worse. Pass.
This isn’t the case in person. The material isn’t flat and smooth like leather or traditional vinyl. It has a very tiny Diamond like weave that creates a mountain like structure that looks to ventilate really well.

MannyFrescoSC

Badlands
First Name
Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks!

So let me ask it this way. Would someone who doesn't know its vinyl think its leather?
I think from afar, you’d think it’s leather but when you get close and see the Diamond weave pattern in the seat, you know it’s something else.
Honestly after seeing how creased the leather was on the 2 door, made the vinyl seats a no brainer.

edit- creased is a better word than cracked when describing leather ?

Last edited:

Sponsored

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think from afar, you’d think it’s leather but when you get close and see the Diamond weave pattern in the seat, you know it’s something else.
Honestly after seeing how cracked the leather was on the 2 door, made the vinyl seats a no brainer.
Are you saying the Bronco 2 door’s leather seats were already beginning to crack?

R

MannyFrescoSC

Badlands
First Name
Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you saying the Bronco 2 door’s leather seats were already beginning to crack?

R
That’s correct. Not sure how extensively it was used prior to the event or if it’s a non final production version of the seats but it makes the MGV a no brainer for me.

MannyFrescoSC

Badlands
First Name
Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s correct. Not sure how extensively it was used prior to the event or if it’s a non final production version of the seats but it makes the MGV a no brainer for me.
Let me clarify, they weren’t cracked like really old/used leather is. Creased would be the better word.

Internally_Combusted

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy C10
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is the only pic online that I could find that is anything remotely close to what the vinyl looked like. The pic represents maybe a half square inch
Ford Bronco Pics of Marine Grade Vinyl Seats vs Leather Seats in 2021 Bronco - comparison FB2B9DB1-8BB1-451B-B857-BEAEF4A50031
So you're saying the MGV is a woven vinyl? If that's the case that's a game changer. It would breathe way better which is my biggest concern in Florida. I was leaving towards cloth seats for that reason.
Sponsored