Sponsored

High Interior with extra sound deadening....

Wasatch

Wildtrak
First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Based solely on experience in film/sound studios... legit just a foam type insulation.
Let's hope that the Bronco (with sound deadening is quieter than Wrangler). My Wrangler came with soft top which was cool around town, but like being in a wind tunnel on freeway. I bought an after-market one piece fiberglass top (reduce leaks and noise from OEM) that is 100% carpet lined. Much better, but would have paid for additional foam insulation between carpet and top if available. Putting GOBI roof rack absolutely increased wind noise. All that said, under 65 mph cabin noise ok. But when trekking from SoCal on the freeways to get to where Jeep thrives is noisy. Very noisy - and when cross winds hit you going 80 mph it's tough. Alone ok, but talking to passengers not the easiest. It's like riding an HD with no helmet.

For me I reserved Bronco with hopes it's better on road. I am taking delivery of Bronco on East coast and will tour the Atlantic Seaboard before heading to Rockies (testing 4x4 capabilities) and eventually back to SoCal. If it's as noisy as Jeep I will sell the Bronco and keep my Jeep. Off road both vehicle's performance may be pretty much equal for almost everyone. It's on road where the difference will be really noted (at least in my humble opinion) as a current Jeeper, off roader and on-roader.
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Speak for yourself. I take my doors off and it stays that way for weeks. We may go to church on Sunday doorless.
I said "most people." I am also correct. I pass 40-eleventy Jeeps every day out here in rural Florida and not a single one has doors off in the morning.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess the question is, Is the NVH in the Bronco so bad that it requires additional sound deadening? I cannot imagine that to be the case. Furthermore, it is not a Lexus and does not aspire to that kind of isolation.

Nevertheless, glad they are offering it for those of us who want it.
For me, yes. Road noise in my F150 is bad enough. I want the sound deadening for sure.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford rep had previously said the additional sound deadening is *not* the panel accessory that adheres to the inside of the hard top...

It is legit additional sound mat applied against the body during manufacture.

At least that’s my understanding.
And Massachuvians KNOW!

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I said "most people." I am also correct. I pass 40-eleventy Jeeps every day out here in rural Florida and not a single one has doors off in the morning.
Do the alligators ever try to get into the doorless vehicles?

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well that's no fun! I used to drive about 60 miles to work at 5am with no doors on my Wrangler here in Michigan and at least half of that was highway... but some would say I am nuts. ?

That only lasted about half of a summer though and then I bought a soft top and soft doors. Then I would fold up the top and throw the doors in the back on my lunch break and was good to go after work! (weather permitting)

I was not missing any opportunities to go doorless and still plan not to! I will most likely get soft doors and a soft top for the two door if/when aftermarket comes out with them and they will be on my Bronco from March to November just like my Jeep. Bundle up! ?

firelo724

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the complaints I get about my JK are:
#1 step in height
#2 road noise
#3 ride comfort

IFS ride better be better.

One of the reasons I am going with a higher model on the Bronco is to get the high package to reduce road noise.

Step in height will be lower - but this time I will be buying rock sliders that have removable steps after market so if (when) I lift it a little higher - or better yet they offer a 2” dealer installed - I’m covered.
I added theBoom Mat headliner to my JKU and it makes a huge difference in road noise

Poppy

First Edition
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Titan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just posted yesterday Wildtrak needs MGV and rubber flooring for a Off road recreational vehicle. After thinking about it carpet would be a better floor sound deadening and maybe low pile as headliner.
Now just to keep the carpet clean and dry
Ah theirs not much to worry about anyway, I'll probably not be around to see the new 2021 Bronco come out in 2025. That would make me 80. I guess my grandkids could drive me around if I could get in.
COME ON FORD GET WITH IT!!!!
Remember the 60s ??
When a Mopar or Chev won on Sunday and you would have a longer lower slicker car to win the next race? HURRY UP LETS GET GOING!!!

Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
For those wanting the hardtop liner, without knowing how much Ford will charge for these and how good their option, I know in wranglers, there is a company called Hotheads headliners that is everyone's goto aftermarket and a better product than what Jeep offers from the factory/dealership.
I have the hotheads. Still stuck on my roof after three years. Nice product. Gotta get the prep correct, use the recommended product for cleaning the surface for the sticky tape.

Hothead Headliners

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
HotheadHeadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler & Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey All,

I just posted on another thread but I just saw this one and figured I'd let everyone know here as well since there is a lot of discussion.

For everyone familiar with Hothead Headliners for the Jeep Wrangler & Gladiator, I wanted to let you know that we do have a Bronco on order and we're pretty positive we'll be able to make our premium, hard top Hothead Headliner kits for the Bronco in addition to the Jeep Wrangler & Gladiator.

We added a Ford Bronco page to our website. If you would like to be informed once we do have them in stock, go ahead and provide your email on the contact form and we'll let you know once we have some good news.

https://hotheadheadliners.com/pages/2021-ford-bronco-headliners

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey All,

I just posted on another thread but I just saw this one and figured I'd let everyone know here as well since there is a lot of discussion.

For everyone familiar with Hothead Headliners for the Jeep Wrangler & Gladiator, I wanted to let you know that we do have a Bronco on order and we're pretty positive we'll be able to make our premium, hard top Hothead Headliner kits for the Bronco in addition to the Jeep Wrangler & Gladiator.

We added a Ford Bronco page to our website. If you would like to be informed once we do have them in stock, go ahead and provide your email on the contact form and we'll let you know once we have some good news.

https://hotheadheadliners.com/pages/2021-ford-bronco-headliners
Signed Up!!! Thanks!!!
Sponsored