Sponsored

Decided on a 2-door and feel so much better!

emerald86

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, 21 Badlands Bronco, 23 Braptor INBOUND
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had been on the fence for a while, but the Build and Price finally pushed me over...this rig is expensive, so a couple grand does make a difference1 But price aside, seeing the renderings of other member's builds made me realize that this thing just looks so much better with a shorter wheelbase, and the 2 door Manual Trans will be an absolute hoot.

Now, I've got kids, and have had kids for quite a while (4 total...oldest is 26, youngest is 7...) Currently only have 2 at home who I'd be carting around. The older one at home will be 13 going on 14 by the time this thing arrives, so she can ride in the front unless my wife is along.

Yeah, dealing with moving the seat, etc, will be a pain for the younger one, but he'll be 8 when I get this, so he can manage that himself, for the most part.

And when we all go on a family vacation, either we take two cars, or I go to Enterprise and rent a minivan or a Suburban for the week.

Before committing, I expressed my thoughts out loud to my wife..."You know, since we've been together, I've had a lot of 2-door vehicles...the JK Jeep, the Mini Cooper S, the BMW 3 series, the Fiat Abarth...and while I've gotten used to 4 doors in recent years with the FJ Cruiser, 4Runner, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and the current VW GTI, I think I can pull off the 2 door Bronco."

Her response: "You're talking to me about this? It's your car! I don't care. Do I ask you about the kind of car I get? You're a grown ass man! Do what you're going to do!"

Ah, marital bliss...
I was going back and forth, but I like and end up driving with 4-5 people in the car way too often to go 2 door. I do love the look and nice to save weight and money.
Sponsored

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think selling a 2-door SUV in 2020 is market suicide.

The 4 door is necessary and will make up most of the sales because these will not be used as off road/trail vehicles.

timo98

First Name
tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
various
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

The 4 door is necessary and will make up most of the sales because these will not be used as off road/trail vehicles.

Sad but true. I'm just glad they are offering the 2-door and thankful for the 4-door that is subsidizing.

TomH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In my case, I'm only considering a 2-dr. The tail gate isn't an option for the 2-dr. So my only option is Option 2 - Rear Seat Delete. I have no use for them anyway.
UGH. I haven't seen the option in the B&P for the slide out tailgate in either 4 or 2 door. I assumed it was going to be available for both...if this is the case, so long back seats

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was going back and forth, but I like and end up driving with 4-5 people in the car way too often to go 2 door. I do love the look and nice to save weight and money.
I noticed that you have indicated that FE is your trim. I would be curious (not enough to make a separate poll) what percentage of FE buyers will select a 2-dr. I suspect that most that are dropping that coin will opt for the most Bronco for their buck and settle on the 4-dr. In the future, the 2-dr FE 6G Bronco might be the true unicorn.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

UGH. I haven't seen the option in the B&P for the slide out tailgate in either 4 or 2 door. I assumed it was going to be available for both...if this is the case, so long back seats
Yeah, it was discussed at one of the show/tells (I think Colorado). The tail gate was confirmed by the reps that it is a 4-dr option. Not enough cargo space in the 2-dr to put the tail gate. Perhaps, Ford will offer a skinny tail gate option for 2-dr MY22 Broncos. But I doubt it.

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...and 13 year old girls have no interest in being anywhere around their parents
Hahaha... 3 years from now they’ll need a 4dr to take their friends around. ?

timo98

First Name
tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
various
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Maybe I was a selfish parent but my kids grew up crawling in the back of whatever we had at the time which was mainly 2-door import sporty hatchbacks. It'll work once you get used to it and the Bronco has enough height that you're not having to get down and back to get the kids in/out. OP only mentions older kids, just keep a booster seat in the back to keep it legal and they'll be grown before you know it and have better memories climbing in the back of Dad's Bronco then they would being coddled in his 7 passenger minivan/SUV.
In 'selfish parent' club. Our 2001 street edition focus with three kids in cars seats in back. Couldn't resist bright yellow, manual trans, good handling station wagon. Only worked because wife and I are short so rearward facing seat fit between the front seat backs. This was eventually replaced by a used Volvo V70R with the rear facing seats in the cargo area so a couple friends could come along. The two bigger kids in the pic are in college now. Baby in the middle just got his license.

Ford Bronco Decided on a 2-door and feel so much better! christmas_tree 014

TomH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, it was discussed at one of the show/tells (I think Colorado). The tail gate was confirmed by the reps that it is a 4-dr option. Not enough cargo space in the 2-dr to put the tail gate. Perhaps, Ford will offer a skinny tail gate option for 2-dr MY22 Broncos. But I doubt it.
I have a kid who will be 13 when mine comes in. He said he will crawl into the back because the two door looks better. That's my boy !
LOL he just cant wait to drive it in 3 years!

Sponsored

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does anyone know the door pillar locations for 2-door vs 4-door? 4-door looks a few inches farther forward, I can't find the actual numbers. I keep flipping between the two, but if the pillar is blocking the view on the 4-door I may go back to my original plan to get a 2-door!
I don't know what the numbers are but the 2-door has longer doors so the pillar is further back.

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nah... that’s not a cool kids car! ?

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That betters my chance of getting a mod top without too much waiting! ?

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think selling a 2-door Bronco in 2020 is freaking brilliant.

There. Fixed it for ya.

radiocontrolhead

Badlands
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic Si
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i was on 2 door at first, but 4 door looks proportionally better IMO with the 35s
Sponsored