Sponsored

Painted Black Top only with Wildtrax and the First Edition models?

jodyleigh

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota RAV, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have reserved an Outer Banks. Am I understanding it correctly that the Wildtrax and the First Edition models are the only ones that you can wait until towards the end of 2021 and get a black painted modular top? I want the painted black top not the MIC Carbonized Gray. Thanks
Sponsored

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have reserved an Outer Banks. Am I understanding it correctly that the Wildtrax and the First Edition models are the only ones that you can wait until towards the end of 2021 and get a black painted modular top? I want the painted black top not the MIC Carbonized Gray. Thanks
It will be going to wildtrak and fe orders first for those that want to wait. It came with those models prior to them realizing they would have production timeline issues due to the interest. It will be available at a later date for parts counter and vehicle orders. Probably 2022.

Ford Bronco Painted Black Top only with Wildtrax and the First Edition models? 9C2C6C24-C1C4-4B7B-8D9D-0E5D5FC82576

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It will be going to wildtrak and fe orders first for those that want to wait. It came with those models prior to them realizing they would have production timeline issues due to the interest. It will be available at a later date for parts counter and vehicle orders. Probably 2022.

Perfectly said. This thread can be locked now. ?

Deleted member 13817

What color Outer Banks are you getting?

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Perfectly said. This thread can be locked now. ?
I'm sure we get a couple of more pages of rants and rages about black hardtop late availability. ?
Ford Bronco Painted Black Top only with Wildtrax and the First Edition models? tenor (2)

Sponsored

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Painted Black Top only with Wildtrax and the First Edition models? tenor (2)
I see a bunch of Wildtrak's with the soft top (BLACK) lately, and I'd sure like to get that top, while I wait on the Black Modular... but it's not currently an offered option (maybe Ford will change the Build and Price to offer the matching color soft top) on the Wildtrak and FE trim... or if we accept a Late delivery, is that a year late, like November-2021, like it infers in the newest Ford (Dealer build sheet) correspondence.

It seems to me that Ford just changed the grill, mirror backs, and fender wells to Black Paint, to match the "previously Standard" Black Modular hardtop on the Wildtrak and FE models. Now, everything changed to match the top, and the top (color) has been delayed/discontinued. That ain't right.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Where is my WHITE TOP!!! :p

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We've not actually seen anything where it'll be Wildtrak or FE only tho for '21. It was a listed option for OBX and Badlands as well before being put on late availability.

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I see a bunch of Wildtrak's with the soft top (BLACK) lately, and I'd sure like to get that top, while I wait on the Black Modular... but it's not currently an offered option (maybe Ford will change the Build and Price to offer the matching color soft top) on the Wildtrak and FE trim... or if we accept a Late delivery, is that a year late, like November-2021, like it infers in the newest Ford (Dealer build sheet) correspondence.

It seems to me that Ford just changed the grill, mirror backs, and fender wells to Black Paint, to match the "previously Standard" Black Modular hardtop on the Wildtrak and FE models. Now, everything changed to match the top, and the top (color) has been delayed/discontinued. That ain't right.
Everything else is the same. That was one of the differences with trims. The top delays are due to production constraints and limitations due to more interest than previously regarded. If you had an fe or wildtrak reserved and chose the mod top at order you will not get a vehicle until they are available and scheduled for your build.

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everything else is the same. That was one of the differences with trims. The top delays are due to production constraints and limitations due to more interest than previously regarded. If you had an fe or wildtrak reserved and chose the mod top at order you will not get a vehicle until they are available and scheduled for your build.
Ok. So, the question was: can we get the same Black soft top that is being shown on the recent Wildtrak’s?

The second part was: yes, Ford did just change the grill to a Black Gloss grill, without shutters (which, probably not by coincidence would now match the Black gloss modular top). When they made this recent change, all the trim parts matched.

Sponsored

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok. So, the question was: can we get the same Black soft top that is being shown on the recent Wildtrak’s?

The second part was: yes, Ford did just change the grill to a Black Gloss grill, without shutters (which, probably not by coincidence would now match the Black gloss modular top). When they made this recent change, all the trim parts matched.
Yes they changed the grille after the fact. My guess is because of the top constraint they didn’t want wildtrak buyers to stray. So they blacked it out. There is a reason there was only 1 bronco being displayed with a black top. By the way it didn’t look good on the black 2 door badlands.. I don’t know about the soft top. I doubt it. I was never a wildtrak guy. It’s just a blackout package minus some parts. An fe is an optioned out badlands with a shitty interior.

OP
OP
jodyleigh

jodyleigh

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota RAV, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What color Outer Banks are you getting?
Since I can't get the vintage look one that was teased in cactus gray with the white top, I think I might switch to the Wildtrax and wait for the painted black top and have the body wrapped in a military green. If I decide for sure to have it wrapped, I will just order it in onyx so when the doors are opened the black will ok. I'm still deliberating really...but I just don't love the color choices.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Since I can't get the vintage look one that was teased in cactus gray with the white top, I think I might switch to the Wildtrax and wait for the painted black top and have the body wrapped in a military green. If I decide for sure to have it wrapped, I will just order it in onyx so when the doors are opened the black will ok. I'm still deliberating really...but I just don't love the color choices.
I loooove your plan
Very comfortable with my choices but I'm super considering a green wrap for the future when I wanna spice it up

beaglebronco

First Edition
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda pilot
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have an FE reserved and I've been wondering the same thing about Ford definitely having the option to wait (would rather be patient and get what I want) for the painted black top, and if this will be clearly spelled out when we go to oder, which I now understand will be through our Ford account.

I realize they might not have an exact delay this will cause, but curious if we are talking weeks, months or quarters.

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have an FE reserved and I've been wondering the same thing about Ford definitely having the option to wait (would rather be patient and get what I want) for the painted black top, and if this will be clearly spelled out when we go to oder, which I now understand will be through our Ford account.

I realize they might not have an exact delay this will cause, but curious if we are talking weeks, months or quarters.
It also depends on your slot. If you are early reserved you will get it sooner when available. First deliveries are June. I would just say assume November before 22 production start for deliveries with mod top for your worst case. Only ford knows when they schedule. It depends on if the initial reservations stay true to form. There is not going to be a 75% conversion. If it is 40% I see them being a May or June add which is July or August for earliest delivery with a mod top. Don’t hold your breath though. There may be other commodity restraints. So can you wait a year?
Sponsored