Sponsored

Is the Lux package really worth $2,300? Or is High the way to go??

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You know for me I had not considered the lux package until I realized the squach package was worthless on a Badlands. For me the money spent on the sasquatch would be better spent on the lux package, at least from the height which had already up sold myself on. I don't like or have any desire for the beadlocks and would rather pick my own tires for less $$$ anyhow. I can add tires and a 1" lift easily as opposed to the other features offered with lux. For as long as I would like to keep the truck I would like as many factory features as possible.
Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would write down what you value each option at and see if they all add up to $2,300.

For me I do value roughly at this:
$1,200 for adaptive cruise/evasive steering
$700 for the upgraded sound
$200 heated steering wheel
$100 for the charging pad
$100 for smart ports
I dont see the difference in nav systems and same description as high. I dont care about garage door.
The B&O stereo is a $1,000 option on other Ford vehicles. Whether someone personally values it at the price is up to them, but that's what you can figure it's worth in the Lux package.

The nav system is different, and this is my interpretation. In the High package, you get "connected nav" and in the Lux package you get "connected built-in nav". I think the connected nav works only when you have Ford's sync services active. I think the connected built-in nav includes nav built-in and also sync services. At least that's my interpretation. Clearly, there's a difference of some kind, though. Also, (I hate to mention this because I can't provide proof to back this up, but) I thought I'd read somewhere that the off-road trail maps only came with the built-in nav. I would be nice to have the different nav levels clarified by someone who knows for certain.

Aviationtech101

Base
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m going for the B&O system because I don’t want to drop a brand new truck that nobody’s worked on before at the shop down the street for some kids to tear apart doing an install. I also like having a stealth sub that’s stock, even if it’s not much of a sub, at least it’s not taking up room in the back.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Charging pad, dash plugs, adaptive, garage, B&O. If you are not struggling to make a payment with adding Lux, I think it is a no brainer. Could you do without most and do some on your own, yes, but you are probably killing yourself to save a few hundred dollars in the end.

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I havent paid THAT close of attention to the interior, but I think maybe the heated wheel controls are in the screen? which might add a wrinkle.

theres lots of buttons, but not sure Ive seen a heated wheel button. but then not sure if any were a lux package...
The f150 guys will have sync 4 first. They will have it cracked before the bronco is delivered. In sync 3 once you add the modules you can program the buttons with forscan. It’s still expensive and ripping up a new vehicle for just a wheel. Good luck deciding. Some times I try to do something to save me money and it costs me more. ?

Last edited:

Sponsored

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you already have a car with adaptive cruise control then it is worth it. If you don’t you’ll probably be OK.

MnBroncoNut

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350, Ford Fusion, Jeep CJ-7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did you use the ford adaptive cruise control? I have heard bad things about adaptive cruise making adjustments to cars in other lanes. (Not a huge deal) this was NOT on a a ford though. What was your experience like with it if it was on a ford?
I have this on a Fusion I’m driving now. This is the primary reason I’m going with the Lux. I can’t live without it. Is that good.

reman1266

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The B&O stereo is a $1,000 option on other Ford vehicles. Whether someone personally values it at the price is up to them, but that's what you can figure it's worth in the Lux package.

The nav system is different, and this is my interpretation. In the High package, you get "connected nav" and in the Lux package you get "connected built-in nav". I think the connected nav works only when you have Ford's sync services active. I think the connected built-in nav includes nav built-in and also sync services. At least that's my interpretation. Clearly, there's a difference of some kind, though. Also, (I hate to mention this because I can't provide proof to back this up, but) I thought I'd read somewhere that the off-road trail maps only came with the built-in nav. I would be nice to have the different nav levels clarified by someone who knows for certain.
Can't you use Waze (apple carplay or Android auto) and skip all this Navigation software that will be outdated in few years? I never owned a Ford and not familiar with Sync.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can't you use Waze (apple carplay or Android auto) and skip all this Navigation software that will be outdated in few years? I never owned a Ford and not familiar with Sync.
Yes you can and that's exactly what I do now. There are so many new developments going up here and the Ford Nav won't pick them up where as Waze or Apple Maps does.

Sponsored

Dajosh

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 2018 Hyundai Tucson 1967 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you only go where you have cell reception yes.

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Savagegeese talked about the B&O in his gt500 review, wasn't impressed. In fairness he shits all over the HK system in my 340i and it's the best factory system I've ever owned, so grain of salt

Dajosh

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 2018 Hyundai Tucson 1967 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If waze is like Google maps ( google owns waze) you should be able to archive maps
That take forethought that I don't generally have. I end up just bringing a handheld GPS with me, which is cheaper than the Lux package.

TTU86

Raptor
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ8
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Lux is not worth it.
Sponsored