Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know if the rear drop down tail gate is standard or an accessory for badlands?
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When I sat in the OBX at Sanderson, the step seemed unreasonable for me. I’m 5’ 10” and it kinda got in the way as I was stepping out,
I was fine getting out, but trying to get in was awkward. I thought I was going to find myself laying on the floor with half the grab handle in my hand.

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was fine getting out, but trying to get in was awkward. I thought I was going to find myself laying on the floor with half the grab handle in my hand.
Was it because the step was in the way or because of the height?

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The main reason for the 2.7 when it comes to long term reliability is the use of direct and port injection. This helps reduce carbon buildup on the valves. The 2.3 is a great engine, but can suffer from excess carbon build up (as do a lot of direct injection turbo engines). Adding port injection helps a lot. The 2.3 is a phenomenal engine and can safely make a lot of power, but long term I would suggest a catch can do deal with blow by for the 2.3
(https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1127533_why-some-engines-use-direct-and-port-injection)
16A28902-A690-4BD7-8E1F-CD8370FCB4F6.jpeg
I was going to bring up DI valve fouling but didn't. Addressing the DI fouling issue is more a preventative maintenance item than engine design that is mechanically failure prone. At worst case the manifold is pulled and valves walnut blasted which brings the performance back. Using an intake system sourced (i.e. introduced to the valves via the intake tract) every 10,000 miles probably prevents the need for walnut cleaning. It's a known problem throughout the industry.

I was more addressing the mechanical structure of the 2.3L. But the DI valve soiling issue is a PIA, but not catastrophic.

Last edited:

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I stopped by my local dealer today and met my SA. I was looking to see if there was a Carbonized Gray truck on the lot. He pointed out one of the F250's I looked stalking the lot. I think the color will do me fine. Ford has another non-metallic gray that is just gorgeous. I wish they'd drop that on the Bronco.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I can't stop thinking about all those people that panicked and canceled their reservations cause of issues like the navy interior ? . It sounds like almost everything will be heard and fixed, and still arrive close to its original schedule. Patience is a virtue haha
I honestly believe the people early panic canceling were never really gonna get the Bronco anyway

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It was the height. I'm older and it seemed like the step was 3-4 inches higher than my leg wanted to go.
I can certainly relate. My old legs won't do steps anymore. I'm hoping to be able to get in without a step.... fingers crossed.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It was the height. I'm older and it seemed like the step was 3-4 inches higher than my leg wanted to go.
how tall are you if you don't mind me asking?

Longshot

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got back myself from the expo. I'll add a few more pics too. I didn't ask a lot of questions or if I did, the OP answered them already. (Thank you for the great write up btw!)

1. First pic is me standing as close as I could get, I am 6'2" so it looks as though the roof line is pretty close to this height.

2. Next one is a close up of the tailgate, someone asked about removing the spare, but I imagine it will be very ugly looking! The rep did say the big hump on the inside of the tailgate is similar to Jeep for air handling when you shut the tailgate...

3. A brief comparison of the tire sizes, 33" to the standard Bridgestones on the 4dr.

4. Taillight close up detail shot.

5. Close up the tie down on the front.

6. Back seat folded flat in the 4 door.

7. Detail of the mirror lights/camera on the 4 door.

8. Camera on the 4 door, I noticed the 2 door did not have a camera... (Pre-production I suppose)

9. Close up of the fishing rig connections on the 4 door.

10. 4 door interior shot.

11. 4 door standard wheel close up.

12. 2 door rock rail close up.

13. Tried to get a shot of the tire offset compared to the wheel arches.

14. 2 door wheel close up.

15. Attempting to compare the height differences of the two.

Ford Bronco International Off-Road Expo: Bronco Photos and Q&A Answers (UPDATED) IMG_7389.JPG
Ford Bronco International Off-Road Expo: Bronco Photos and Q&A Answers (UPDATED) IMG_7395.JPG
Ford Bronco International Off-Road Expo: Bronco Photos and Q&A Answers (UPDATED) IMG_7396.JPG
Ford Bronco International Off-Road Expo: Bronco Photos and Q&A Answers (UPDATED) IMG_7402.JPG
Ford Bronco International Off-Road Expo: Bronco Photos and Q&A Answers (UPDATED) IMG_7404.JPG
Ford Bronco International Off-Road Expo: Bronco Photos and Q&A Answers (UPDATED) IMG_7409.JPG
Ford Bronco International Off-Road Expo: Bronco Photos and Q&A Answers (UPDATED) IMG_7411.JPG
Ford Bronco International Off-Road Expo: Bronco Photos and Q&A Answers (UPDATED) IMG_7412.JPG
Ford Bronco International Off-Road Expo: Bronco Photos and Q&A Answers (UPDATED) IMG_7415.JPG
Ford Bronco International Off-Road Expo: Bronco Photos and Q&A Answers (UPDATED) IMG_7419.JPG
Ford Bronco International Off-Road Expo: Bronco Photos and Q&A Answers (UPDATED) IMG_7420.JPG
Ford Bronco International Off-Road Expo: Bronco Photos and Q&A Answers (UPDATED) IMG_7421.JPG
Ford Bronco International Off-Road Expo: Bronco Photos and Q&A Answers (UPDATED) IMG_7426.JPG
Ford Bronco International Off-Road Expo: Bronco Photos and Q&A Answers (UPDATED) IMG_7392.JPG
Ford Bronco International Off-Road Expo: Bronco Photos and Q&A Answers (UPDATED) IMG_7427.JPG

All in all, I was happy to be able to see it in person finally! Disappointed I couldn't sit in it, but I figured as much. The reps were all really laid back and would answer any questions and open doors and such if you asked them to. Seeing it in person, it does look larger than it does in pictures, which is a bonus, at least for me! The rep also confirmed the tube door handles will be metal and not plastic on this demo. Another vote for WTH with that awful purple lighting, you literally had to wait until it cycled to take a picture, otherwise it was neon purple!

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yup isnt that chain behind that huge plate irc ?

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great to confirm that B&P was rushed and not finalized - especially with regards to a lot of the weird restrictions and weight issues.

After the recent video showing the trail cam, the winch is less of an issue than I thought.

A little concerning that so much of this is still being designed/finalized (different instrument panels, dash types, rear seat back, interior trims, etc.). Seem really odd that more of this wouldn't have already been figured out - unless the recently announced delay is as much about still working out these details as it is suppliers for production.

I'm choosing to stay optimistic and be happy that they are still working on these things instead of just saying we're stuck with it for MY21.
Sponsored