Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My gf is 5' nothing and when we were at Sanderson the other day she got in the BL by holding the door and using the grab handle. It wasn't to bad at all but getting out was a little tougher as she has a bad knee but still doable.

I'm waiting for aftermarket rock rails. They will be much better than the Ford ones which don't bolt to the frame for almost the same price. Also the ones for the Ranger below you can use them as a step too. You can also get them without the added plate.

Ranger Raockrails1.jpg

Ranger Rockrails.jpg
Thanks for the pictures! Those aren't too horrible.
Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The only pictures I took today worth sharing.
1.) The cargo area of the two-door.
2.) A really big guy chillaxing in the cargo area of the two-door.
3.) How seriously flat the seat is after the really big guy sits on it.

Also...
If you are the guy who was standing next to me when he did this, thanks for making him crawl around in there.

Ford Bronco International Off-Road Expo: Bronco Photos and Q&A Answers (UPDATED) 20201205_113815

Ford Bronco International Off-Road Expo: Bronco Photos and Q&A Answers (UPDATED) 20201205_113859

Ford Bronco International Off-Road Expo: Bronco Photos and Q&A Answers (UPDATED) 20201205_113927

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do we have any idea what the hell that big-ass chamber is integrated into the tailgate? I'm assuming its the venting for the cabin pressure relief, which most cars have hidden behind the rear bumper on the the rear quarter panels. But if that is what it is, why is it so big and protrudes into the cargo area.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the pictures! Those aren't too horrible.
Those pictures make them look like they stick out more than they do. The nice thing is they're bolted right to the frame (not the body) so they will support the weight of the whole vehicle. There are more on their website.

https://www.shrockworks.com

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure if its the same, but there is something similar in my Edge. The backrow seats have an armrest in the middle that folds down but can fold up for a third person to sit. The arm rest has cup holders. The seats manually recline about 45 degrees for a more comfortable ride for the back passengers. It prob will help if the people in the back are tall or need more head space. The recline is a nice feature.
That is something I am familiar with and hoping for the same on the Bronco. Would accept losing the cup/beverage holders if Ford wants to keep that exclusive for the FE. Maybe they will give us some details.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SHLYGRR

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What would you guess is the height difference between the Badlands and OBX? More than an inch or two?
About 4”. The step just gets in the way if you don’t need it.

AZbronco1

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just got back from the expo in PHX.
1) My wife likes the 2 door! The 4 door looked great too but std tires make it look like a mall crawler.
2) Badlands with 33” tires looks really awesome.
3) Wife said “The wheels on the red one look like something you’d drive in town. The ones on the black one are manly, like what you’d want out hunting.” I guess I know which ones I’m getting!
4) Two door rear seats do not currently recline.
5) No bottle opener in the 2 door-just the 4 door!
Just a fantastic time seeing them for real. Pre-production or not the Bronco is fantastic!

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I completely agree with your assessment, the work areas and suppliers you cited no doubt bear the brunt of it.

Myself and others are mostly concerned with some of the decisions management, engineering and the designers have made. Sure Covid has impacted some of them as well but most others can continue to work from home or in small teams and make progress.

As an engineer myself and having worked a number of projects as Project Manager I've worked from all type of locations in all types of conditions with international customers and suppliers in multiple time zones.

Progress can be made in management, engineering and design of the Bronco, Ford management just needs to better understand risk and crisis management, lacking that, there will be difficulties they struggle with.

AZbronco1

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
LEGEND I too worked in the Aerospace industry and I can’t even imagine trying to design, release, and build a new product during COVID! We could hardly build things without having to deal with Government shutdowns and people being sick for two or more weeks. This not a normal day.

I’ve been wanting to compliment you on your posts and thank you for staying positive!

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What would you guess is the height difference between the Badlands and OBX? More than an inch or two?
No, if it’s two inches I’d be surprised
Sponsored