First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A little concerning that so much of this is still being designed/finalized (different instrument panels, dash types, rear seat back, interior trims, etc.). Seem really odd that more of this wouldn't have already been figured out - unless the recently announced delay is as much about still working out these details as it is suppliers for production.
Remember, originally Job#1 was supposed to have already commenced. I recall in late 2019 - and many times in early 2020 - Ford management-types posting on this forum that everything was already set in stone!
Sponsored

LalasBronco

Badlands
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco (past), 74 Super Beetle, Ram, 70 MG
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you! Excited to potentially see a VB soon! ?

Broncohitis

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm in the aerospace industry, all of that is just another day at the office.

Many of us have seen and commented over the months how Ford was still figuring out everything as they go and that is why the entire release process has been so chaotic. Some said those observations were just a bunch of whinners.

Well now the truth finally comes out that Ford is in fact still trying to figure it out as they go. I'm not speaking about delays due to Covid, that is to be expected. We are talking about Ford management dealing with those impacts and making hard decisions, like maybe the reveal should have been delayed until 2021 or not having interns in charge of so many things or improving customer communications.

Now every new delay and misstep causes some to have less faith for Ford to get the Bronco right in the near term, some of us may choose to wait a couple of years for some of the issues to be resolved.
Head on the nail. I just don't understand Ford's communication platform thus far. I've received 0 emails from Ford, and my previous dealer never discussed the Bronco aside from 'we have no details' (fortunately, I have a new dealer who seems to actually be excited for the Bronco). It's a total bummer with this new delay as it throws a wrench in our plans. Fingers are still crossed, but could Ford start communicating? It's starting to make me wonder if I should wait for MY22 or MY23 before diving in.

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just went to the expo and I asked 1 question:

Does the new month delay mean that previous "late availability" options are now going to be regularly available?

Answer: Late availability options like the modular roof and tailgate will still most likely be late availability, meaning later in 2021.

However! He did say that the way it will work is: you'll place your order however you want with whatever options you want regardless of late availability. Then, once Ford knows the timeframe of your specific build, they'll be able to determine if any of your ordered options will cause a delay in the build process. They'll then reach out to you to let you know which options are going to cause the delay and how long and all that. You'll have the chance at that time to tell them you either don't want those options anymore OR you're okay with waiting till those are available. Basically, in January, order your Bronco how you want and then Ford will let you know close to time of build if you need to remove any options to avoid delay.

So, with the month delay in the whole process, some of us who reserved maybe a few days or weeks after the reservations opened, would probably be looking at an August through October timeframe anyway which means most of the options should be available then and we'll be able to get what we want.

Last edited:

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does the new month delay mean that previous "late availability" options are now going to be regularly available?

Answer: Late availability options like the modular roof and tailgate will still most likely be late availability, meaning later in 2021.

However! He did say that the way it will work is: you'll place your order however you want with whatever options you want regardless of late availability. Then, once Ford knows the timeframe of your specific build, they'll be able to determine if any of your ordered options will cause a delay in the build process. They'll then reach out to you to let you know which options are going to cause the delay and how long and all that. You'll have the chance at that time to tell them you either don't want those options anymore OR you're okay with waiting till those are available. Basically, in January, order your Bronco how you want and then Ford will let you know close to time of build if you need to remove any options to avoid delay.

So, with the month delay in the whole process, some of us who ordered maybe a few days or weeks after the reservations opened, would probably be looking at an August through October timeframe anyway which means most of the options should be available then and we'll be able to get what we want.
That sounds fair enough thank you many.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wish we could get a real answer, or someone to follow up, on the question of suspension differences. I want to know what makes the different, not the difference in height. I get that the taller suspension is taller. I want to know what makes it taller.

Stuff like shock/spring length/rate, control arms, etc. so I have a better idea of what will be needed to modify whatever suspension I get.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

So, with the month delay in the whole process, some of us who ordered maybe a few days or weeks after the reservations opened, would probably be looking at an August through October timeframe anyway which means most of the options should be available then and we'll be able to get what we want.
My man, asking the right questions

Thank you
This is exactly how in my project management mind, the process SHOULD go. Communication is everything. Let people order what they want, and then reach out to the customer to tell them what features will delay their build. Put the power in the customers hands. I even suggested this a few weeks back in some thread. This is great

Thank you kind sir for going. Asking. And then sharing their response
Kudos ?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My man, asking the right questions

Thank you
This is exactly how in my project management mind, the process SHOULD go. Communication is everything. Let people order what they want, and then reach out to the customer to tell them what features will delay their build. Put the power in the customers hands. I even suggested this a few weeks back in some thread. This is great

Thank you kind sir for going. Asking. And then sharing their response
Kudos ?
I just watched a video from Tomball Ford and he was reading off the same sheet and gave the same answer. The only thing I noticed he said that wasn't mentioned here is the black interior may be an upcharge.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Short girls :LOL:
I'm going to put off getting steps for my Bronco to see if I can live without them.

I'm 5'5" with VERY short legs, but I saw the trail rig today in person, and with the grab bar I'll be just fine.

It is about the same step up as my son's 4x4 F-250. I recently bought stirrup steps for him (ok, really I bought them for me) because their was nowhere for me to grab. I could get in his truck just fine if I stuck the tips of my fingers in the rain lip above the door, but that is a little precarious at times and I needed all 8 fingers.

I am sure the grab bar should be enough to hoist myself into my Bronco. I only bought the stirrups for the F-250 because my kid was ok with adding stirrups but refused to mess up his dash adding a grab bar.

If I do end up adding a step, I much prefer a stirrup-type or the more subtle step that's part of the rock rail. But that's just me. I don't like the look of giant tube steps.

CABronco84

Outer Banks
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And Explain 4dr Second Row 60/40 Split-Fold with "RECLINE and ARMREST" mentioned for MGV seats.
Not sure if its the same, but there is something similar in my Edge. The backrow seats have an armrest in the middle that folds down but can fold up for a third person to sit. The arm rest has cup holders. The seats manually recline about 45 degrees for a more comfortable ride for the back passengers. It prob will help if the people in the back are tall or need more head space. The recline is a nice feature.

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

THAT'S the type I might be willing to add. No tube steps for me. Pictures? Are the on Ranger B&P?

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going to put off getting steps for my Bronco to see if I can live without them.

I'm 5'5" with VERY short legs, but I saw the trail rig today in person, and with the grab bar I'll be just fine.

It is about the same step up as my son's 4x4 F-250. I recently bought stirrup steps for him (ok, really I bought them for me) because their was nowhere for me to grab. I could get in his truck just fine if I stuck the tips of my fingers in the rain lip above the door, but that is a little precarious at times and I needed all 8 fingers.

I am sure the grab bar should be enough to hoist myself into my Bronco. I only bought the stirrups for the F-250 because my kid was ok with adding stirrups but refused to mess up his dash adding a grab bar.

If I do end up adding a step, I much prefer a stirrup-type or the more subtle step that's part of the rock rail. But that's just me. I don't like the look of giant tube steps.
My gf is 5' nothing and when we were at Sanderson the other day she got in the BL by holding the door and using the grab handle. It wasn't to bad at all but getting out was a little tougher as she has a bad knee but still doable.

I'm waiting for aftermarket rock rails. They will be much better than the Ford ones which don't bolt to the frame for almost the same price. Also the ones for the Ranger below you can use them as a step too. You can also get them without the added plate.

Ford Bronco International Off-Road Expo: Bronco Photos and Q&A Answers (UPDATED) Ranger Raockrails1

Ford Bronco International Off-Road Expo: Bronco Photos and Q&A Answers (UPDATED) Ranger Rockrails

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Difference between the SAS and Badlands suspension/lift?
Barely any difference. The SAS is ~10mm higher, so step in height is about the same as the badlands with 33s (24” step in base
The 10mm difference has been questioned before. If this is true, how do you explain the stuffed 35” on BL Overland. Also The top Bronco guy at SEMA explained the differences as follows: BL ( lift ) is 10mm over base and Sasquatch is 1 1/2” over base.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure if its the same, but there is something similar in my Edge. The backrow seats have an armrest in the middle that folds down but can fold up for a third person to sit. The arm rest has cup holders. The seats manually recline about 45 degrees for a more comfortable ride for the back passengers. It prob will help if the people in the back are tall or need more head space. The recline is a nice feature.
The question here though is why it's listed for the MGV. We've seen it's on the leather seats but nothing to show that it's actually included on the MGV seats.
Sponsored