First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a total non-problem in this day and age. I bought a house in the US from a Navy destroyer in the Persian Gulf.
But did you buy a Bronco from a navy destroyer in the Persian Gulf? We’re talking about Ford here.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why don’t you (hypothetically) pay them on Oct 2nd 2021 ? And then pay them a reason amount for storing your car for 6 months ?

Business is business. What you are (hypothetically) proposing sounds like freeloading to me. I’m curious what business you are in and if you would tolerate one of your customers behaving in that manner.
I was using a hypothetical number to help exemplify to the other guy why companies need to have policies around these kinds of things, Montana

Reactions: P.C

Brew3x

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Make a plan with the dealer and say I’ll be by on this date to get it. Why’s this even an issue.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would say there technically isn't a certain of day. Because if you order it and a deposit it placed on it. They are not allowed to sell it. If they do; Ford has made it clear that dealers will face penalties if they do so. But it's something I wouldn't test out longer than a couple weeks.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Make a plan with the dealer and say I’ll be by on this date to get it. Why’s this even an issue.
For someone it's bound to be, so it's worth knowing the answer. Someone first page said Tesla gave a customer 48 hrs to pick up their vehicle. I doubt Ford is anywhere near as stringent.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I asked my dealer about this, depending on Covid we plan to spend several weeks in Europe next summer, was told it would not be a problem as long as communicated. Otherwise they have a 48 hr window to pick up your new Bronco or they will sell it to somebody else.
Seems fair enough, as long as delivery date is communicated and the dealer knows when the customer is traveling. I'd not worry about it, just make sure to communicate with your dealer.

OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I asked my dealer about this, depending on Covid we plan to spend several weeks in Europe next summer, was told it would not be a problem as long as communicated. Otherwise they have a 48 hr window to pick up your new Bronco or they will sell it to somebody else.
Seems fair enough, as long as delivery date is communicated and the dealer knows when the customer is traveling. I'd not worry about it, just make sure to communicate with your dealer.
That's a great response. Thanks for sharing! Surprised by the 48 hours but you're right... communication can make all the difference

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is a total non-problem in this day and age. I bought a house in the US from a Navy destroyer in the Persian Gulf.
But your scenario would require paying for the Bronco before picking it up, wouldn't it? I'm guessing you started making mortgage payments as soon as you bought the house.

The big question is under what circumstances can the purchase be put on hold if the truck has already be delivered to the dealer?

I kind of would like to know, too. Because if I have to go get my Bronco at a moment's notice it will involve writing lesson plans for a substitute (and I hate that more than anything).

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What the hell was a Navy destroyer doing with a house in the first place ?

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you finalize the deal and pay the dealer the day it's delivered then it's yours. They can't sell it. 6 days or 6 moths doesn't matter. As for storage that's another issue. They may make a deal with you to store it in the showroom as long as you've paid for it.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
.... They may make a deal with you to store it in the showroom as long as you've paid for it.
Yeah, put it in the showroom so every kid can climb inside it. Every COVID infested shopper can sit inside and grab the steering wheel. Every guy with a big belt buckle or pocket knife with clip in the front pocket can scratch the paint. Ain’t no dealer out there that wants to take the risk of storing your new ride and be responsible for it. They want it off their lot ASAP, less risk for them.

Everybody that has been waiting over a year and spending $50k is gonna go over their Bronco and report every flaw.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Coworker ordered a Tesla. He got the call to pick it up months later. He was given 48 hours to come get it or it would of been sold to some else.
that's odd. doesn't tesla still do home delivery?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No, but my Dad dropped bombs on Nazi Germany from a B-24 built by Ford so I am cutting them some slack.

The ironic part is those Ford planes dropped bombs on Ford plants in Germany, then Ford sued the US for destroying their property. Win, win, win for Ford.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, put it in the showroom so every kid can climb inside it. Every COVID infested shopper can sit inside and grab the steering wheel. Every guy with a big belt buckle or pocket knife with clip in the front pocket can scratch the paint. Ain’t no dealer out there that wants to take the risk of storing your new ride and be responsible for it. They want it off their lot ASAP, less risk for them.

Everybody that has been waiting over a year and spending $50k is gonna go over their Bronco and report every flaw.
I was not serious.

Most dealers will require an additional deposit to place the order. That deposit document will state how long you have to pay for it after it shows up. That might vary by state.
Sponsored