First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
At 57k they can keep that not so special first edition, wait another year add 13k more and warthog's will be commanding 10k over their 70k stickers. You won't be able to touch one of those for under 80k for 5 years and by then they will be 75k +10 more
I don’t care about the WH but would do the FE - I’m paying over 60 for the Wildtrak already.
Sponsored

VGK_Fan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi S5 Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know this article listed the reason for cancelling as the delay, but I imagine there are multiple contributing factors that add up to have someone cancel.

3 month assumed delay (as of now) when you have an old vehicle could be one reason. Lack of communication, price “hike” for automatic transmission with V6 and divisive interiors are some of the well known and talked about issues on these forums.

Less so is the realization that someone sees $28,500 starting price for the Bronco but they need/want 4 doors and the price jumps $6,295 for a base model with no ability to get some creature comforts people have come to expect at this price point.

I also think that some people will cancel once they find out that their September or October reservation is now a MY2022 and who knows when those will start delivering.

Most importantly, there are way too many on this site that think that every person who reserved should be a Bronco enthusiast. There are not 190,000 or anywhere close to that who have waited since 1996 and will wait indefinitely for the new Bronco. A lot of people think it is really cool and they want one. Reality sets in and that cool Bronco isn’t worth the wait.
Good points. Also many of us are on expiring leases and need something to get into. My Audi lease is up in a few months and I was really hoping the Bronco would magically arrive at the same time. Now I have to either extend my lease (I'm thinking Audi will be fine taking my stupid high payment on a 3 year old vehicle for a few more months) or get my wife to make up her mind what she wants next by that time and drive her paid-for vehicle until the Bronco gets delivered. Some people probably don't realize there are options, don't like said options, or are frustrated by the fustercluck that has been the Bronco rollout.

RandyStewart

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am surprised to see an article about it ... could be many more cancellations than we think ... I'm 100% in and waiting it out ..

Ford Bronco Cancellations are making headlines ... 1609255408726

https://fordauthority.com/2020/12/s...g-tired-of-waiting-and-buying-other-vehicles/
I think this is going to be a huge deal. I've got a group chat of old buddies that have disbursed all over the country and 6 of us reserved the Bronco on opening night with one more making a reservation a couple of months later. As of today, there are only 2 of us that still plan to order. The delay is going to knock a significant amount of people out, and any further delay may knock me out.

Top Mach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think going forward we should stop saying things like, “I am ok with the new delay”. Ford is listening. We don’t want them to think it’s acceptable to have more delays. We can use code like, “I am ok with pineapple pizza” or something like that.

ex: I have been waiting for it since 1996 and l am ok with pineapple pizza, but it really does suck.

Sponsored

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It doesn't matter to me if you have been obsessed with the Bronco for decades or if you have just discovered the 2021 and are in love. It doesn't matter if you get a base model or if you buy an FE.

We are all going to wave at each other as we pass, it's just going to happen. It's going to be an unspoken thing. Bronco culture will be like Jeep culture because off-roading requires cooperation, not competition. Cooperation develops community. That's why jeeps wave, that's why a jeep will stop and help. I expect the same from Bronco owners, it's only natural.

Those of us who leave now will be welcomed back with open arms when they return.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All the discussions of people dropping their reservations or Ford messing up a roll out killing said reservation list...I don't know. We've seen less than 20 individuals on here actually post up the deletion of their reservation/purchase of a new ride. Lots of chatter but have we really seen a huge fall off, even with delays and price changes? Doesn't seem so. Lots of complaining for sure, but not so much on the cancellation. At least not here.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Exactly. I picked up a Corolla for $2k to drive for a few months. No big deal. Seems like some might be making excuses for why they have to leave the Bronco for something else.
You can probably get 10 years out of that Corolla if you had to. They go forever.

PLindsey725

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am fine with not getting mine till like Sept/Oct (08/10 resi) so I have some door/roof off weather and have some more time to save money while not having a payment right now.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have seen a couple of people in this forum that "had" FEs reserved and cancelled for some reason.
Well, they SAID that they cancelled. Probably blowing smoke out of their tailpipes.

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Reservations not converting has been expected all along, this is really no news. Whether they cancel in a slow drip or all at once in March, half the 190k are going to vaporize. Nothing to see here...move along.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm ok with this delay so far but I don't know about the next one...............and the next one.............
Who here remembers when Job #1 was Dec. 7, 2020?

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Didn't ford rescind their decision to offer an all black interior on the FE as well.
Not that I know of - but I don’t follow things as close as others ... and I’d actually go with the Navy/Gray anyway - I’m one of the few who think it looks pretty good. The one - and only - thing I dislike about the Wildtrak is the beige dash ... but will live with it!

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Were is Velocity Blue?
With about 3 weeks till the order books open, how hard is it to at least show very color in a build?

Ford if your are listening-

Enough of the juvenile seek and find marketing. Loyal Customers here are willing to order without driving a Bronco and few have had the opportunity to see one. Before the books open, take each build to any Ford dealer to do a "In Stock" photo shoot and post it.
It's the least you can do

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know this article listed the reason for cancelling as the delay, but I imagine there are multiple contributing factors that add up to have someone cancel.

3 month assumed delay (as of now) when you have an old vehicle could be one reason. Lack of communication, price “hike” for automatic transmission with V6 and divisive interiors are some of the well known and talked about issues on these forums.

Less so is the realization that someone sees $28,500 starting price for the Bronco but they need/want 4 doors and the price jumps $6,295 for a base model with no ability to get some creature comforts people have come to expect at this price point.

I also think that some people will cancel once they find out that their September or October reservation is now a MY2022 and who knows when those will start delivering.

Most importantly, there are way too many on this site that think that every person who reserved should be a Bronco enthusiast. There are not 190,000 or anywhere close to that who have waited since 1996 and will wait indefinitely for the new Bronco. A lot of people think it is really cool and they want one. Reality sets in and that cool Bronco isn’t worth the wait.
Hit the nail on the noggin'
Sponsored