Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having a hard time with it myself. My truck is great, and I love it.

But it's got 135k miles and things are breaking on it.

In other words...I still have no idea what I'm doing :D
This is me except 155k miles. ?
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I should honestly do the same thing.. I had to use my down payment money for my roof! Def understand where your coming from!

Look forward to the day you are rocking out in your Hog though! Glad you aren't leaving us for good!!
Getting surprised with a new roof, sucks. I was given notice 2yrs ago 30 days before my insurance renewed (thanks for the heads-up) that I needed to replace my roof. Nothing was wrong with it, but it was approaching the age at which they wouldn't insure. Not many people have the cash on short notice to drop.

@Nickp and @JAGSarge - it frankly sucks to see forum veterans such as yourselves make these adult decisions. Hope to continue to see both of you around.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Dang y’all are both 15k+ miles lower on your trucks than I’ve got on my Jeep! Still tons of life... unless you’re saying your trucks are less reliable than my FCA product? ? (of course the fact that half my Jeep was replaced by geico is beside the point)
Well mine is a 13 Silverado so not exactly a model of excellence and fit/finish. Luckily nothing major just a lot of little things (O2 sensor, window switches, infamous cracked dashboard), but still would like to be out from under it before something major does go lol.
Ford Bronco A goodbye for now my friends 1609880794469

RunninRiot

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Next thing you know Chrispy will tap out. Whatever happened to that guy?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nickp, sorry to hear that, that is a decision wise beyond your years, just to many people over extend themselves. Glad you will be still be around for some snarky memes.
Thanks North. It took a lot of convincing myself that giving up this vehicle I’ve waited so long for was the right call, but at the end of the day I want to have the Bronco be a part of my life. Not be my life. I was realistically looking at $650 a month for 6 years... shit I’ve hardly even been an adult for 6 years. And I definitely haven’t been acting like one for that long(my parents would argue I still am not ?)! Just figured it wasn’t fair to my future self, I’m going to hammer out this last bit on the Jeep payment and live payment free for a while and see what the future holds.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Getting surprised with a new roof, sucks. I was given notice 2yrs ago 30 days before my insurance renewed (thanks for the heads-up) that I needed to replace my roof. Nothing was wrong with it, but it was approaching the age at which they wouldn't insure. Not many people have the cash on short notice to drop.
Oh yeah.. surprised for sure! I'm just happy I gotta job...and it offers unlimited overtime. Def make some kinda down payment back. I'm also glad to get a new roof. One thing I don't have to worry about surprising me for awhile!

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You know there's a master thread for this, right?
/s

Without you, who will crash the first Bronco?
/s

Seriously, though, this is the least cool news about the Bronco rollout... even more than my beloved Man-Squatch being canceled.

If you see me in my Bronco, flip me off instead of waving so I know it's you. Cheers!

Ford Bronco A goodbye for now my friends yxVRIMKo16LRpVgfBu

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

sorry to see you go brother, but it's all for the better! appreciate all the work you've done!

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh yeah.. surprised for sure! I'm just happy I gotta job...and it offers unlimited overtime. Def make some kinda down payment back. I'm also glad to get a new roof. One thing I don't have to worry about surprising me for awhile!
Yeah, I love my new roof. It's gorgeous, but now, I want to replace my siding to bring it up to date and better accentuate the roof. The joys of home ownership...

Sponsored

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They say sometimes the things you own end up owning you.

I have found the bigger the payment the more that is the case. It is very easy to start to resent the item you are in slavery for taking out all the enjoyment of ownership.

I learned this early in marriage when I went in over my head to lease a new minivan. As soon as lease was over and I returned it I bought a cheap beater Aerostar for $800 and enjoyed that thing to no end because it really was mine.

So kudos for the right decision. It sounds like you are young enough you will have plenty of years to enjoy a Bronco in the future.

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Completely understand. Also yesterday I went to buy groceries and saw the most badass Jeep in the parking lot I have ever seen. 2dr very lifted with big tires and some very cool looking wheels. Jeeps rock too!

Slick Rick

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey guys.

I’ve been doing some true soul searching these past few weeks, and I have come to the conclusion that a Bronco is not in my immediate future at this point in my life. Ford has absolutely knocked it out of the park, and I wish I could make it work, but mostly from a financial perspective I just can’t make the Bronco fit. I could absolutely make the payment... but that doesn’t mean I can afford it if that makes sense. And I definitely can’t afford to beat the crap out of it like I want to. And if I did a lesser build I know I’d kick myself down the road. So my plan at this point is to keep the Jeep and put a bit of money in it and see how things go these next few years, and hopefully save up a bit more to make the payment a little less of something to max out my budget. Thank you all for all the laughs and good times, and I know I’m going to be jealous as shit when I start seeing these bad boys rolling down the street. Y’all will definitely get a wave from me, hopefully I’ll get a wave back but I wouldn’t blame ya if ya didn’t.

I’ll still lurk around a bit so don’t expect to get rid of me completely. I’ll still have some snarky memes or minimized sarcasm aplenty so don’t get too comfortable!

Also a P.S. I’m a day 1 reservation so most of y’all just moved up in line!
Here is wishing you the best! GOD bless.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah, I love my new roof. It's gorgeous, but now, I want to replace my siding to bring it up to date and better accentuate the roof. The joys of home ownership...
Yes! The joys of home ownership!! Def understand why more people chose to live in a van down by the river!! ?

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Damn! I was wondering why I hadn't seen you around in awhile. Figured this had to be it. Best of luck Sarge.
Sad to see both of you go. My wife is hinting she may want to keep her 4Runner, so I may suffer the same fate. We'll see. Just got my Bronco sweater in the mail, so I'll stick it out for now ?

Not sure why this is the first time I noticed your first name is Joe. Having a hard time not calling you Sarge?
Maybe by the time you're ready, they'll have an Army green version. I still have a camouflaged wheel cover that will match. Take care and stay in touch
Sponsored