First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If this is really how it is going to go down, it will be a huge spit in the face to anyone who put a reservation in the first week and doesn't get a Bronco. This was supposed to be a customer-driven purchase process and Ford may have just changed the rules. I'm trying to stay level headed, but as a true Bronco person, to think I went through all the crap they put us through and stuck by them without bashing and not get one will put me over the edge.
Sponsored

jasminekd

Big Bend
First Name
Jasmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Isn't the order based on reservation time stamp? So if they transfer, they would just be inserted according to their time stamp within the new dealer orders list?
I'm wondering about that too - if someone switches their dealer like today or tomorrow before order banks open - wouldn't they be put in order of their reservation timestamp? if not, why wouldn't they?

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So is the allocation number the total number of Broncos a dealership can even place an order for?
Or can a dealership place hundreds more than their allocation and only a few will get fulfilled in a given timeframe?
The later. But...what is the time frame? I am suspecting all of 2021.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well that's great for you,, now that you've locked everyone into a res. And now get to drag them through the ringer for the next 18 months. TRUTH FUCKIN SUCKS!
What are you talking about?

There's plenty of info from Ford, and on this forum... with more coming out by the day (especially apparently today perhaps)... AND the dealer switch deadline still hasn't happened yet.

Sure, it sucks not knowing *exactly* what is going to happen, but we're learning more by the hour, and in the big scheme of things, there's way more reservations than MY21 Broncos... so if you're not already emotionally prepared to wait for your Bronco, I don't know what to tell you.

::EDIT::

Are you confusing me with Zach@Granger?

Last edited:

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I disagree. If you see my example above, there is a possibility of a situation where it would help.

Small Dealer has 8 allocations
Big Dealer has 100 allocations

Your reservation timestamp puts you 9th in line at Small Dealer, but would put you 80th in line at Big Dealer and you would get a MY21
True enough. But that 100 takes boatloads of things into account. Reservations would have some input into it. Since they do then there would need to be a very large number for Big Dealer. Small Dealer would also be smaller on everything too but the rough ration would still have a say. I can't say it right but "Yes there is a chance that swapping dealers might help you get into the allocation band sooner. I just don't see it as readily possible."

Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Your reservation* timestamp, and not the date that you place your order with your dealer, will be used to determine when your Bronco gets produced. Other factors for final delivery timing include vehicle model and configuration selected, part constraints, and the number of Bronco vehicles your dealer will receive.

If you have the earliest reservation and your dealer has 10 allocated and your the 11th order you will still get your Bronco and one of the other guys will be shafted. Unless the dealer decides not to put in your order. You have until the middle of March to place your order and still keep your spot.
People are saying it used to be reservation date/time/number would be how Broncos are built with some variation due to build efficiencies and commodity constraints. Now, with dealer allocation, you compete not only against the entire reservation pool, but also within your dealer’s reservation pool. That allocation is based on a number of factors and to the consumer, we have no real insight into how those factors play into our deliveries.

Now it seems allocations are known. Sounds like some dealers are well below what they expected which sucks for that dealer and their customers.

It opens a new can of worms with people moving their reservation around. Could you be bumped by someone else even after you were told the allocation numbers and your place because other people transferred their reservation to your dealer? As of now, we don’t know.

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are you talking about?

There's plenty of info from Ford, and on this forum... with more coming out by the day (especially apparently today perhaps)... AND the dealer switch deadline still hasn't happened yet.

Sure, it sucks not knowing *exactly* what is going to happen, but we're learning more by the hour, and in the big scheme of things, there's way more reservations than MY21 Broncos... so if you're not already emotionally prepared to wait for your Bronco, I don't know what to tell you.
I think he may be confusing you for Zach at Granger.

BBB

First Name
Tont
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don’t mind, just more time to save up. I just hope it doesn’t get bad and it becomes my23

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Since when? Everything I've read is that your reservation time stamp is the only thing that matters. You can put your order in up till the middle of March with no effect.
Yes you can still order it but it does not mean you will receive it in calendar year 2021. Build is determined by; time stamp, commodities available and lastly how many Broncos each Dealer is slated to receive in 2021. The Bronco Manager has covered this a few times in the videos. A lot of people will be shocked by that last part.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think he may be confusing you for Zach at Granger.
Oh!!!!

Hahaha.

That makes sense.

Truth-be-told, sometimes I see something @Zach@Granger posts and I get really confused because I don't remember having typed it...

Though, sometimes I do enter a fugue state and go on a B6G posting spree... so I don't waste too much time worrying about it.

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I reserved on 9/10 so I should be getting one sometime this year I would think.

It doesn't matter though. I thankfully don't need a car right now and it gives me time to think about what color I want (Area51/Carbonized Grey)

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Most adults should be able to handle it. If they are in a situation where they absolutely NEED a vehicle then making a reservation for a Bronco to be purchased in a year probably wasn't their move in the first place.

Personally, if this pushes me into MY 22, I'm cool with that. I'm hoping for a mean green machine!
Same boat here..... I'm not even going to bother my dealer at this point about when I can order or any updates etc.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Stay tuned