Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Indeed on that last line...as someone else commented here, I cannot imagine Ford would want their dealers to have zero Broncos on lots WELL into Calendar Year 2022....
Toyota did that with early Prius'. Carried a 9 month+ wait list for the first couple years and made bank.

Benzo520

Wildtrak
First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just found out Iā€™m #7 in line at my dealership. I hope that means I get a June delivery

NotAnonymous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Toyota did that with early Prius'. Carried a 9 month+ wait list for the first couple years and made bank.
Damn...that's interesting - though zero doubt Toyota rocked that money train.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have a 7/14 reservation. My wife thinks I should wait for a 2022 so all the supplychain dust settles and the kinks get worked out, and maybe xplan get turned on. I want Cyber Orange.

She looks at me with doubt when I tell her that if I order a 2021, and something comes out in the 2022 that I wish I had, I could sell that 2021 pretty quickly for close to what I bought it for. (This may be the biggest reason to get an auto transmission - risk mitigation.)

Sponsored

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Stop worrying about allocations.

Your dealership will get enough allocations to fulfill all reservations. It is just a matter of when.

This is my best guess as to what we can expect to happen with allocations and reservations:

Come Jan 19, Ford is allocating the first batch of reservations. As cancelations come in, more people will be given the opportunity to get their orders in before the March 19th cutoff date, but it's going to be a minority of all reservations that get to order before March 19th

I am saying that the allocation is tied to the reservation. that if a dealer fails to convert a reservation, they will loose that allocation. So if someone in Maryland cancels, it could be that someone in California is next in line. The MD dealership looses an allocation, and the CA dealership will gain one.

Ford is not going to let a dealership cancel all of their reservations to get a parking lot full of 2021 Broncos. This is why i think the allocation is strictly tied to the reservation.

Sometime later, probably in April, the second batch of reservations will be allocated. It's the same deal as above, allocations tied to the reservation, as reservations are canceled, the allocations adjust. A lot of you will move up from MY2022 to MY2021s.

Then, sometime around August, the first of the 22my reservations will be allocated to whatever dealerships the reservation was placed. Depending on things, Ford might start mixing in Dealership Stock allocations.

This is the part everyone is worried about the most:

What happens if my dealership does not get enough allocations?

It's not going to happen. Ford will honor your reservation and the allocation is tied to the reservation. Your dealership will be allocated any outstanding reservations. The question comes in as to when you will be allowed to order, and then when will that Bronco be built? Never "Will my dealership be able to honor my reservation? That sounds so silly to me.

Allocations will not effect dealerships until all reservations are filled or cancelled, and that conversion rate is going to be factored in to their dealership stock allocation.

This means yes, negotiate for price.

Omwil297

Base
First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 xj
Your Bronco Model
Base
As much as you guys worry about getting yours too late i'm hoping that enough people stay in that I don't take delivery till feb 22 at earliest

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I'm getting pushed to '22, please make "Guard" one of the new colors Levine hinted at.

Ford Bronco Bronco allocations released to dealers 1610651920188

JeR2D2

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like that number, as a second day reservationist.
Same I reserved on 7/14 so I feel pretty good about getting mine by June/July

Lease is up on current car in June so worst case scenario I share car with wife for a month or two while I wait

KVK

Black Diamond
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09ā€™ F150, 89ā€™ Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Late September reservation.... So Iā€™ll place my order before 19 March 2021 and Iā€™m looking to have my Bronco in Spring of 2022. Sweet!
Ford Bronco Bronco allocations released to dealers 1610652067044

Sponsored

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That is for sure the 22million$ question. outside of late availability and with the bulk of reservations in that first 2 week curve leading edge. I would say the best odds would be within the first 24hrs and after about 3-4 days the odds dropping quickly.

Now the key will be the late availability and pull through rate. I think there is going to be a drop at time of order clearing out multi reservations and the first round of tire kickers. Then a smaller drop at financing since prices and order commitment should have cut the bulk.

So where in the reservation date window does the drop out happen...biggest opportunity is IMHO in that first 3 week window of course as there are more reservations. Will it be linier or will after x date have a worse fall out rate?

Not time to freak out yet but maybe be realistic...and prepare for bad news...and hope for good news.
I think itā€™ll be a linear cancellation rate. As dealers begin to contact customers a certain amount will bail. Weā€™re a bunch of zealots, so you canā€™t use our reactions to gauge the general public.

Heck, the average B6G member knows more than many Ford salesmen.

Rickey498

Big Bend
First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Interesting, it seems that each dealer is allowed to handle their business as they see fit.

My dealer has said that if they receive 100 allocations, they will contact customers based upon their reservation number. When they reach 100 orders they will no longer accept any further orders, until they receive their second allocation and the process starts over again. So waiting until later in February of March will result in not being able to order at all- even if you have a low reservation number.

They have also said that customers will be responsible for entering the orders, as we will NOT be allowed into the dealership to place orders due to COVID-19.

Are dealers receiving more than one allocation for 2021 models?
If this is the case, Ford is going to lose a lot of business.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I really hope Ford sets a fire somewhere else in Bronco forest to distract people bc I really canā€™t handle B6G reading tea leaves for 5 months to determine when theyā€™re taking delivery

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Eh, it was always iffy for me if I was going to get a MY21. My first res at my local dealer is from 7/26 and then I placed a second with Granger in October for the $2K off invoice program they had. The more we've been learning about supply constraints and late availability of some items the more I was resolved to it being a MY22. I want a dual top 4-dr Badlands with the V-6. Pushing it out is not a big deal to me and might open up a white top, new body colors, who knows what else? I don't *need* a vehicle, hell I hardly even drive the ones I have now, I just *want* a new Bronco to have something to do when I finally retire.

I expect some people (not me, I'm in the line down the block and around the corner) that find they are just falling out of their dealer's allocation window may find they move up as I think the reservation conversion to order percentage will be a lot lower than some on here have been assuming. There's a lot of moving parts in play here and the only thing we can be really sure of is that things will remain fluid.

SupremoSombrero

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just got an email from my Zone manager with our allocation, I'm hoping its very wrong, but if its not we only got enough allocation to fill our 7/14 and 7/15 orders. I'm hoping its an error, but things could be about to get ugly.

Edit- Just talked to the zone rep, number was correct. He said it was about 30% of the reservations (by 9/18) for most dealers and that matches mine. He did say to remember that this was the estimate, it will change based on the number of reservations that cancel, and they're expecting more cancellations at certain dealers so he's hoping that the number will go up as they loose allocations.
This is the ā€˜area under the curveā€™ issue we were analyzing in another thread. The There is a massive spike in 7/13 and 7/14 reservations - and these are likely 79% of the 190,000z
Sponsored