Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's all speculation at this point.

Just my simple math. The production capacity for 2021 MY is approximately 70,000.

There's roughly 200,000 reservations let's say 70% (I think that's high) convert to orders. That means half of reservations will be a 2022 MY Bronco.

How many of our reservation holders want a black painted top? How many want a mansquatch? How many wanted a painted white top? 2.7L engine? Etc.

There's so many moving parts, I'd hate to tell someone they're out when we could get them one. I'd also hate to over-promise without knowing I can get it done. At this point it's pure speculation.

I can guarantee you that we will do our best on the dealer level to treat our customers well.

No crazy dealer fees, easy communication and try to treat our customers the way we'd like to be treated.
Yeah, I'm a math guy, so I'm figuring dealers will get allocations in the mid 30% range....my 8/14 looks unlikely to get fulfilled in the next year.
Sponsored

Jabo77

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Holy Sh&$...

I just reached out to my dealer thinking it was a small dealership and my chances were good-ish. Just found out they have over 400 reservations and I was early 7/16 reservation.

Appears I’ll be in the class of 2022!

Maybe I can convince my wife to let me have both Jeep 392 and a Bronco?!? ??

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yeah, I'm a math guy, so I'm figuring dealers will get allocations in the mid 30% range....my 8/14 looks unlikely to get fulfilled in the next year.
You need to order a 4dr soft top big bend manual to get a 2021.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've said it before and I'll say it again. The true test is when the numbers come out in April or May after the orders are converted.

The allocation was about where I was anticipating things to be. There are some headwinds with a shorter production run, etc. But overall I think we're in good shape.
I spoke to my dealer today. He read me the info he got. I can not quote his exact words. I was on my cell. Had I been in the office, I could write it word for word. (all calls recorded)
He said the allocations for each dealer is an "estimate". Probably not far off from accurate. He has 8 reservations and 4 allocations. THat may change to 5, maybe even 6. Might go down to 3...
I think I am 5th. I do not want to wait for a 2022, but I will if I have to.
We discussed the factors that will change when you get yours. Here are a few things we discussed. The bean counters at Ford are working overtime to figure out all this stuff.

1) Reservation number/date
2) Allocations for the dealer (may change as people cancel reservations and all the below factors plus more)
3) Late availability parts. He thinks the 2.7 is going to be SUPER popular and going to be NASTY strong in the Bronco. Best rated engine in the Ford stable right now with the least warranty repairs.
A) Who knows how many 2.7's are allocated to Bronco's of the total that are built.
B) black painted hard top
C) Mansquatch... ETC
4) Package. Higher packages are, in his MANY years of experience, going to be the most popular for the first model year. Some people may get kicked to MY22 because they will not make all Wildtraks and Badlands. He thinks they will limit the number of each package. ALL FE's will be built that are ordered (obviously).
5) Actual reservations that get converted to orders. Some people have multiple reservations. Some people have already bought a vehicle and want to wait until MY22.
6) plus lots of other factors that we did not discuss or do not even know about.

Zach@GRanger, Squatch and ZackDanger and a couple others seem to have a really good feel for how all this is shaking out. Listen to those guys. It is not time to jump ship on your dealer yet.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Holy Sh&$...

I just reached out to my dealer thinking it was a small dealership and my chances were good-ish. Just found out they have over 400 reservations and I was early 7/16 reservation.

Appears I’ll be in the class of 2022!

Maybe I can convince my wife to let me have both Jeep 392 and a Bronco?!? ??
1 of my dealers is ignoring me.

Sponsored

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

(PNG Image, 835 × 281 pixels).png

sigh, while some folks seems to be gleefully announcing certain people are screwed big time... let's do some math estimation before falling into a pit of doom and gloom. Ford had 165k reservations in the first two weeks, from the chart on this forum (above) showing distribution of reservation dates, the data is locked so I cannot get an exact number in the first two days, but it eyeballs upwards of 80% was in the first two days.

Three assumptions (which may be false and skew everything, make no mistake, but I believe they are all conservative and will be fairly close)

(assumptions) My first assumption is that the dealer is assuming 100% conversion rate at their specific dealership and the second is that the 80% or so reservations in the first two days holds true for reservations off the forum as well. The third is that Ford gave them a number for allocations and not a percentage of their reservations (which is almost certainly true)

So right off the bat (if the assumptions hold) the dealer has allocations for 80% of all their reservations if they are allocated enough to cover the first two days worth.

If the dealer converts at the 70% (see assumptions for all numbered items) rate which is Ford's best estimate of the conversion rate, will yield some interesting results. (using 200 reservations in the first two days at a hypothetical dealer in the math to come, just so give a better feel for what is happening, it would scale to nationwide if the assumptions are vailid)

1) If 80% of all their reservations were in the first two days and they had 200, then they have 200/0.8 or 250 reservations all together.

2) Since we are arbitrarily fixing the number of reservations in the first two days at 200 and the dealer says they have allocations for that many, they got 200 allocations.

3) if the dealer just took those 200 allocations and went down the list until they counted 200 slots they covered the first two days. That means the dealer assumed 100% conversion rate, meaning 200 (80%) get their '21 and the remaining 50 get a '22 (20%) (maybe true maybe not true, we will circle back at the end).

If the dealer (and by extension most/all dealers) get the 70% conversion rate Ford expects and this dealer still gets 200 units allocated, but will only use 140 of his 200 allocations on the first 200 reservations that gives another 60 for the rest of the post first two day orders. That covers all of them even if they got 100% conversion on the last 50 reservations.

If the reservations convert at lower than 70%, it will mean even more people get their truck in 2021.

Bottom line is that, worst case, 80% of people get a '21 and best case is all of them do with allocations left over, which fits in with Ford having around 30 weeks of production available @ 5000ish units a week on average (150k total units produced) and 195K reservations (70% of which would be 136500 units requested).

This is actually extremely positive news for people that want a '21 and not so great for anyone who wants to be pushed to a '22 unless they are making a reservation today (and if they cancel an earlier one, the move back up one in line as well, so it may not make a difference at all if the commodities all come through.)

to be more precise would require the actual two day numbers from the chart at the top, and verification that the dealer got a set number of allocations (the real number is not needed, just verification it was an actual number and not a percentage)

of course just an exercise in percentages and assumptions, the key take away is even if dealers only get enough allocations to cover the first couple of days, it is almost all the reservations and the remaining ones are going to come relatively quickly.
Ford Bronco Bronco allocations released to dealers 1610648940046

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

At the end of July there were 150,000 reservations. Ford estimates a 75% conversion of reservations to orders - 112,500. (High in my opinion, but we’ll use it)
Dealer allocations seem to be around 30% - so 33,750 orders allocated. The plant can build 600 a day, So that’s up to the end of July’s production. They won’t stop building from Aug - Dec.
The allocations will get increased as units move into consumption.
July’s, and probably Aug’s, reservations will be MY21
IMHO ???

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

sigh, while some folks seems to be gleefully announcing certain people are screwed big time... let's do some math estimation before falling into a pit of doom and gloom. Ford had 165k reservations in the first two weeks, from the chart on this forum (above) showing distribution of reservation dates, the data is locked so I cannot get an exact number in the first two days, but it eyeballs upwards of 80% was in the first two days.

Three assumptions (which may be false and skew everything, make no mistake, but I believe they are all conservative and will be fairly close)

(assumptions) My first assumption is that the dealer is assuming 100% conversion rate at their specific dealership and the second is that the 80% or so reservations in the first two days holds true for reservations off the forum as well. The third is that Ford gave them a number for allocations and not a percentage of their reservations (which is almost certainly true)

So right off the bat (if the assumptions hold) the dealer has allocations for 80% of all their reservations if they are allocated enough to cover the first two days worth.

If the dealer converts at the 70% (see assumptions for all numbered items) rate which is Ford's best estimate of the conversion rate, will yield some interesting results. (using 200 reservations in the first two days at a hypothetical dealer in the math to come, just so give a better feel for what is happening, it would scale to nationwide if the assumptions are vailid)

1) If 80% of all their reservations were in the first two days and they had 200, then they have 200/0.8 or 250 reservations all together.

2) Since we are arbitrarily fixing the number of reservations in the first two days at 200 and the dealer says they have allocations for that many, they got 200 allocations.

3) if the dealer just took those 200 allocations and went down the list until they counted 200 slots they covered the first two days. That means the dealer assumed 100% conversion rate, meaning 200 (80%) get their '21 and the remaining 50 get a '22 (20%) (maybe true maybe not true, we will circle back at the end).

If the dealer (and by extension most/all dealers) get the 70% conversion rate Ford expects and this dealer still gets 200 units allocated, but will only use 140 of his 200 allocations on the first 200 reservations that gives another 60 for the rest of the post first two day orders. That covers all of them even if they got 100% conversion on the last 50 reservations.

If the reservations convert at lower than 70%, it will mean even more people get their truck in 2021.

Bottom line is that, worst case, 80% of people get a '21 and best case is all of them do with allocations left over, which fits in with Ford having around 30 weeks of production available @ 5000ish units a week on average (150k total units produced) and 195K reservations (70% of which would be 136500 units requested).

This is actually extremely positive news for people that want a '21 and not so great for anyone who wants to be pushed to a '22 unless they are making a reservation today (and if they cancel an earlier one, the move back up one in line as well, so it may not make a difference at all if the commodities all come through.)

to be more precise would require the actual two day numbers from the chart at the top, and verification that the dealer got a set number of allocations (the real number is not needed, just verification it was an actual number and not a percentage)

of course just an exercise in percentages and assumptions, the key take away is even if dealers only get enough allocations to cover the first couple of days, it is almost all the reservations and the remaining ones are going to come relatively quickly.
That was a lot of work...unfortunately Ford has said building 70K Broncos in MY21 is their goal, and your assumed number is almost double that. A lot less people will be getting them than you've figured for.

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is great and I know you will always treat your customers right, which is why many are going to stick
This is great and I know you will always treat your customers right, which is why many are going to stick with you. We know you things will change as you've mentioned and will this impact who gets a Bronco and when.

But in the meantime, can you please share what your preliminary allocation # is - so we can get a broad sense of how many you may be able to get versus the 1200+ Reservations you have?

Asking for some friends...

I think our situation is probably not the norm for most other dealers. Since the majority of our reservations came after the October 1st date.

But from what I know, our allocation percentage is in line with other dealers.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here's what I have concluded...

At least half of the 'experts' on this forum must be wrong, because they contradict everything that is stated as fact by the other set of 'experts'. I'm not an expert. I teach fifth grade, and these differences of 'facts' remind me of what my students sound like when they debate politics or religion or their 'dating' lives.

This forum has all the same personalities of my classroom. We have know-it-alls, we have class clowns, one or two bullies to make sure everyone is as anxiety-filled as they are, quiet and mellow (chill) kids that just observe and judge quietly, and a few kids that will be sweet, kind and patient no matter the chaos surrounding them.

I have a November timestamp, so I'm going to sit back and smile, like I do when my 11 year olds attempt to enlighten me with their hard-earned, lifelong gems of wisdom.

Your work is due by the end of class!!!
When I was in 5th grade I don't remember even caring about politics, religion, or even dating.:unsure:

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is a question that might have already been answered though I haven't seen it. After a dealer receives their first part of their allocation of Broncos, do they keep receiving part of their allotments until all their orders are filled? If so, has Ford indicated how spaced out these deliveries will be? I apologize if I'm not wording it correctly and confusing everyone :unsure:

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ur too smart and I’m too dumb to figure all of what you just said, but it makes sense to my cornfed, whiskey drinkin ass..I think

PrevCYBRTRKrez

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4dr Badlands, 2020 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have received our allocation numbers and we're digesting the info and other info that's been made available to us. Allocation will be a factor, however, at this time, commodities/supply chain issues will probably have as much effect. We should have more info and sent out to our customers within 24 hours.

/john
Thank you for your response. I look forward to the email.

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Downside, no way I am getting a MY 21 Bronco. Upside, by the time I can get one I won't have to trade in my Mustang for it and will have two badass rides. I will find a way to cope.