Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Frank is not a pussy.
I just refuse to order a vehicle when not only they cant give me a ball park on delivery, they cant tell me what model year I am getting...and Ford is teasing me with a possible V8 Gen3 Raptor. Well, if I am going to wait anyway, might as well.

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The $1000 deposit is not a big deal to me. What bothers me is the non-refundable part.
That's B.S. and I would call Ford customer service or whomever it is in Detroit that is handling Bronco and tell them about that dealer.
If they say it's fine then I would find a new dealer. I bet they won't though.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are ordering a vehicle made to your specs, and my understanding is the dealership is penalized if you donā€™t purchase your vehicle after order (is that correct?)
A $1000 deposit seems pretty reasonable to me. My dealer is asking for a $3000 deposit, but thatā€™s not an issue because I know Iā€™m taking it home. If youā€™re unsure then you might want to try your luck elsewhere.
Ford has implemented a ā€˜Name Match Integrity Policyā€™ for 21MY Bronco sales. This policy imposes heavy penalties for repeat violations if a dealer doesnā€™t maintain a ratio of >80% of its converted reservations (aka orders) to the original customer (see below).

Unfortunately, its pretty easy for dealers to game the system until they hit the violation triggers. Some dealers may require little or no additional deposit, or make the deposit fully refundable, in hopes that customers will walk away at delivery. Then they can turn around and sell the ordered Bronco on the lot with additional dealer markup to normal retail customers who simply visit the dealership, due to high demand and limited availability.

Ford Bronco Dealer said $1000 nonrefundable fee? 3429EF22-FB34-488A-9D3E-E061B3E5F3F5

gigidaho

Wildtrak
First Name
Gig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The $1000 deposit is not a big deal to me. What bothers me is the non-refundable part.
That's B.S. and I would call Ford customer service or whomever it is in Detroit that is handling Bronco and tell them about that dealer.
If they say it's fine then I would find a new dealer. I bet they won't though.
I hate to point out the obvious but... Why would you bother collecting a deposit if itā€™s refundable?

Ultimately you have the choice to shop other dealers, decide if the trade off of increased travel time is worth it to you to avoid a deposit. But I donā€™t understand getting upset with a dealer for doing totally normal practices to protect their business.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Spoke to dealer, planning on putting the order in Monday. Dealer said $1000 nonrefundable fee at order time. Anybody else hear about that?
i Paid 400 plus the 100 from reservation night for 500 total 1000 seems high but if you plan on buying it itā€™s going towards the price of the vehicle only if you back out itā€™s a problem. It donā€™t get how some dealers are charging more than 500

Sponsored
OP
OP
95buckeye

95buckeye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just refuse to order a vehicle when not only they cant give me a ball park on delivery, they cant tell me what model year I am getting...and Ford is teasing me with a possible V8 Gen3 Raptor. Well, if I am going to wait anyway, might as well.
Exactly. When we start talking real, nonrefundable money, I need more than just a ā€œwellllll, one day itll be here, we can let you know in Mayā€. Tell me a concrete date and Ill be happy to pay up. Maybe they should give me a $1000 deposit in case I get a 2022 ?

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

First new car for some of y'all??
Lol
Iā€™m thinking so. This also has been talked about on here dozens of times. Lots of variables involved. Some dealers are asking for the moon, some for nothing. Not that uncommon but if thatā€™s a driver, plenty asking for nothing.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ohio dealer? Which one?

Too easy to switch to another dealer, plenty of time. I would think 500 refundable is acceptable.

Life is too crazy right now for 1000 nonrefundable.
Sure people have money to burn, but I'm not one of them:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Jhicks

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford has implemented a ā€˜Name Match Integrity Policyā€™ for 21MY Bronco sales. This policy imposes heavy penalties for repeat violations if a dealer doesnā€™t maintain a ratio of >80% of its converted reservations (aka orders) to the original customer (see below).

Unfortunately, its pretty easy for dealers to game the system until they hit the violation triggers. Some dealers may require little or no additional deposit, or make the deposit fully refundable, in hopes that customers will walk away at delivery. Then they can turn around and sell the ordered Bronco on the lot with additional dealer markup to normal retail customers who simply visit the dealership, due to high demand and limited availability.

Ford Bronco Dealer said $1000 nonrefundable fee? 3429EF22-FB34-488A-9D3E-E061B3E5F3F5
The penalty for the dealerships that fall below the 80% delivery rate is the loss of a months allocation of Bronco inventory. For the dealer it is critical that the person that orders the Bronco is the person that takes delivery.

OP
OP
95buckeye

95buckeye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The penalty for the dealerships that fall below the 80% delivery rate is the loss of a months allocation of Bronco inventory. For the dealer it is critical that the person that orders the Bronco is the person that takes delivery.
Wouldnt that also punish the people with reservations at that dealership if dealer gets fewer allocations? It seems like that would irritate people enough to drop out thus creating a vicious cycle.
Sponsored