North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I didn't walk. I already owned my travel trailer and had no way to tow, waited six weeks for the truck and had spent days negotiating with other local dealers who told me they couldn't give me a better deal. I did threaten to walk, and they gave me an additional $1000 for my trade, which wasn't too bad of a deal for the tax benefit. I'll do a better job next time of getting "out the door" price on paper. Doesn't help that the salesman I had originally negotiated with left the dealer halfway through my special order process. I'll probably look for a different dealer, but the one I went with has the highest volume in my area so usually can beat anybody else's price. Plus all the other dealers said they "were required" to add on the $1500 worth of crap too. They were just upfront about it.
Agreed, written OTD pricing is a must.
Sponsored

Lobstar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW Golf R /// 1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I HIGHLY doubt all 20+ places would try to do this
But they don't have to TRY. Only Ford can determine supply. If each of those 20+ only get 10 that's 200+ cars with most likely WAY more people trying to buy the hottest new SUV on the market that's been delayed for 7+ years. I want a few ounces of whatever the fuck you're smoking. Did you read where the entire first year of the Mach E is already sold out??

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But they don't have to TRY. Only Ford can determine supply. If each of those 20+ only get 10 that's 200+ cars with most likely WAY more people trying to buy the hottest new SUV on the market that's been delayed for 7+ years. I want a few ounces of whatever the fuck you're smoking. Did you read where the entire first year of the Mach E is already sold out??
I'll respond - but you don't strike me as the type to consider anything past your self-righteous rage.

When the Eco-boost first appeared in 2011,there was no shortage of them. The new hotness was everywhere such that it was difficult for me to find the V8 version that I wanted. I paid no premium for the less fancy V8 nor did I find any price difference between the first gen Eco-Boost and the truck I have in my driveway. I'm sure that pisses you off.

My daughter and I play a game as we drive where we try and find the 2-door Wrangler amongst a sea SUJeeps. They are few and far between. I find it highly probable the 4-Door will outsell the 2-door. Not sure if you are frothing at this point, though.

The Mach-E is a different type of lifestyle vehicle more prone to panic-buying. Why, you are probably screaming right now, because the electric car market has a lot less options than the oversaturated SUV market. Take a breath. Relax. You can finish this.

The article states "some buyers are reporting...". While I can see you flipping out because you think that has to be 90% of all dealerships, in fact nearly all reports exaggerate to elicit emotional responses. The dealer markup can just as easily be 5 dealerships in major cities. But you bring up a good point. Did I even read the & $#%@#$& article? Did you? There is a list of 30 ish dealerships (and growing) who are not marking up the price.

Whoa! Put the computer down! You don't need to smash it, man. Chill. We are just chatting here.

You are on a Bronco fan-site. The passion and interest is much more magnified here than in the rest of the world.

What may seem like 'Aaaah! Bronco!!!' here will be met with 'another SUV, cool' to other segments. And this may make you explode, get ready: 'Ford is making a Jeep?' to others. I would not be surprised if most people only recently found out about the Bronvo because of the July 9th /birthday reveal timing. I admit, that pissed me off, too.

In the end you may be right. Bronco may end up being a 70,000 dollar vehicle because people will just fall in love with it and there is so much demand for an SUV that dealerships will have us by the balls. (I'm sorry if I assumed your gender, there. It is a figure of speech, only).

But you know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna wait it out. And when everyone else starts going to Jeep because they are "more affordable" or spend a little more money for a Land Rover, the dealer premiums you are convinced are coming will go away. Or I'll just buy a used one from someone who bought a 2-door and then realized they needed a Raptor or 4-door version.

That's it. You made it. Now get out there and beat up some grass so you can have a better day.

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

have us by the balls. (I'm sorry if I assumed your gender, there. It is a figure of speech, only).
That's why you should use "gonads" instead of "balls." Its denotation is gender neutral (it can be either testes or ovaries, and that right there is science, kids).

When used as slang, it's assumed to be referring to testes, but if anyone calls you out and says "But I'm a lady, you dolt!", you can just be like "You may be a woman, but you ain't no lady, and the word 'gonads' is gender neutral because it can be either testes or ovaries, and that right there is science, kids."

danzy55

Base
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2003 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just one more reason to pray for a future world without dealerships....and the uninformed bothersome staff they employ.
Now that would be awesome! Interesting I dropped off my Gladiator at my local dealer this morning for a oil change, he told me they have gotten rid of all the sales men, kept 3 managers and moving forward that's it. Last month they still sold 108 Jeeps without sales people on the floor all online and via appointment.

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish I could find a dealer in TX like that. Seems like here they're all banding together to price gouge everyone. ...
That is literally what the dealership system is all about, and it's how they can afford to line the pockets of politicians and keep it that way.

If only the Thieves Guild is legally allowed to sell new automobiles, and the Thieves Guild gets to decide who is allowed to sell and what shakedown territory each dealer gets, it can be no surprise that they operate essentially like a monopoly and not in the best interest of the consumer.

Lobstar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW Golf R /// 1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like someone who hasn't tried buying any Ford during the release period. They suck at order fulfillment, even worse when it involves overseas deliveries (fucking RS), and dealers often abandon agreements as soon as a customer is willing to pay even a small bit more. I had this problem with my Focus ST, RS, and GT350. I'm sure no one from California who will enjoy ridiculous markup will ever think to cross state lines to purchase a vehicle from some podunk "I sell F-150s to farmers" dealership that's over-allocated. It's definitely never happened lol. I'll try once again and maybe get on the early list. And then watch like surprised pikachu as dealerships get the first allotments before pre-orders and who knows what else. I'm sure Sync4 takes your daughter's virginity or something.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sounds like someone who hasn't tried buying any Ford during the release period. They suck at order fulfillment, even worse when it involves overseas deliveries (fucking RS), and dealers often abandon agreements as soon as a customer is willing to pay even a small bit more. I had this problem with my Focus ST, RS, and GT350. I'm sure no one from California who will enjoy ridiculous markup will ever think to cross state lines to purchase a vehicle from some podunk "I sell F-150s to farmers" dealership that's over-allocated. It's definitely never happened lol. I'll try once again and maybe get on the early list. And then watch like surprised pikachu as dealerships get the first allotments before pre-orders and who knows what else. I'm sure Sync4 takes your daughter's virginity or something.
You could have added Raptor to that list also. All prime examples of vehicles you'll over pay for. Raptor guys started buying out of state when dealers advertised good deals on the Raptor Forums site. An Explorer becomes much more attractive when you can get good incentives and plan pricing.

cclkramer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 ford f350 diesel dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went to the dealership today where I placed my order. I talked to the person who is handling all the Bronco orders. he cleared up quit a few questions for me. I was told no mark up on Bronco orders, Just the MSRP. He also told me that yes some people are getting their orders bumped way up in line because particular part shortages that dont effect their build. i asked what I could change to make my order go faster. he said it would be a risk not worth it .because if its not one thing it will be another . If you remove your MIC top you will also be removing all the components that support the MIC top and will have a hard time getting them if you choose to replace the MIC top at a later date. I also spoke to him about why they chose to use the stock Badlands and not the Wiltrak in the baja race. he replied they wanted to use the most capable stock model with no upgrades. that included all models with the sasquatch upgrade package. he emphasized on the word stock. I read all the posts trying to learn as much I can about this very confusing process. it seems to be it is as it is. I shall wait to get mine as I have ordered it. I talked to him about some of the electronics. RPM controlling spool speed on the turbos. brakes being affected at what speed in what driving mode your in. Stuff way over my head. Still much to learn. very sophisticated electronics. cant sleep at night. I want my toy!

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
they wanted to use the most capable stock model with no upgrades
This makes no sense, since Sasquatch is stock and badlands has many upgrades vs. Base…

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This makes no sense, since Sasquatch is stock and badlands has many upgrades vs. Base…
Stock as in how it left the factory not in comparison to the lowest trim. And with the skids plates, rock rails, modular bumpers the Badlands has the capability advantage over the Wildtrak even with its Sasquatch standard. Other than the 35's and a still as of yet confirmed amount of lift to accommodate them the Badlands suspension is the same as Sasquatch.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I went to the dealership today where I placed my order. I talked to the person who is handling all the Bronco orders. he cleared up quit a few questions for me. I was told no mark up on Bronco orders, Just the MSRP. He also told me that yes some people are getting their orders bumped way up in line because particular part shortages that dont effect their build. i asked what I could change to make my order go faster. he said it would be a risk not worth it .because if its not one thing it will be another . If you remove your MIC top you will also be removing all the components that support the MIC top and will have a hard time getting them if you choose to replace the MIC top at a later date. I also spoke to him about why they chose to use the stock Badlands and not the Wiltrak in the baja race. he replied they wanted to use the most capable stock model with no upgrades. that included all models with the sasquatch upgrade package. he emphasized on the word stock. I read all the posts trying to learn as much I can about this very confusing process. it seems to be it is as it is. I shall wait to get mine as I have ordered it. I talked to him about some of the electronics. RPM controlling spool speed on the turbos. brakes being affected at what speed in what driving mode your in. Stuff way over my head. Still much to learn. very sophisticated electronics. cant sleep at night. I want my toy!
I find it ironic as well, but many folks swear that BL is the top tier (sans FE of course) but I disagree.

It makes no sense to race a Baja without using their Baja Trim. I just think Ford is really pushing the Badlands since that trim is what everyone thinks is going to knock the Rubicon off it's Perch. Or maybe it simple boils down to the dust since it had no windows and they wanted the wash out.

I'm actually a bit surprised there isn't some thread about why Ford is down selling the WT.

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

keep in mind The Mach E is only expected to make 50,000 vehicles Per year.
bronco is expected to quadruple that.

however yes, if your one of the people that are going to put down a reservation deposit day1 then Yes expect to pay Threw the nose for wanting to get the new shiny toy. That’s economics 101
Not for MYR21. Only expected to produce about 70k Broncos between now and end of production year in Dec. Maybe those numbers can triple or quadruple by MYR23, but won’t happen sooner than that, most likely.