First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yep I really hope that an adapted raptor arm swap is possible and beneficial. Pick up a bit of articulation and a bit of strength using take off parts designed by Ford and adapted by ingenuity. Swap the front arms, upgrade the shafts and spindles/knuckles, then make some tweaks to the rear and you will have a seriously capable beast with out even lifting much.
Sponsored

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Swapping in parts from a Warthog, "might" not be possible.....

How many suspension components can be swapped between an F150 and a RAPTOR?????
(I "believe" that the frames different.....)

Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Nickp are you able to provide the link to this? (or can you direct message me the link to the page?)

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Found this post extremely interesting in regards to solid axle vs. IFS, and where Ford is coming from with their design. Iā€™m by no means a suspension expert and had never even heard of VCI, but Erik Latranyi who wrote the posts said I was welcome to share his posts over here. Thanks to him and should be a good discussion!
I found this explanation to be true with my 07 FJ TRD vs Rubicons. The best test I can point you to is to find a dirt hill with a steep grade and starting from a stop position at the bottom of the hill have the IFS off-road vehicle ascend with slow controlled throttle and then have the SFA off-road vehicle do the same. I have found versus multiple rubicons that they required "momentum" prior to the ascent uphill. From my observation, the sprung weight over the axle was not direct pressure to the ground and so the axle and cab jumps when the front wheels pull upward, causing loss of traction. The FJ dominated the jeep in these scenarios. Put on "ATRAC", lock the rear and when the wheel slipped the other wheels got the power and were planted with no axle/cab bounce.

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Swapping in parts from a Warthog, "might" not be possible.....

How many suspension components can be swapped between an F150 and a RAPTOR?????
(I "believe" that the frames different.....)
The 2WD vs 4WD is very different.
4WD F-150 to Raptor. The A-Arm points are the same.
I believe everything can bolt on. Can't remember is the half-shafts can bolt in or if you need a custom length set made up.
I had contemplated doing a suspension swap on my 2013 F-150.

If I had to guess, the frames on the Bronco and "Warthog" will be the same.
Suspension parts will be different.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

"For those that modify, Wrangler will be better. But, from the factory, Bronco will be superior in all but a very narrow range of conditions....according to the engineers who designed it."

So a Modified Wrangler will always be better then a Modified 6th Gen Bronco?

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The current Bronco probably would already be a ā€œmid armā€ setup to use Jeep terms. Itā€™s not short arm... but itā€™s not quite long arm either. The warthog will probably be more of a true ā€œlong armā€.
Would a short arm be like short ribs, the medium a baby back and the long arm would be beef ribs?

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"For those that modify, Wrangler will be better. But, from the factory, Bronco will be superior in all but a very narrow range of conditions....according to the engineers who designed it."

that depends on the modification done. some mods are detrimental (but look cool!)

example: california squatch on a vehicle designated for towing.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Would a short arm be like short ribs, the medium a baby back and the long arm would be beef ribs?
Iā€™m partial to baby back ribs myself so Iā€™d switch them with beef ribs in your example. Seems about right otherwise though! šŸ˜‚

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

His point with this is that for rock crawling purposes that do necessitate a solid front axle, the wrangler has way more potential for conquering or increasing itā€™s ability than the Bronco does. Just because you can do so many crazy things with a SFA. The Bronco has a bit of a ā€œcapā€ because of this, but improvements can still be made. Youā€™re just not going to get crazy flex like you can out of a three link or something similar.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Time will tell. I buy the Bronco will generally beat the Wrangler at higher speed off-road driving, due to less unsprung weight and independence of left/right front wheels. And I'll take washboard-like surfaces with Bronco for the win.

I also buy some folks playing at Baha racing will be tweaking or outright destroying their new Broncos, lol. At high speeds you are asking a lot out of off-road impacts from a production non-race vehicle, compared to slower speed trail impacts.

Articulation and potential issues with center section meeting trail on IFS compression and aftermarket improvement options? Looking forward to seeing Bronco in action, should be a lot of Broncos on the trails to match against Wranglers, good times ahead.
Sponsored