Sponsored

Largest best performing A/T tires that fit BASE model rims / wheels?

Oakpv1

Base
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AWD Ford Ecosport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Recommendations please- to upgrade, what are the largest / best performing A/T tires that will fit the base model rims? Any recommendations?
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Recommendations please- to upgrade, what are the largest / best performing A/T tires that will fit the base model rims? Any recommendations?
You can't go wrong with a 265/75 x 16 (32") Cooper Discoverer, BFG KO2, or Falken Wildpeak. 32's should fit fine as the are stock on BB and BD with the same suspension and wheel offset. The Coopers are available in 255/85 x 16 (33"), which are the same width as a stock base but 3" taller so there may be clearance issues. Speedo error would be 6% with the 32's and 10% with the 33's, there is debate whether this is fixable with programing.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

"Best tires" for what focus? What usage bias?

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You can't go wrong with a 265/75 x 16 (32") Cooper Discoverer, BFG KO2, or Falken Wildpeak. 32's should fit fine as the are stock on BB and BD with the same suspension and wheel offset. The Coopers are available in 255/85 x 16 (33"), which are the same width as a stock base but 3" taller so there may be clearance issues. Speedo error would be 6% with the 32's and 10% with the 33's, there is debate whether this is fixable with programing.
Can a Ford certified mechanic tune the speedometer? Iwas wondering if i should just bite the bullet and have the dealer do the work

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can a Ford certified mechanic tune the speedometer? Iwas wondering if i should just bite the bullet and have the dealer do the work
Certified and with the proper tool(s).

Sponsored
OP
OP
Oakpv1

Oakpv1

Base
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AWD Ford Ecosport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

"Best tires" for what focus? What usage bias?
Predominantly city driving but regular camping trips into Sierra Nevada, forest service roads, etc. for camping. Looking for a beefier, better looking tire also.

thanks for your input.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Predominantly city driving but regular camping trips into Sierra Nevada, forest service roads, etc. for camping. Looking for a beefier, better looking tire also.

thanks for your input.
That might help some of the recommendations here. I'm old and enjoyed the Coopers I had long ago for pavement/plowing (Jeep, Toyota, F150/250).

What I have started to trust lately is the Tire Rack testing videos. They will pit several tires against each other on the same vehicle.

Cruise through there, I bet you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Really helped with the GMax tires I got for my sedan from that info.

Last edited:

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Largest meaning what? Widest, tallest or? Stock wheels I assume? 255/85/16s are most likely tallest on the stock rim. Best performing will be based on your use and not mine, so just research the tires available in the size you want. I tend to prefer American made tires these days and tend to shy away from Chinese or similar made, but plenty of choices out there.

Sponsored

SavvyG

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I can only comment on what I have owned. BFG ko2 and Falken wild peak at3. Be careful on what load rating you are getting. The higher you go the stiffer the sidewall and ride will be.

OP
OP
Oakpv1

Oakpv1

Base
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AWD Ford Ecosport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thank you for the information.

OP
OP
Oakpv1

Oakpv1

Base
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AWD Ford Ecosport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That might help some of the recommendations here. I'm old and enjoyed the Coopers I had long ago for pavement/plowing (Jeep, Toyota, F150/250).

What I have started to trust lately is the Tire Rack testing videos. They will pit several tires against each other on the same vehicle.

Cruise through there, I bet you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Really helped with the GMax tires I got for my sedan from that info.
Thank you for the information, much appreciated.

OP
OP
Oakpv1

Oakpv1

Base
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AWD Ford Ecosport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thank you for the information!
Sponsored