Sponsored

POLL: Does your spouse know you're buying a Bronco?

Does your spouse know you're buying a Bronco?

• Yes

• No, so don't tell them

Results are only viewable after voting.

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The dude secretly buying the Bronco and hiding it from his wife and kids; probably never should have gotten married, and even worse, shouldn't of had kids. If he's like that about a vehicle (again; its just a vehicle, its not a person), he's like that in other ways, and those are 3 kids that are going to grow up and dismiss him from their lives as soon as they can. Dudes making a mistake. Vehicles come and go, but time with family once gone, is gone forever.

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let me share a hint to the wise. Don't think that a wife is ever truly in the dark. Women know what kind of animal they've married. Guys often have no idea about their own wives, but wives do take stock, just sometimes accept and don't verbalize, but they know.

There have been several songs written over the years on this subject, so, proceed with stupidity at your own peril.

I'm no angel by any stretch, but I know not to test my wife either. Boys can have their toys, but hiding stuff usually indicates a dark pattern.

I will qualify the above. The wife knows, they always know, BUT, some can't bear to admit it to themselves and claim they didn't know. They know.....

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ima laugh when his wife intentionally “loves” her new Anniversery gift and claims it as hers

also we all heard the joke about the dude who blows his kids college fund on a mid life crisis toy. This guys actually about to do it.

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My wife has known about and supported the Bronco from day one (maybe day 2). But a few weeks ago before I placed the order I said "So, how much do YOU think I'll be spending on the Bronco?" She said "Oh I figured it'd be expensive". So I said "what exactly do you think my build is priced at?" The answer: "About $50,000". Whew, crisis averted. It's actually $55k but at least we're in the "rounding error" zone.

Sponsored

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, she knows... And she's tired of hearing about it.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just told my wife the other day. 3 weeks after I ordered mine... LOL!!! She is happy about it. It could have gone either way!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not to take this thread off the rails but should I share with women I date that I am on the cusp of retirement?
I don't get it? What's the big deal with you being almost retired? Unless you're some wiz who's going to retire at 40, she can probably tell by looking at your old ass or the fact that you have that prescription that you disappear to take just before coming to bed about that time when you turn that slow music on...... Loverboy silver fox! ;)

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It would be funny if he ends up not being able to get financing on it because his wife secretly has a ton of credit card debt in his name that he doesn't know about.

timgarrett

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My wife is tired of hearing about it. She knows exactly the options I'm getting and what it's gonna cost me. The only thing she is mad about is that I'm getting a MY 22 and she has to hear about it for another year!
Sponsored