Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They also announced some new Bronco SPORT packages coming out for Big Bend and Outer Banks to get the option package without the moonroof to help with commodity issues, so gives me hope they'll do some things on Bronco if the commodities make scheduling a complete nightmare (33s on OBX would help several of my orders).
🙏🙌 - I'm not going to lie - it moved. Getting 33s stock on my OBX would be welcome news. (Yes, I realize that it is only a suggestion made by you.)
Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These are just estimates, the options will be available, just that there are more orders coming in with them than production will allow, but many of these I don't see causing problems for most of us. It all depends where you are on the list when scheduling happens, other than 2.7L and Sasquatch (which I think will be a MAJOR problem), most of these won't even be noticed by majority of orders, just as scheduling progresses some options will run out. Last order assigned a vin will be a 2.3L auto 4 door.

So don't get too worried about this list yet (except 2.7L and Sas, Sas in particular I'm doing some soul searching as I think it's going to cause massive delays.

Conversion rate will have nothing to do with commodities. There will be enough conversions to fill the year, it just depends what options are ordered. For 22 once reservations start finishing, I suspect you'll start seeing 2.3L autos on lots while 2.7L Sasquatch reservations remain unfilled.
I’m not trying to argue against your points because clearly you know more about these constraints than I do but conversion rates will seemingly cause issues or not cause issues...

The higher conversion rate the longer the wait on said commodity, the lower conversion rate the more commodity to go around...
Seems pretty basic to me....

Oh well.... it will get here when it gets here and if it don’t... so be it..

Customers will drop like flies with more delays... it’s inevitable... the average bronco buyer will move on to other things...

Last edited:

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I live in Detroit, I follow the auto industry
I hear'ya on chips...but most of what I've read has been related to a plant here and there idled for a week.

Ford's got 'Chicken Little syndrome'. Supply issues aside, when you screw the pooch as much as they have on this launch, you lose the presumption of innocence.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Granted there's no toilet paper in this project, but the time for Covid excuses is running out.
it's still a reason, but in more of a sub-reason vs directly. Covid sent everyone home a year ago, and everyone at home had to deal with there being not enough of:
motherboards
memory
cpu's
gpu's
webcams
basically everything.

Then, they get production doubled or triped on those things since PC's are now selling better than they did when the internet was a teensy little passing fad, and what happens?
Crypto goes thru the roof again. for the cost of a full set of nice wheels and 4x4 tires, know what you can have? ONE high-end nvidia or AMD gpu. and even at those prices, they are sold out everywhere. Cryptomining operations are literally buying shipping containers of thousands of cards at a time, and they're back ordered for months, These companies are printing money again. And they did it by not giving two shits about their automotive customers, because why would they put resources into something where every auto mfr took a 6 month hit of next to zero sales, and production went thru the floor because everyone couldn't come to work?

tl;dr It's definitely bullshit, but it is what it is, and is a combination of a lot of factors.

However, I'm still doing a happy dance, because nothing that I've opted for is on that commodity list, woot!

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So going off that list, pretty much 99.9% of orders will be delayed.
Ya and for me changing my order to say a 2.3 BB soft top bores the shit outta me.. I’d rather keep my truck.... I won’t sacrifice what I want to maybe get that small chance I get my bronco only 6 months down the road think man I could’ve had that and settled for this...

I will cancel my order before I settle..

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Customers will drop like flies with more delays... it’s inevitable... the average bronco buyer will move on to other things...
Any customer dropping after mid March due to delays just means their order becomes a dealer stock unit, no change to conversion rate or build order

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It will continue to change as time goes by.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I live in Detroit, I follow the auto industry, it is reported on in great detail here, but there are literally 30 major stories on constraints and massive earnings pressure to the entire industry due primarily due to semiconductor supplies. Add that to the issues suppliers face and JIT manufacturing and it’s pretty clear this part of the launch delay was not primarily related to “bad planning “. Think what you want, but it’s just not accurate, based on the information I have looked at. I am sure Ford has made planning mistakes along the way, but the supply constraints are at least substantially due to issues affecting the larger market.
100%.

Sponsored

Hamhands

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I reserved in late July, I ordered a base model 4 door, the only options I ordered are rapid red, aux switches and hardtop. Even with the hardtop, I am hoping for a 21 delivery. I am kinda banking on jumping ahead of more component rich builds.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This should have been released over a year ago and none of this would be happening. This launch has been the longest since the new Frontier.
Ford Bronco Current commodity lists it_s_been_84_yeras-DMID1-5gvl1hy01-245x245

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any customer dropping after mid March due to delays just means their order becomes a dealer stock unit, no change to conversion rate or build order
I think due to demand any order dropped prior to a VIN being issued and the vehicle scheduled to build will just not be built, and those commodities redirected to orders sold. There will be a shit storm of bad press if high end Broncos show up on dealer lots before ordered units.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe at some dealers but from my reputable dealer says if you cancel before the VIN is created the order is canceld and not built...
No dealer stock unit..

No harm no foul...

I’m sure some of the questionable dealers will use this to sell stock units..

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think due to demand any order dropped prior to a VIN being issued and the vehicle scheduled to build will just not be built, and those commodities redirected to orders sold. There will be a shit storm of bad press if high end Broncos show up on dealer lots before ordered units.
I thought something very similar about there being no way Ford would be stupid enough to move the allocations from the reservations to the dealers because it would be a shit show of bad press and pissed off people when they found out that they fought that buggy website to pay $100 to stand in a line that Ford broke up into individual lines at each dealer after the fact and was rather secretive about it. I argued with a lot of people because I was positive Ford had more brains than a dead cat. Yet, here we are.
Sponsored