Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've worked at Ford's for 21 years and a I'm currently skilled trades, that thing will be up and running in hours. I had a large fire in one of the machines and had guys working on it around the clock for 6 days. Had to teplace every wire in the machine but had it up and running like nothing happend.
Downtime is no joke in the plants from my understanding. The family business I worked for when I was younger had a lot of guys that went back and forth from the plants to our business, depending on the economy and how frustrated they were with the auto manufacturer that week. All sorts of crazy stories about what broke (how and why was even more interesting) and what length they would go to fix stuff. Most of the people I know are involved with other aspects of the business, but it all revolves around the plants at some point!

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I once worked in a building where our power was apparently ran by a 50s era diesel generator in the basement out of something I wont say, well it started making noise and there was no fixing it, but also no knowledge left on what it actually powered if replaced. Luckly it didnt catch fire.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been on several crane fire repair jobs... BIIG FAWKING CRANES, big fawking fires.
They'll go 24/7 and have it rebuilt in no time.
If it is that critical, there are contingencies. Guarantee it.
We've scavenged less critical cranes for parts before.
This stuff happens so often you wonder how the hell any of these places stay in business.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dismantling it to move and erecting a new one (likely custom built) might not be trivial.
That would be my biggest concern.

Was working at a distribution point involving fuel pipelines a few years ago. I was amazed to learn that many of the manifolds and other pieces were custom built with no spare on hand. Boggled my mind that anyone thought this was a good idea, but apparently common in many industries/applications.

deejaybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I hope I don't get anyone in trouble for sharing this, that's why I censored the post. But I know someone who works at Dearborn stamping and they shared that there was a fire on one of the cranes used for setting presses on the Bronco line.

I edited this post to remove their Facebook post as suggested by others here. I really hope that they can get this fixed soon.
So, in other words, all of our orders are pushed to MY23...:sneaky:

Glcmranger

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I hope I don't get anyone in trouble for sharing this, that's why I censored the post. But I know someone who works at Dearborn stamping and they shared that there was a fire on one of the cranes used for setting presses on the Bronco line.

I edited this post to remove their Facebook post as suggested by others here. I really hope that they can get this fixed soon.
Their new excuse factory is working overtime. This is great!

Sponsored

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
LOL....I'm sure they can...But would probably take months to get one in.
As an industrial maintenance engineer, I'll say it won't take months. Maybe a week or two, tops. We had an entire line destroyed by fire a few weeks ago, and the part that is taking time is the 30 million dollar insurance claim. The show must go on, and I assure you, it will.

ROCKO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Breaking news bronco now pushed back to 2024. Plant burned down and must be rebuilt before production can continue 😂😂😂

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Manufacturing usually has contingency plans for things like this, as much as we can.
Either bridge cranes that travel the length of an area and are able to travel along the path of the hobbled crane, extra VFD's, contactors, and motors on hand, whatever.
We are a smaller company and I made it a point to order an extra VFD, extra contactors, extra wire rope, trolley drive motors, buss fuses, sheaves, pulleys, etc. to keep on the shelf.
The worst situation we've had that we could not handle in-house kept us down for maybe 2 days.
We have a crane repair service on call.
I'm sure if my privately owned company has these plans a multi-national fortune 500 company has that and more.
I wouldn't sweat it.
One would think and hope. But this is Ford we are talking about here.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That would be my biggest concern.

Was working at a distribution point involving fuel pipelines a few years ago. I was amazed to learn that many of the manifolds and other pieces were custom built with no spare on hand. Boggled my mind that anyone thought this was a good idea, but apparently common in many industries/applications.
Custom parts require custom solutions. :cool:
Sponsored