Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would go to Detroit to get my Bronco, only place I would go to get my Bronco too. Would see family and see how much Faygo Rock n Rye a 4dr could haul back to Idaho.
Faaaygo Pop rules :)
Sponsored

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They won't offer this while COVID is going on, they don't want any non-essential people anywhere near their facility. Otherwise it's a great option.
I'll meet the driver in a McDonald's parking lot. I'm not picky.

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Funny, when I ordered a new SAAB Turbo Convertible I was able to pick it up from the factory in Sweden (I was living in germany at the time), they put me up in a Hotel, provided transportation to the Factory along with both a tour and a test drive of a mannequin on their track. There were about a dozen of us picking up new cars. Not in the good old US though, got to give the Dealers a chance to 'up sale' you all kinds of stuff you don't want or need.
My parents did that with one of their Saabs in the '90s and more recently with a BMW then had it shipped to the US, probably didn't save any money but makes for a fun vacation.

Bestdayever

Base
First Name
- -Soupbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor.. Boss302..Edge Sport..Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
I believe new car hauling is negotiated by a teamster contract with Ford, G.M. and Fiat\Chrysler.

HEADLINE NEWS
HOFFA PLEDGES SOLIDARITY WITH UAW IN BIG THREE NEGOTIATIONS

The Teamsters National Automobile Transporters Industry Negotiating Committee reached a tentative agreement on Sept. 1 for a new national carhaul contract that covers about 6,000 Teamster carhaulers.

Ask a teamster to give up that $1495. See how that works for you. :rolleyes:

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My parents did that with one of their Saabs in the '90s and more recently with a BMW then had it shipped to the US, probably didn't save any money but makes for a fun vacation.
BMW ended EU delivery but you can still take delivery at one of the performance centers here in the U.S.... That's excellent fun.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They won't offer this while COVID is going on, they don't want any non-essential people anywhere near their facility. Otherwise it's a great option.
Offer COVID shot at the time of pick up. 🧑‍🚒

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The destination fee is an averaged amount and not per vehicle cost. Also, required by law to be on the sticker.
But not required to be any particular dollar amount.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It sure does, you fly over and pick up the new car and do a Europe tour for a few weeks before turning it over to them to ship back to the states. Last I looked it has to have 1000 miles on it so customs doesn't charge you tax as a re-seller.

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It sure does, you fly over and pick up the new car and do a Europe tour for a few weeks before turning it over to them to ship back to the states. Last I looked it has to have 1000 miles on it so customs doesn't charge you tax as a re-seller.
interesting I wasn't paying attention when they planned everything, I know they drove around Germany with the BMW when they got that one in 2015(?). I'm sure they did the same when they got the Saab. I think it is the only way my mom could convince my dad to take her to Europe lol. They also keep their cars forever so its something special to do once every 20 years.

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure if it is a federal law or just state laws, but you have to use a dealership to purchase a vehicle. Tesla had to fight to be able to sell directly to consumers. Rational from Tesla was a dealership couldn't sell an electric vehicle properly.

Sponsored

Vellicate

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2014 Flex Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would love to do a factory delivery. I'm currently trying to convince (bug) one of our project managers to get a factory tour of MAP. Would love to see my Bronco being built but would settle for any Bronco really, think it would be cool to see the tools I built doing their thing.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if it is a federal law or just state laws, but you have to use a dealership to purchase a vehicle. Tesla had to fight to be able to sell directly to consumers. Rational from Tesla was a dealership couldn't sell an electric vehicle properly.
Nope, I bought mine direct from SAAB while in Germany, part of the sale was free shipping to the US. I picked it up at the port in SF myself and the customs agent just made sure of the mileage, and gave me 30 days to register it in the US. I promptly got stopped for speeding on a freeway access ramp, doing 75 (speed limit was 55) before merging. If you merge slower than that in Germany you get run down. Many people take advantage of the Fly and Drive vacations to Europe, and get their car shipped home for free, nothing new.

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would go to Detroit to get my Bronco, only place I would go to get my Bronco too. Would see family and see how much Faygo Rock n Rye a 4dr could haul back to Idaho.
So you are saying you wouldn't go pickup your Bronco Sport at the factory?

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Kdog

Black Diamond
First Name
ChrisK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CrV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would go. Volvo paid way to Sweden from Germany via military sales. Fun trip but couldn’t tour because we had 18 month twins with us.
Sponsored