First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So with a 2.7 4dr BL with MGV on order, will Ford now allow their WBDO system to let this sound deadening be added since it wasn't allowed for my combo before?
Yes. Ford's preference is to just have the supplier supply the hard tops with the headliner already installed. There were problems consistently installing the headliner on the manufacturing floor, causing slow-downs.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I will take it for free. I was originally going aftermarket anyway so if Ford wants to give to me free I will take it. Saves me money.

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m going with free..

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does the option for sound deadening headliner come with the mod top for the BD or only the MIC top?

Sponsored

Nick72

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So with a 2.7 4dr BL with MGV on order, will Ford now allow their WBDO system to let this sound deadening be added since it wasn't allowed for my combo before?
Thats the way the memo to dealers read.

Nick72

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does the option for sound deadening headliner come with the mod top for the BD or only the MIC top?
Memo said MIC and made no mention of the mod top.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Memo said MIC and made no mention of the mod top.
No actually the memo just said hard tops. No distinguishment between MIC or mod.

The Sound Deadening Headliner is now available across the entire 2021 Model Year Bronco hard top model lineup regardless of selected options for no charge ($495 value).

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One thing to consider....given that the vast majority of tops for MY21 will have the factory sound deadening it could be some time before we see the aftermarket pick up for headliners. I could be wrong but probably wont be a lot of demand until Ford is no longer providing on every top at no cost. I cant pretend to know if this is just a MY21 thing or not.

Sponsored

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I stand corrected. Just read the memo again and no differentiation between MIC and MOD, just in the Bronco Nation summation.
Also initially i thought it was automatically free (so did my dealer) on all hard tops, but i believe on MGV, you actually have to let your dealer know so they can add it....waiting on confirmation.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Since my original build didn't allow for the sound deadening option initially, I had my mind set on purchasing an aftermarket HotHeads kit instead. For one, it seems much more substantial, and the reviews on their Jeep products are glowingly positive. Also, being in Arizona, the thickness of the HotHeads' product will aid in minimizing the transfer of heat from the roof to the cabin of my Bronco.

That said, now that Ford is offering FREE sound deadening on all MIC tops (with the caveat that Black Diamond reservation holders need to contact their dealer and have them add it to their builds free of charge), I'm at a crossroads: Do I just take the free version from Ford and not look back? Or do I stay the course, get my MIC top without the pre-installed thin liner and go with a HotHeads eventually? I imagine installing a HH on top of the Ford deadening is a no-go, as the weight of the HH could potentially begin to pull on the Ford headliner, causing it to sag (especially out here with the AZ heat potentially softening up the adhesive)

Are any other Black Diamond owners have the same trepidations?
(I've attached a pic of Ford's deadener versus a HotHeads Jeep deadener to showcase the differences in quality, fit, and coverage)

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Sound Deadening Dilemma Screenshot_20210319-120519_Chrome

Ford Bronco Black Diamond Sound Deadening Dilemma Screenshot_20210319-120519_Chrome
Looking at those 2 pics, the Ford headliner all the way. The other is leaving about 25% uncovered and looks terrible.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Also initially i thought it was automatically free (so did my dealer) on all hard tops, but i believe on MGV, you actually have to let your dealer know so they can add it....waiting on confirmation.
That is correct, but it is still free if you add it.
Sponsored