Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2500 HD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
Is anyone else concerned that the shorter wheelbase of the (vastly superior looking) 2DR might make it a little sketchy doing high speed (or otherwise) antics in the desert? I'm as guilty of as the next guy of poking fun at the 4DR brigade but I now find myself contemplating defection, purely from a stability standpoint. I must admit I feel a bit like a traitor.
Sponsored

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I made the change from 2DR to 4DR about two weeks ago. I like the way both look, but I agree the 2DR looks better. I just wanted a little more room inside. Can't wait to be waiving at everyone.

Sponsored

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I made the change from 2DR to 4DR about two weeks ago. I like the way both look, but I agree the 2DR looks better. I just wanted a little more room inside. Can't wait to be waiving at everyone.
we discussed this.

the bronco wave is the middle finger.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I defected as soon as official cargo length specs were guesstimated on spy shots. If the 2 door had 10 more inches in the rear I could have made it work. Maybe if they took 4 inches out of the dash and 6 inches out of the hood. But my current hopes and dreams are to buy a 4 door next year. and maybe after its payed off around 2030 and everyone is driving electrics, pick up an old gas guzzling 2.7 2 dr that has been manual swapped. Hopes and dreams.

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is anyone else concerned that the shorter wheelbase of the (vastly superior looking) 2DR might make it a little sketchy doing high speed (or otherwise) antics in the desert? I'm as guilty of as the next guy of poking fun at the 4DR brigade but I now find myself contemplating defection, purely from a stability standpoint. I must admit I feel a bit like a traitor.
The wheelbase on the 2 door is 100.4" and the 4 door is 116".

For what it's worth the 2 door wrangler is only 96.8" but the 4 door is 118.4"

So what I'm saying is you should just cancel your order and buy a Jeep.

kidding, calm down... shush... there there...

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I drive a shorter wheelbase SUV right now and it has never felt sketchy at high speeds. Thatā€™s a Jeep thing. šŸ˜‚

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All this engineering Ford put into every little detail. I have faith that they didnā€™t build the ultimate off-road vehicle that somehow isnā€™t great off-road.

My wife and I agree that itā€™s two-door or no Bronco. If the Bronco was four-door only, we wouldnā€™t have even thought twice about even making a reservation, let alone buying it. Not that we donā€™t like four door vehicles (almost all of ours have been four-door). Itā€™s just that the two-door calls out to us whereas the four-door just says ā€œanother SUVā€. If by some remote chance the two-door ends up sucking, I guess weā€™ll sell at hopefully not much loss and Iā€™ll go hunting for the Shelby GT350 I wish I had bought. šŸ˜

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Longer WB and better ride/stability was one thing I thought about when deciding 4dr. That and I wanted the extra room.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just like real Raptorā€™s are Super Cab, real Broncoā€™s are two door. Four door is a compromise to sell trucks to dadā€™s. As not a member of the Dad community I will enjoy my two door Bronco with the b pillar farther back and longer door openings.

I owned a 1997 Jeep Wrangler for a few years, the high speed ride or handling was never a concern for me.
Sponsored