Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I told all the dealers here this information 2 weeks ago(along with a handful of members who posted pics of their DORA) but I guess no one paid attention. I cleaned up 74 orders that had top conflicts after they told us not to leave them as "unbuildable" 19 orders. The ones that wanted to stay in the mix for a '21, I simply changed the top to either soft or MIC. The ones that wanted to wait, I emailed the region the entire list of orders to move back to priority 99. Not only do the dealers have to clean up the 19 orders, they also had to clean up the ones pushed back to 99. They didn't want to leave those dirty either, which I really didn't understand....but whatever.

I do feel bad for folks with dealers that don't pay attention, which seems to be about 99%.
Why would you have to clean up the 99s? Aren't they automatically pushed back?
Sponsored

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why would you have to clean up the 99s? Aren't they automatically pushed back?
Ford still gets a compatibility error on their side, which I suppose they don't like. I asked my zone manager why it mattered and she didn't know. I just fixed them all anyway.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

41% is a HUGE number. Holy cow! No wonder Ford sent this email.

There are a lot of permutations on how this happened:
  1. Dealers reached out to customer, customer wanted to keep order as is, Dealer didn't know they needed to change code to 99.
  2. Dealers reached out to customer, customer didn't respond, Dealer didn't know what to do.
  3. Dealer completely unaware they needed to reach out to customer.
  4. Dealer reached out to customer, customer wanted to change to "buildable" order, dealer botched the conversion.
  5. probably several other permutations on this

What doesn't make sense though is that Ford doesn't need to cancel the order. There are probably efficiency benefits to reducing the unbuildable pool as @ZackDanger has pointed out, but there are likely a few stragglers out there, that it makes much more sense to take the efficiency hit, than cancel the order. Ford can simply skip the build (just like they've been doing for the past 3 weeks) and rehash this at the MY 21/MY 22 conversion date. Why cancel an order that you don't have to, and deal with all those potential PO'd cusomers?

Delli555

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went with one further away not just for the discount, but also because they are extremely competent so I don't have to worry about problems like this, and I'll get a road trip home on back roads for the break-in period.
I used one on the South Shore/South Coast and my dealer won't even tell me allocation numbers or even how many orders they got. He did tell me 5 builds scheduled already. I think he knows but won't tell me because I was a last second reservation so he knows mine is low in the queue.

Sponsored

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So has the list changed for things that would be an issue for this? I’ve ordered a few things like SAS and the 2.7 but I don’t think anything I ordered has been kicked to 2022. But if there is an up to date list I can compare to my order I’d love to see it

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So has the list changed for things that would be an issue for this? I’ve ordered a few things like SAS and the 2.7 but I don’t think anything I ordered has been kicked to 2022. But if there is an up to date list I can compare to my order I’d love to see it
everything is a potential issue its a moving target, hence why you shouldn't try to change your order to chase it.

Navy94

Wildtrak
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There's a difference between a constraint (which is buildable in MY21 when they have the parts) and something that isn't buildable, since the option isn't even a MY21 option.

What I want to know is how many of the 41% is people who ultimately want the MY22 option and are willing to wait (but aren't coded 99), and how many are people who don't realize their chosen options are no longer available in MY21 (MOD/Dual Tops), but their dealer hasn't communicated with them (or isn't even aware of the problem themselves).
I called the dealer the day the email came out. I change my order to the MIC.

MooseF15

Badlands
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner Off-Road; 2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why can't Ford at least have the courtesy to notify the end user that their order is unbuildable and move it to 99 instead of cancelling? They can't not understand the s-storm that is coming if they start nuking orders.
Exactly, even in my Excel spreadsheet I can filter the items I don’t want to work on, and I only see the desired data. The other data is not lost or cancelled, and can be accessed as soon as it becomes relevant again.
We can do this, we have the technology.

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m worried about the fact that I got an order confirmation email from Ford, but I never received a DORA.

Sponsored

Quinn_the_eskimo

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep Scrambler, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I cleaned up 74 orders that had top conflicts after they told us not to leave them as "unbuildable" 19 orders. The ones that wanted to stay in the mix for a '21, I simply changed the top to either soft or MIC. The ones that wanted to wait, I emailed the region the entire list of orders to move back to priority 99.
For curiosity sake, how many cleaned up and how many pushed back?

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Some dealers were converting reservations to orders knowing they wouldn't be built as a 2021 because they thought the more reservations converted may impact, and increase, their dealer allocation. If they had more orders, Ford would provide them a larger allocation than originally stated. So, some orders should have been a 99, but the dealer didn't put them as a 99 thinking it would end up being a 2022 even as a 19 due to constraints. This may end up blowing up the order, a 19, even though the dealer converted it knowing it couldn't be built.
I have a feeling this is exactly what is happening with my order since I reserved a Wildtrak late and my order code is 19. I am hoping that the hotly discussed May communication will just tell me that my order has been converted to MY22 and that I should check back when the build site starts reflecting MY22 options To update my order.

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
everything is a potential issue its a moving target, hence why you shouldn't try to change your order to chase it.
I was thinking more about making sure if something needed to be done by the dealer it got done. If everything is right I wouldn’t need to pester him

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m worried about the fact that I got an order confirmation email from Ford, but I never received a DORA.
Ford doesn't send you the DORA. You must request this from the dealer. A good dealer will just give it to you without your asking.
Sponsored